TODAYS TALKS WAS BORING AS HELL..........

by Mary 59 Replies latest jw friends

• Jez
    Jez
    I escaped after the first meeting and met the stares of several good christians wanting to know why I was leaving half way through......I told the asshole elder who followed me outside: " I'VE GOT MY PERIOD!!"

I don't know why everyone here is applauding Mary, I for one, won't. This kind of rudeness was uncalled for and I feel bad for the elder. At least he went out after her to make sure she was alright. He is only human after all, and you obviously did not even give him a chance to say what he wanted or what his intentions were, and you tell me what guy wouldn't turn red after some women screams at him "I'VE GOT MY PERIOD" What did you accomplish? Why even go to a meeting if you are this angry?

I will applaud you however for a great example of crude remarks that do nothing but embarrass and stupify a fellow human being. Why not take the opportunity to educate him about the real reason that you left?

Jez

• Mary
    Mary
    Jez said: I don't know why everyone here is applauding Mary, I for one, won't. This kind of rudeness was uncalled for and I feel bad for the elder. At least he went out after her to make sure she was alright. He is only human after all, and you obviously did not even give him a chance to say what he wanted or what his intentions were

Gimme a break Jez.........this elder did NOT come out after me to "make sure" I was alright; it was done to try and intimidate me and to make me feel guilty for leaving half way through the meeting. How do I know this? Because they've been doing it for the last 3 or 4 years, at least at my Hall, and they are not motivated out of concern. I know this guy's wife and she told me about a year ago that it was her hubby's idea to have a brother sitting at the back of the Hall by the door on Sundays and Thursdays so that people will "think twice about leaving half way through" by sheer intimidation. And guess what? That's exactly what they do. I've seen 2 and 3 elders all merge at the back right where the doors are during the intermission song, making it harder to leave. This ain't no coincidence---it's done to intimidate pure and simple.

Anyone leaves after the first meeting and boom; the brother follows them out to "see what the problem is." One sister with 3 kids left half way through a few months ago because her one kid needed to get some homework done for school the next day. When she told the elder who followed her outside why she was leaving half way through, he had the balls to tell her that she "needs" to make sure that if her children had homework on a meeting night, that it should somehow, miraculously be done beforehand, so that she doesn't "miss out on the spiritual food" found at the King-dumb Hall. She was so hurt and so upset (after all, she had made the attempt to come to the meeting that night with 3 small kids) that she goes even less now.....that's the kind of shit you get as a reward for trying.

FYI, the elder that did this to her is the same idiot that came out after me, so I got no qualms whatsoever about what I said to him. He's an arrogant, chauvenistic, modern day Pharisee who's caused A LOT of problems for people in the Hall, deleting elders who disagree with anything he says, brow-beating "weak" ones.......the guy's a slimeball.

So please don't try judging me for something you know nothing about----the guy's a prick and I'm glad I did embarrass him.

• upside/down
    upside/down

Again I say, "Why doesn't someone kick these guys asses?"

How do they get away with this? I told guys who've gotten in my face to back off and stay the hell away.

More disgruntled Dubs need to assert themselves. You will be left alone- guaranteed!

u/d

• willyloman
    willyloman
    He's an arrogant, chauvenistic, modern day Pharisee who's caused A LOT of problems for people in the Hall, deleting elders who disagree with anything he says, brow-beating "weak" ones.......the guy's a slimeball.

Hey, I know him!

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Ummm........Jez's post WAS a joke to rattle your chain.......wasn't it?

Annie................who also LOLed when I read the first post

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

The public talk at the hall I attend was very boring as well this past Sunday, and the Watchtower study was even worse!

Such a waste of my precious time, but I hadn't gone in a while so I need to attend for public relations purposes.

DY

• wednesday
    wednesday

My last meeting was the memorial of 2002. I had just had surgery and badly needed to just sit down. I got up for a moment to go to the ladies and a sister came and stood in front of my seat so she could "vist" with the person sitting next to me. She talked for some time, while I just had to stand by the wall and wait for her to stop running her mouth. I guess there is a God however, a elders wife saw it all and apoligized for her.

• upside/down
    upside/down
    He's an arrogant, chauvenistic, modern day Pharisee who's caused A LOT of problems for people in the Hall, deleting elders who disagree with anything he says, brow-beating "weak" ones.......the guy's a slimeball.
    Hey, I know him!
    I almost think he's under qualified from my experience- Definitely "not evil enough" (Dr. Evil) for my taste... mwahahah!
  • jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    I've seen 2 and 3 elders all merge at the back right where the doors are during the intermission song, making it harder to leave. This ain't no coincidence---it's done to intimidate pure and simple.

Were you in my congregation?! I remember them doing this too. I've even had the 'brothers' try to stop me from leaving and then follow me to my car to discuss 'issues'.

I remember telling one brother that I did not want to talk about it, and he would not go away and followed me to the car where I needed to feed my daughter in private. I ended up whipping the boobie out in front of him with little effort to be discreet, and fed my baby while he turned purple and stammered a few unintelligible lines and staggered back to the hall pretty well blinded.

The nerve. I was only 19 years old and embarrassed about breast-feeding my first child enough as it was, let alone having to justify my leaving the hall to do so. He couldn't look me in the eye for months after that. Jerk.

Jean

• Jez
    Jez

Mary: Reread your initial post, there is no background information that you provided in the above post. The first post reads like, you left, some elder followed you, you turned on him.

You post such a story, and I replied. Some of it was tongue in cheek, but for the most part, it is how I feel. Expect all kinds of replies. I certainly don't judge YOU as a person. I don't even know you!!!!

Jez

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit