I'm so angry/been crying for hours

by fullof??? 53 Replies latest members private

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    our daughter did not give up on us as we did on her for a while,we looked for loopholes in all the publications,and came up empty.the reason was it is not scriptural

This hit a sour note with ME as I read this. How many years did I do the same thing......not only with the DF/DA issue, but with many things. Rather than going to the BIBLE, we were encouraged to sift through the WTS publications for answers........it really ticks me off to see how braindead and stupid I was.

We wouldn't FIND those "answers" in the bible, but the WTS crap was full of their own contrived advice, which we dutifully and obediently followed, thinking that we were pleasing God. ARRRRGH!

Annie

• sf
    sf

Well, it's no surprise given the fact that the new book out re: disassociation states that if you are, in fact, disassociated at your own will, that you are as good as disfellowshipped.

I'd talk to a tv or newspaper reporter in your area. And also email your story to other news organizations and talk magazines, such as Dateline.

I mean it is up to you ultimately if you decide to play along with WTBTS silly policies that they have no right or foundation to base them on.

Get active in fighting this. The world(ly) need to WITNESS the WTBTS insane policies that destroy families and foster hatred.

sKally

• wiegel
    wiegel
    she informed me that the elders had a meeting with her and told her that I'm way too involved in their lives

I am so sorry this is happening to you. I am in a very similar situation and it is horribly painful and "un-natural". I have decided that this word describes a lot of what the witnesses adhere to. They forsake their humanity and the "natural" love that exists between family members. Then they issue a command to whomever they like based on such things as the above quote. Did they talk to YOU?? Probably not. Did they talk to your nieces? Probably not. Just wait until all of these kids grow up and look back on what what imposed on them by this religion. The pain of losing contact with family is no less than a huge custody battle over infidelity to the borg. They are sick and they will reap their sowage.

Trudy

Hang in there and visit as you wish. It has been a major source of support for me. PM me if you like.

• adelmaal
    adelmaal
    Can anybody explin to me the logic in this so I can prove my sister wrong

It's not logical and you may be able to show her this by presenting some information in the following article: http://www.freeminds.org/psych/disfell.htm

It talks about how unloving it is and how the elders are abusing their power when it comes to people shunning family members...

I am sorry you are having to go through this. Personally, I would continue to call and write to the children. Make copies of the letters and record the times and days you call them. Maybe their seeing how you are being treated will help them to see how unloving this religion can be.

Once they are old enough they can personally decide whether or not to have a relationship with you and maybe you will be the one to help them out of the influence of this hateful religion. You can eventually give them copies of all the letters you sent to them so they know you loved them and wanted a relationship with them regardless...

• JW83
    JW83

Thanks Crumpet! I think it should give everyone hope, because I definitely did not think that it would work as well as it has! A year ago I was being partly shunned & thought I'd effectively lost my parents and brothers forever. Now my parents are active APOSTABUDDIES!!

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

check this out

http://www.jw-media.org/beliefs/beliefsfaq.htm

Do you shun former members?

Those who become inactive in the congregation, perhaps even drifting away from association with fellow believers, are not shunned. In fact, special effort is made to reach out to them and rekindle their spiritual interest. If, however, someone unrepentantly practices serious sins, such as drunkeness, stealing or adultery, he will be disfellowshipped and such an individual is avoided by former fellow-worshipers. Every effort is made to help wrongdoers. But if they are unrepentant, the congregation needs to be protected from their influence. The Bible clearly states: 'Remove the wicked man from among yourselves.' (1 Corinthians 5:13) Those who formally say they do not want to be part of the organization any more are also avoided. What of a man who is disfellowshipped but whose wife and children are still Jehovah's Witnesses? The spiritual ties he had with his family change, but blood ties remain. The marriage relationship and normal family affections and dealings can continue. As for disfellowshipped relatives not living in the same household, Jehovah's Witnesses apply the Bible's counsel: "Quit mixing with them." (1 Corinthians 5:11) Disfellowshipped individuals may continue to attend religious services and, if they wish, they may receive spiritual counsel from the elders with a view to their being restored. They are always welcome to return to the faith if they reject the improper course of conduct for which they were disfellowshipped.

• fairchild
    fairchild

Fullof, are you out there? I hope you are okay. let us know what's going on!

• Rod P
    Rod P

I am dropping a test message into this thread to see if it gets there. Two nights ago I prepared a 4-hour post and then submitted it. It just plain disappeared. So before I do this again, I just want to make sure it reaches this destination.

Rod P.

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

I too cried all day yesterday and today. Not over JW stuff but it just came out. I hate it.

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

((((Fullof???))) It's been 6 plus years since I was DF'd and divorced from my elder husband. I have three beautiful nephews whom I love deeply. However, my sister has taken the normal Dub stand and won't even send pictures of my nephews to me. It hurts, yes. But, the more you dwell on it, the more it will eat you alive. As has been pointed out already, there is no logic in the reasoning involved. So, step back, give it a rest and come here as often as you can to share your pain with this wonderful group. There is always hope for the future. You never know what may change in your sister's life. Meanwhile, enjoy OUR company.

Terri, waving hi to Alex, David and Joshua............Auntie's very proud of you guys!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit