WHY are you here ? (on the board)

by frenchbabyface 74 Replies latest jw friends

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Ok ... to me it's not totally related to JW life actually, I'm here because I'm used now to chat with people (you know like you go into a cafe and share wathever you want with whoever as this Board is very rich and full for immediat interaction), support them, get some support ... I just like that ... also of course it's very interesting at the same time to follow some news and get information that I might spit back to my familly in time to wake them up ...

what about you ?

• under74
    under74

Well, I'm here after evaluating myself and realizing I wasn't over the way I was raised. I didn't talk about being raised a JW with anyone outside my family. Anyway, it was good to finally be able to speak to others who had gone through the same thing. And I don't mind a fluff thread either.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

This place is good for therapy even if you get into arguements. Test ideas see what other have to add,, get some collective wisdom from everyone here.

I think this place is the WT worst nite mare come true. The way the topics keep comming with very good posters many of whom know how to explain things simply,,clearly it has to be deprogaming many Jdub lurkers.

As the WT keeps telling every one to keep in expectation of the end so close at hand,,It is evident a lot of the JWs don't take the WT that seriously anymore (cried wolf too many times),, They have fallen somewhat in the eyes of the r&f and will never get up,,,I see just shame in the future for the GB,, for being such self serving liars. And I think by all who post here are providing the nessarry information in just the right format to help these lurkers,. Very powerful very effective. Bye Botchtower!!!!!

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

at first it was all jw related and fading related, but now, I just like it here. It is a fun board to read, and I have met some great people in person because of the board.

• Peppermint
    Peppermint

I am a private person in my day-to-day life. I find it hard to express myself emotionally. Coming out of an organization like Jehovah?s Witnesses requires a lot of discussion and analysis. I find this hard.

To me, this board gives me the ability to go through the process in my own time and at my own pace.

Like most people I lurked for ages before posting. This period was the most profound for me. I remember many times being at work and reading posts that would make me so chocked up with emotion I could hardly function. Working in a retail environment this was not so good.

• mtbatoon
    mtbatoon

Ditto to 74's comment. Brought up in a society that I couldn't live in and taught from birth that anything outside that society was evil leaves a narrow band of people that understand without explanation. I have laughed so much in the last 4 days reading some of the posts, got angry and got sad too.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Im on here for all the above reasons i suppose; its difficult to tell people who havent experienced life as a JW what you are feeling and this board provides a useful (no pun intended) sounding board for ideas and thoughts about our past life.

I also like to have a break out time in the office where i can just think and read...this board is useful for that too.

G

• alias
    alias

I'm a sponge.

alias

• alias
    alias

...and I want to meet my quota of 300 posts by 2010.

alias

• clementine
    clementine

that's just the same... I'm here because I want (need also I think) to talk about JW and as Diamondblue74 said it, it's hard to talk about that with people who have never experienced that and who don't understand you...

and I'm here because I feel at ease here!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit