I'm so angry/been crying for hours

by fullof??? 53 Replies latest members private

• Honesty
    Honesty

I hope your sister does not allow an evil book publishing empire to influence her to cause emotional abuse to her children or you. Crap like this has to be stopped.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

hugs..i know this is hard.

it makes me so mad to read jw material that says they dont break up families. they do and your story is yet more proof they do.

maybe she'll miss you so much that she will disregard their advice.

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

(((((( fullof))))))

There are many here who have been hurt by the treatment they have received from the JW Org. It is the hardest when it is an attack on your family. It amazes me to think that the logic of this treatment of you is that it will make you want to return to the arms of the Organization. Unkind and unfair treatment equals abuse in my book. I hope you can reach your sister with some point. the WT seems to be tightening their reins on everyone. Take a breath and gather your thoughts. It is hard not to be angry. this site is a good place to gather info--maybe some of it you can share with your sister--I hope so. Tell her you love her and the kids and you don't believe that a religion has the right to break that family bond. Real love in unconditional.

Much love to you,

cybs

• fullof???
    fullof???

The girls are 11 and 7 and are extremely close to me. I've always told my sister that I wouldn't interfere with any of their beliefs. In fact, I never bring up the subject out of respect for her.

I call the kids daily(she lives out of state) and I guessed I must have called over the house too many times while some of their "spiritual"friends were over. And she told me that their babysitter(who's a JW in their congregation) told her that all the kids talk about is "auntie this and auntie that". As if that was such a horrible person for being an involved aunt in helping my nieces with their schoolwork and telling them daily that I love them. I don't know what to do.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I'm so sorry... I have no idea what to say.

I just hope that you at least have the opportunity to call the girls and tell them that you love them and will miss them very much.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

I am so sorry at how you are being treated. I disassociated myself because I discovered what the WTS Org is really about, and have been treated this way too. *I* am being punished for the lies the WTS has spoken.

The only logic that you will find in all this, is that the WTS doesn't want the JWs to find out all the garbage it has spouted as "truth" over the years, nor does it want those who don't attend the KH any more to associate with those that DO---for the same reasons. They are afraid of the sheep learning all the twisted and unscriptural teachings that they say are "food from God" and tell the JWs never to read anything negative about the Org.

Anyone who has left is now treated like they are dead. The fact that Jesus taught love, mercy and forgiveness goes right over their heads, and the JWs are much more interested in pleasing the WTS than in pleasing God.

Welcome to the board.....you have plenty of company here with the same story. You will be able to learn how to try and cope with all of this from folks who have "been there".

Wishing you the best,

hugs,

Annie

• JH
    JH

What's the use of getting baptized when the outcome is always the same.

It's easy to see that the elders want to hurt you.

Where's the love???

• Ticker
    Ticker

Im also faded and treated the same as a disfellowshipped one. I never was guilty of wrongdoing I just chose to leave but thats how they treat us. If your not in with the group then they dont want nothing to do with you, its another tactic to control its members. It also serves to punish thoese who no longer go along with the org, if they cant attack you directly anymore they do it through family and friends. Its just another example of their twisted reasoning.

Ticker

• JW83
    JW83

Hi there, I was in the same situation with my parents (and non-Witness brothers!) I was just married with a new baby, & because I handed in a disassociation letter they were all of a sudden not supposed to talk to me. They were also spied on when they did! I went through 3 or 4 months of absolutely no contact and then a few months of minimal contact. All I can say is, don't give up on them. Don't go cold turkey. That's what the Witnesses want you to do. I wrote letters to all of my parent's non-Witness relatives, and my grandmother put a bit of pressure on my mum. It makes it that bit harder for them, & makes them realise how serious it all is. I was devastated, but now I can proudly say that not only are my parents talking to me again, they are no longer Witnesses! Good luck, take care & don't give up!

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

FULLOF???

Sorry for this time you are going thu -

As stated, there is nothing logical about this situation. I know it hurts deeply, and I can sympothize. We [wifey and I] left vountarily about a year+ back, after lifetimes in the organization. We have never even been 'charged' with any offense, but are completely shunned by the congregation that were our friends for 45 years.

This is the most hateful aspect of the witness religion, and hundreds of thousands have felt precisely what you are feeling now. May are on the boards here. I hope you will stick around and let us do what we can to be of comfort in this time of trouble.

Not much else to say -

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit