WHY are you here ? (on the board)

by frenchbabyface 74 Replies latest jw friends

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

There is no (real) comfort in sharing the depth of your emotions with others who have not lived through seeing their core beliefs dissolve before their eyes.

As well-meaning as folks around us are, new nonJW friends we have made, when we try and tell them about the WTS---there IS no comparison and true understanding of what we've experienced at the hands of the WTS.

This board is THE BEST place to find that "certain something" that we just can't find anywhere else.

I love the diversity of the posters and the topics here, and I can't pull myself away from here some days!

hugs to ALL,

Annie

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

I first came here by way of search for JW's last August because I was having bizaar dreams of sneeking back into the org, going out in service without going door-to-door, and basically becoming a JW without being caught.

I found answers here that I had wondered about, i.e. what happened after the big A failed to materialize in 1975, and just how they were going to get around the 1914 generation. Geez what idiots! To try and shove that pablum down the throats of the faithful and call it filet minon. I call it New Flash Light - here today, dead batteries tomorrow!

I stick around because I've grown accustomed to your... avitars! I've found friends here of like-minds who have helped me to grow in my own thinking. People that I can joke and tease with. And people and cyats that just plain make me smile.

I'm more-or-less housebound, a people person, so this is much of my outlet. Thanx, gang!

Hugs

Bren

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

BrummieCyat, the only real annoying thing I've seen you do is to suggest changing your avitar! (and for a silly reason at that)

Now, about the sex: didn't your people have you fixed?

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

frencybabyface - excellent topic, thank you!

• The JellyBaby
    The JellyBaby

Like most, I spend more time reading posts and topics, particularly from a while back, than I do posting. There is such a wealth of information I find useful. Particularly in times when I like to 'defend' my decisions and actions, not that it is any real business of the JW's I used to mix with. As you all know, they are sooooo good at reasoning and justifying things, so It is great to hit them with a few 'food for thought' arguments.

To also know that the things I went through, and things I saw happen are not isolated, they happen on a global scale, as evident from all the postings....So we cannot ALL be wrong!? ( many will argue that though)

Thanks to you all!!

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Brummie i have to admit...i am here for the same reasons only i didnt realise it...what fun place this is.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

It's important to me to remember where I came from and that there are a lot of people out there who have been through the same thing. Some have been 'out' for decades and others are just starting to explore their doubts and begin the long and sometimes painful process of leaving.

I really wish this board had been here in '93!

Jean

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

Well jeanniebeanz, I was hoping to "find" people like you here, and lo, I have!

This place is lots of fun! And of course our common bond is very important here; and here we can keep up to date on what's happening in the org.

• franklin J
    franklin J

good question.

I think because I have been out of the JWs for 20 odd years and built an entire new life ; friends and family for myself. I do not lack for acceptance or the belonging to a community.

Interaction on this forum is the only contact I have EVER had with other X jws. There is a certain "camaraderie" here that I do not have with other relationships. We have SO MUCH in common. It is sort of like we are an alumni to a certain High School.....

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I'm here cuz it just tickles me pink (quite a stretch nice i'm a nice mocha brown) that there are all these xjws out there just living life and doing good and debunking the crap that the society says about US!.

HooYaa!!

Josie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit