How do you women feel about acting stupid to please men and the borg?

by Dragonlady76 97 Replies latest jw friends

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    why in the hell do I have nipples?

Whaddya think?

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_700634.html

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    The sense of power is in the mind for the more intelligent and secure man

True. I see the biggest bad-ass looking men walking around and they have the greatest attitudes, gentle almost. They also have these little tiny dogs and no one dares to say a thing, teacup poodles, chihuahuas, etc. Then I see this skinny little insecure gangsta punk who would lose a fight to Shirley Temple walking a pair of pit bulls with spiked collars.

LOL

J

• seven006
    seven006

***Have I ever told you how adorable you are when you grovel? ***

That's not groveling. I don't grovel. It's just accepting that which is obvious.

***One day, when I'm a widow, maybe I'll just have to show you. ***

Widow? Ya mean dead husband kind'a thing? Did I tell you I'm moving to South America? Not one of those lame ass countries without extradition agreements with America, but one of those who do.

I was only kidding about the bullets. How 'bout a nice box of chocolates? Valium? Lithium? A nice bottle of Chianti and some fava beans?

You don't really scare me Scully, really you don't. I was just trying to be cute in this very serious thread. The way the watchtower treats women is appalling. Damn them! Damn, damn, damn, damn those bastards!

My boss is calling me. I need to get back to work. My computer broke.

Take care,

Dave

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

Greetings!

Sorry everyone, but Jehovah's Witnesses aside and the unequality of the sexes within the Organization aside, (yes big problems here)

BUT

THE ADVICE IF YOU JUST TAKE IT FOR WHAT IT IS SAYING IS REALLY NOT VERY BAD (IT SHOULD JUST BE UNDERSTOOD TO APPLY TO BOTH SEXES - although frankly WE, MEN generally have a little bit bigger "EGO" and resent it more often when we are shown up by someone we know.)

BASIC PSYCHO-BIOLOGICAL influence just simply translates to the fact that Men want and need and are expected (by themselves and others) to feel better at doing certain things and that Women need, want and are expected to be better at doing certain things in life.

Whenever, these two fields CROSS, especially in our modern culture, it sometimes presents a dissonance. For example, many women present feelings of depression and anxiety, etc. because their male partners (or other female friends) are more "motherly" or better at nurturing their young children than they are. Similarly, many men have similar reactions when their female partner or other men are evidently better at doing "macho" things.

What I am saying is that if you really look at the Society's advice all that it is really saying is that if YOU (the woman) are better at doing something than your partner, YOU DO NOT NEED TO SHOW IT OFF OR SHOW HIM UP.

This isn't to repress women or subjugate them. This is just good advice for getting along. The society means to say the same thing when it says that the man should not "lord over" the wife.

This is GOOD ADVICE for everyone. Consider two people (any two people) who are in a relationship, each with differing abilities. Doesn't it just make sense to say that one who is better at something shouldn't make the other person feel bad for not being as good at the thing?!!

That is all the Society is saying that the Bible is saying.

-Eduardo

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    What I am saying is that if you really look at the Society's advice all that it is really saying is that if YOU (the woman) are better at doing something than your partner, YOU DO NOT NEED TO SHOW IT OFF OR SHOW HIM UP.

Yes, God forbid that we outshine a man in the organization. *Hears the elders saying, "Get the rope."* LOL

J

• AlanF
    AlanF

: How do you women feel about acting stupid to please men and the borg?

I think it's a good thing. After all, the Bible says that women are more valuable than coral jewelry, and what kind of living jewelry wouldn't want to please its owner? It also tells men to "train up a wife according to the way for her, and when she grows old, she will not retire from it."

AlanF

• bisous
    bisous

Alan - I got yer train right here, mister man. Just cos you wear a fancy hat don't mean you wear the pants, now.

Eduardo - god this little response window just ain't big enough to edumucate the likes of you. But that's okay, since you've got the SOCIETY to show you the way.

• bisous
    bisous
    Please, no comments about my fine art subject choices. It was only a momentary phase and I am now back to doing art of fruit baskets and pretty flowers.

un hunh. Hey Now!

• Scully
    Scully

This is just wrong.

:: shudders ::

• seven006
    seven006

***It also tells men to "train up a wife according to the way for her, and when she grows old, she will not retire from it."***

Alan,

That was a good one, how's the training going with big....I mean older.... I mean the Julie who's your wife, not the Julie who is your daughter?

It reminds me of when I read some crap from the family book to my ex-wife in a lame attempt to get a little of those wifely dues. She agreed with it so much she threw the damn book at me. So much for the wife under subjection theory and the concept of "just study the societies publications more" as some kind of a life's cure all. The damn pointy edges of that little book hurts like hell when it hits you in the back of the head.

Dave

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit