Men who lie with men.....

by cindykp 188 Replies latest jw friends

• ValiantBoy
    ValiantBoy

Barney, Barney, Barney...you make so many good points, but you just don't know when to shut up.

I agree with you. You have the right to speak your mind, if for no other reason than to give a dissenting view. And your question about people claiming to believe the Bible and yet accepting homosexuality is a valid one. I do not have the answer fot that. The problem is that instead of coming across as someone who truly wants an answer or a balanced discussion, you seem to just want to keep stirring shit up. For me, it just makes this topic more interesting. Other people, though, find your statements offensive and belittling. So lighten up a bit man.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    Animals do not have a choice - they just do.

Humans have conscious awareness and can make decisions for themselves.

OH-

MY-

GAWD.

• Makena1
    Makena1

Barney - apologies for going a bit over the top in my post. This topic pushes some buttons for me (judging people, labeling people due to race, or sexual preference) so I tend to overreact!

you wrote:

Now see by telling me to keep it to myself you are violating my free will and speech -

Very true -It certainly is not my place to do that. However, I do think that speech that denigrates others - perhaps even to the point of motivating some to commit hate crimes is wrong.

Part of being an American is the RIGHT to VOICE your OPINION to OTHERS... I agree.

Prove what? You cannot prove anything...

My comment about sheep and STD's was laced with sarcasm. Can either of us definitely prove what we wrote?

NOTHING IS TRUE!!!! - Truth is relative and seems to change with time as more info becomes available.

ALL IS PERMISSIBLE...Perhaps - As long as it dosen't harm animals and small children.

And finally, I presumed that you were a bible thumper when it appeared to me that you were using the bible to condemn and label homosexuals. Sorry for jumping to a wrong conclusion.

Personally, I don't think the bible is a crock - but SOME of the people who claim to know and interpret are full of it!

Basically - my philosophy after 40 years in the borg is to live and let live. Some of the most helpful folks I encountered in my life, especially after a terrible family tragedy, ......are gay.

Peace,

Mak

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

... Free ... (they are)

• sixsixsixtynine
    sixsixsixtynine
    If you were brought up as a Christian with a belief in God and the Bible, then you know the answers to this issue.

Yeah, and the answer is: "God Hates Fags!".

But what does God Love? Genocide(big favorite of his), telling faithful servants to kill their only son just to see if they'll do it, slavery, two daughters getting their father drunk so that he'll have intercourse with them, polygamy(sometimes), and burnt offerings(mmmm......burnt).

But homosexuality like. totally grosses him out! It so goes against nature!

• glitter
    glitter

Barney.... If you don't like bumming, don't do it!

I know you haven't called specifically used the word queer but "He who shouts 'queer!' loudest... probably is."

Why do you care?

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Rabbit Quote [Duplicate Copy]

Barney, I don't know what to think about some of your questions. If you really don't understand...I am glad you asked. I USED to believe like you and Truth Seeker and even Chappy ! So it's a little hard for me to get really angry at you guys. Since I had a JW background...I know where my distrust and therefore my hatred of gay people came from, I was TAUGHT from the beginning what others said was right.

Know your enemy (gay?) and know yourself (hetero?): This BEGS a question from each of you...How sure are you...that you are heterosexual? Really...convince me with actual reasons...how and why you actually KNOW that you are NOT gay?

I am going to assume you just exhaled sharply and muttered ...WTF? "This stupid rabbit is doubting MY SEXUALITY ? HOW DARE HE !" Am I right ? Or maybe a little close...?

Barney, Truth Seeker & Chappy,

In case you somehow missed my questions, which I am being very serious about...I have highlighted them in yellow above. Barney, I was raised a Christian to believe in Gawd and the Bible, you brought this up to discuss it, so, lets discuss.

I'll wait right here for each of you to answer, I truly want to learn, so teach me.

Still here... left the light on...

Rabbit

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

This also brings up the age old question of being civil in someone else's home.

There are groundrules on this site. By participating, you agree to post by them, regardless of what your "American" rights might be in the real world (if, indeed you live in the real world, half the time )

Further, this site is owned and sited in England, where the USA constitution does not reach.
    If you have a problem with that, get in line for a British Citizenship, and vote at our forthcoming election...

Rabbit:You already have my answer.
    I was intersted enough to do the tests...

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Rabbit

Let me spell it out for you loud and clear

I am 100% sure that I am not homosexual, because everything is in good working order, including my mind.

Now stop straight bashing!

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

## Rabbit

Obviously, I am not Rabbit, but I find your views a bit offensive---okay, a LOT offensive. There is a way to politely disagree when people's lifestyles don't mirror your own, but I feel that you've taken this way over the top.

## Let me spell it out for you loud and clear

You admittedly already have.

## I am 100% sure that I am not homosexual, because everything is in good working order, including my mind.

"Good working order"? The inference being that because your genitals are in good working order, that you are not homosexual? Since you added your "mind" secondly, what else could you have meant?

I daresay that I could debate how your "mind" works as well, by the insensitive and terribly biased views you have exhibited. When I left the WTS in the dust, I began to learn so much more about FELLOW HUMAN BEINGS than I ever had before, and the uptight WTS opinions also began to be replaced with human empathy and seeing people AS people who have a lot to offer---not a Gay or Straight, or Catholic, or Jew, etc. You ought to try it sometime. It will make you a MUCH kinder and more compassionate person.

## Now stop straight bashing!

WHO is doing this? *I'm* "straight" and I'm not feeling bashed. What I *do* feel is someone that has locked himself into a little corner of his mind and can only think within those tiny parameters---to the exclusion of opening your heart and mind to knowing some great people that would enrich your life.

I actually feel sorry for you, as it is *your* loss.

Annie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit