Men who lie with men.....

by cindykp 188 Replies latest jw friends

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Truthseeker:

Rabbit,

Let me spell it out for you loud and clear

I am 100% sure that I am not homosexual, because everything is in good working order, including my mind.

Now stop straight bashing!

Seeker, Thanks for replying.

I am very much against *any* bashing for any sexual preference arguements. You will not get them from me.

Seeker

I am 100% sure that I am not homosexual, because everything is in good working order, including my mind.

#1 I am 100% sure that I am not homosexual...

OK...I will take your word for it -- you are 100% straight.

My question to you was ...HOW do you KNOW? Explain the details of HOW...please!

2# "everything is in good working order"

"Everything..?" .WHAT are you talking about ? Genitalia works? Functions ? You have the proper equipment? Good.

3# "including my mind."

Your MIND...is prepared properly somehow ? Good. Now could you describe what you mean by that.

Littletoe
    Rabbit,You already have my answer.
    I was intersted enough to do the tests...

Littletoe, thanks for your well thought out post, I need to go to that site myself.

Now if Chappy & Barney will come over so they can prove what they say is right, we'll have a little symposium going.

Rabbit

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Sunspot and Rabbit, my comments are adressed to both of you.

I am sorry you find my opinions offensive - but at least we are not resorting to name calling. Discussion and dialog is a good thing.

I'm sure if I met any of you in person, we would be cordial and polite.

It seems to me, that morals have shifted 360 degrees over the last few decades.

Jumping on the gay bandwagon is popular, and just about everyone seems to be doing it - woe for those few who dare to stand up for their beliefs regarding the Bible's standard on sexual morality!

Woe to those who dare express an opinion that is conservative!

While gays clamor and scream for their rights, they deny the same freedom of speech to those who do not agree with them. Consider the news item below, what happened when some Christians exercised their right to protest a convention for gays...

Pennsylvania Christians Face 47 Years in Prison for Reading Bible in Public

http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl_christians_arrested.htm

Philadelphia charges Christians with hate crimes, inciting a riot, and using a deadly weapon. Bill O'Reilly reported on the situation on Fox News Channel.

In the 27 years of this ministry, I have never witnessed a more outrageous miscarriage of justice than what is happening in Philadelphia. Four Christians are facing up to 47-years in prison and $90,000 in fines for preaching the Gospel on a public sidewalk, a right fully protected by the First Amendment.

On October 10, 2004, the four Christians were arrested in Philadelphia. They are part of Repent America. Along with founder Michael Marcavage, members of Repent America with police approval--were preaching near Outfest, a homosexual event, handing out Gospel literature and carrying banners with Biblical messages.

When they tried to speak, they were surrounded by a group of radical homosexual activists dubbed the Pink Angels. A videotape of the incident shows the Pink Angels interfering with the Christians' movement on the street, holding up large pink symbols of angels to cover up the Christians' messages and blowing high pitched whistles to drown out their preaching.

Rather than arrest the homosexual activists and allow the Christians to exercise their First Amendment rights, the Philadelphia police arrested and jailed the Christians! They were charged with eight crimes, including three felonies: possession of instruments of crime (a bullhorn), ethnic intimidation (saying that homosexuality is a sin), and inciting a riot (reading from the Bible some passages relating to homosexuality) despite the fact that no riot occurred.

It reminds me of the biblical account of Steven, when he was preaching to the Pharisees - what happened?

"At this they cried out at the top of their voice and put their hands over their ears" - Acts 7:57

At the end of the day, we have to agree to disagree on our various viewpoints. This forum is for lively discussion, and there is no way that everyone reading material on this board will be agreeing with what they read.

• trevor
    trevor

I have been reading this thread with interest. I stopped looking for answers in books a long time ago. That includes the Bible which is a contradictory book. The only truth is in reality. Nature shows us that homosexuality is permitted among animals. Either there is a creator who planned this or just allows it.

The risk of STD among Homosexuals is not a factor in deciding the issue. Cars kill people but we all continue to drive them, often on unnecessary trips for pleasure. We just take all possible precautions to ensure our safety.

I am against any group of people living their lives the way they want to and them condemning anyone who does not share their outlook. Like many here I was a prisoner in such an organization for a long time. There is a certain feeling of security to be found in an organization that makes all decisions for its members. To be surrounded by people who think the same, share the same goals, hopes and activities, can remove much of the uncertainty in life that many find threatening.

These straight mental corridors suit some people but to others they are too restrictive and become a prison. To be without freedom to be true to our feelings is not really living.

Before I am told - how about freedom to murder people or abuse children - let me add that that freedom between consenting adults rules out the abuse of others and becomes a personal matter.

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Seeker:

Sunspot and Rabbit, my comments are adressed to both of you.

I am sorry you find my opinions offensive - but at least we are not resorting to name calling. Discussion and dialog is a good thing.

I'm sure if I met any of you in person, we would be cordial and polite.

I do not feel as tho' you are being offensive to me. I am not gay, some gay people may have some problems, you'll have to ask them.

I will not be calling you names either. I would like to discuss your personal views, so I will get a better understanding of where and Why...you stand where you do. And just to add...whatever you feel comfortable with in your sexual preferences -- is fine! It is such a personal thing, imo, NO one should judge another adult on that. Bashing from any side is wrong.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So here again are your quotes. I would like to understand each of these answers, as you agreed...discussion & dialog is a good thing.

Seeker

#1 I am 100% sure that I am not homosexual...

OK...I will take your word for it -- you are 100% straight.

My question to you was ...HOW do you KNOW? Explain the details of HOW...please!

2# "everything is in good working order"

"Everything..?" .WHAT are you talking about ? Genitalia works? Functions ? You have the proper equipment? Good.

3# "including my mind."

Your MIND...is prepared properly somehow ? Good. Now could you describe what you mean by that.

Your Friend, Rabbit

• holly
    holly

This thread is so funny

My view on homosexuality is that it is wrong bec the bible says so. However, the bible says lots of things are wrong that people choose to do. Its up to an individual to make that choice. People have sex outside marriage. Is that a worse sin than homosexuality - i think not.

My ex husband is gay and lives with his partner. he said he always knew deep down he was gay. he saw a phyciatrist when he was five, who said he was effiminate. i went to school with him - he really was. he also has a gay brother, who said he knew from childhood he was gay, and one brother who isnt gay.

i have a friend who is a 'celibate' lesbian. she said she knew from childhood and she has never been attracted to men. she is a born again christian, and for the sake of her faith, leads a celibate life. she did go to a gay church for a short time - but decided they were just twisting scripture.

holly

• m0nk3y
    m0nk3y

Ugh, It's funny how given any little excuse homophobe str8's get, they want to tell us why we are wrong and why we are going to hell/die at armageddon blah blah. I mean enough already you think your right and yet we still have to live our own lives. You think your smarter than us .. well we aren't arguing with you, why would we waste our time ?

I have heard and read in this forum things like AIDS is a gay disease .. I have seen disgusting comments in places that it's god's plague on gays. I am getting that impression from a few posting in the thread as well. So I mean would it be fair for me to say that baby's that die of SIDS is gods way of punishing hetrosexuals ? I mean if you can't see how offensive your being by saying stuff like that then you really should turn your judgmental shite on yourself and see how well you stand up.

You people talk about Freedom of expression but if you had your way then gay freedom wouldn't exist .. could you be any more hypocritical ?

Narrow minded people usually die narrow minded people, unexposed to 'real life' only ever seeing what they want to see. Live your small life and we will live ours, but don't be surprised to get an earfull whenever you give us your stupid "christian" beliefs. *vomits*

Totally Disgusted

Josh

PS Makena1 may I see a larger version of your profile pic ?

• holly
    holly

Hey mOnk3y i wasnt gay bashing honestly. i just believe the bible thats all. im not married and live with my partner - i think im wrong doing that - bec the bible says so.

holly

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

holly:

im not married and live with my partner - i think im wrong doing that - bec the bible says so.

No it doesn't. As long as he paid your father the correct amount for your virginity, you're good to go.

• holly
    holly
    No it doesn't. As long as he paid your father the correct amount for your virginity, you're good to go.

Oh I see, better tell my father, dont think he realises hes owed money!!

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

Truthseeker, I can't make my mind up whether you were being ironic when you quoted that story from an urban legends website.

You didn't paste the analysis at the end of the story:

Comments: Allowing for the fact that this is a partisan call to action and not an objective account, it is broadly accurate.

Eleven members of the evangelical Christian group Repent America were arrested on October 10, 2004 during a confrontation with homosexual activists at Outfest, a gay pride block party held in Philadelphia. They were charged with misdemeanor counts of failure to disperse, obstruction of highway and disorderly conduct, as well as three felonies carrying a combined maximum penalty of 47 years: criminal conspiracy, inciting to riot and ethnic intimidation (a hate crime under Pennsylvania law). Charges against several of the protesters were later dropped.

Differing versions of events

Beyond those basic facts, however, there is a marked difference between the version of events offered up by Repent America and its supporters and that provided by the Philadelphia police. Whereas the text above describes the evangelical protesters as peaceably preaching the gospel and passing out fliers when police arrested them, city officials say the group was actually attempting to disrupt a stage performance by shouting anti-homosexual slogans and Bible passages through a bullhorn, which led to a raucous confrontation with the event's voluntary security force, the "Pink Angels." As an angry crowd surrounded them, the protesters repeatedly disobeyed a police order to relocate, at which point they were placed under arrest.

Pending a full airing of the evidence from both sides in court, it is difficult to say whose First Amendment rights ? if anyone's ? were actually violated in the fracas.

Since the organised event was a Gay Pride block party, I would be more interested if there is a story about a group of gay activists interrupting a fundamentalist church service.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit