What is good and what is bad music?

by hillary_step 113 Replies latest social entertainment

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Minimus,

You are a "snoot" too. A very narrow minded musical genuis, a true legend in your own mind.

Now, now little fellow, let's not get all riled up. You know what the doctor said would happen to your breast implants if you got angry again.

HS
  • minimus
    minimus

Hillary, I wish I were your dentist. Check my new thread out.

• talesin
    talesin

LMAO! oh my,,,, that is sooooo naughty!

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Minimus,

Hillary, I wish I were your dentist. Check my new thread out.

You can always tell when Minimus' love interest is away at the local farm being stripped and dipped. His obsession with semen overwhelms his frantic right hand. HS

• Valis
    Valis

you guys get a dental office or somethin! I'm sure you'll make great music..

• Simon
    Simon

Yeah, I think you can recognise and enjoy *good* music whatever genre it is, even if it's something you don't normally like.

I pretty much detest country music ... but some I like. I think rap is generally just missing the 'c' at the start ... but some songs are good.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

The sheer soul and passion of the early blues recordings , and later ones too by say, Son House , Mississipi Fred Mcdowell, and Blind Willie Mctell can move me to sadness , joy etc .. for me that is good music although many would disagree with my choces and that is ok because we are all different. If people, unschooled in the 'correct' ways can use natural talent to use the rhythmic gift of god to express themselves - is not that what the essense of music really is?

I also like classic symphonies , Beethoven and so on.., and a whole range of rock music, So I guess I am agreeing with Minimus.

Is any music genre "Bad"? Only if it is misused to move people to bad actions, by inspiring hatred of others, and then we must be careful not to rush to judgement. A good many songs have been misunderstood

• minimus
    minimus

Hillary, you bad, man. Hillary giveth but cannot taketh.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    I pretty much detest country music ... but some I like. I think rap is generally just missing the 'c' at the start ... but some songs are good.

Rap/hip hop is nails on the chalkboard to these delicate ears. I'd rather visit the dentist and get squirted full of ... novacaine.

• minimus
    minimus

I can't clear my throat!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit