I'm so angry/been crying for hours

by fullof??? 53 Replies latest members private

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

my dear fullof???....I am in a very similar situation as I am neither DF'd or DA'd but my mom, sister & brother all shun me. This has gone on for at least 3 yrs. My sister also has two daughters that will no longer speak to me. Being separated from my beloved neices hurt more than not seeing my sister. I just chalk it up to JW mindcontrol and try to make as many new friends and acquire new "family" members on this board that have "been there, done that".

Please hang in there. It really does tear up your heart. Someone once said that shunning is just organized cruelty. How true. The hurt will get better with time...but never completely goes away.

Big hug

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

((((((fullof???))))))

I really wish that I could say something that would make you feel better, but sadly there is nothing I can think of right now. This is up to your sister and her willingness to hurt you so deeply.

In her own deluded reasoning, she has bought into the elders? lies that it is for your own good. Although it is not for your own good, it has been an effective control measure for the witnesses for years and they know it. Once they have our families they use them in an attempt to force us back. It is really sick, and I am so sorry that you are going through this.

Witnesses claim to worship a God of Love, and yet they purposely destroy families. It's sick.

Jeannie

• NewLight2
    NewLight2

fullof???,

Welcome to JWD.

The 'logic' behind their treatment has many faces:

Isolation - WT wants to separate your sister from all family members and friends who are not JW's. They do this for CONTROL.

Control - WT wants to instil 'fear' in the flock so that 'the sheep' will OBEY all the man-made rules of the Borg.

OBEY - WT says that all the 'sheep' must obey or they will be SHUNNED.

Shunning - This is done so that 'the sheep' will not find out by talking to 'non-sheep' about the grave SINS that the WT is guilty of.

Two books written by Steven Hassan are recomended reading:

Combatting Cult Mind Control and Releasing The Bonds

You might want to check out these web pages:

Jehovah's Witnesses: A Critical Analysis

A Bible Study Outline

These two contain many links to important information regarding the Watchtower Society.

NewLight2's Links Page

Johannes Greber's Home Page

Here is one that deals with Mind Control and Cults
    Mind Control - The BITE Model

NewLight2

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

I am so sorry. I can't believe your sister pulled her children into this crude. ((((((((Hugzzzzzzzz)))))))

• fairchild
    fairchild

fullof, This is so horrible. You did the right thing by posting this, as you will find some support here from people who are/ have been in the same situation, and they know what you are going through. There is indeed no logic in all this. It is good to be angry, at least you can let your feelings out. I really hope that your sister will come to her senses. In the meantime, hang in there, and take it one day at a time. Warm hugs to you,

Chris

• Bryan
    Bryan

fullof???,

I'm sorry.

I'm going through the same. My twenty year old daughter also shuns me though I am not df'ed or da'ed. I'm sorry, I don't know what to say other than I hope you heal as soon as possible.

Take care,

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• rwagoner
    rwagoner

Welcome and I'm sorry for your situation.

I am DA'd and shunned by my family so I'm familiar with the pain and frustration. I don't have a wealth of advise other than that there are a lot of great people here with lots of shared experiences..feel free to ask, share, vent and lean on...all you'd like.

• moanzy
    moanzy

Hey fullof!!

That is just terrible!!! Isn't evil that men decide for whole families what is good or not good for them. If I was you I would ask to be able to see the kids one more time and then let those kids know that you willl always love them and if they ever need you they can call. It may not have any real effect right now, but that 11 year old is not far off from when the real problems will hit. She/He WILL remember those words and WILL need you. She/he will know that you loved them so when they start to realize something is wrong with this religion they will know who they can trust.

Moanzy

• curlygirl
    curlygirl

I read your post and couldn't help but cry. I'm going through the same thing with my sister in law and my three year old niece. After my niece was born, we discussed my role as "auntie" and I assured my sister in law that I would not interfere in how they chose to raise her. I haven't and yet I've been excluded from her life for the last two years. I finally understand that I won't ever get a logical explanation as to WHY that is. I've decided that I'll continue to call and write until she's old enough to know that I've always attempted to be a part of her life and then she can decide. It sounds like we have alot in common-----feel free to pm me! Good luck and welcome to the board.

Curlygirl

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

My sister, brother, brother in law and nephews treat me as disassociated. They started that a year and a half ago. The pain is great, but it's not something I feel everyday anymore. I have fellowfeeling for you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit