TODAYS TALKS WAS BORING AS HELL..........

by Mary 59 Replies latest jw friends

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Mary, I've said it before and I'll say it again. You make me laugh.

Can you next Sunday too and tell us about it?

• Honesty
    Honesty

When hearing the good reports about the 'upbuilding' meetings and the fruitage it produces it makes me wonder how I ever believed any of that blasphemous crap. What really gets me is the instructions in the WT of how you may show genuine concern for others in the cong that are coping with various emotional or physical problems by reinforcing your love for them and inviting them out for a wonderful afternoon in sharing the Kingdom message. Where is the Christian love that Jesus showed individuals? It just is not in their hearts because they don't have any concept of Jesus and the compassion and love He has.

• jazbug
    jazbug

Aren't all the talks "boring as hell" once you are away from it????????????

jazbug

• snakeizz
    snakeizz
    "Aren't all the talks boring as hell when you're away from them for a while"?

I thought that it was a requirement for them to be boring!! They are ALWAYS boring. I went to visit two years ago to the Memorial and to the meeting. Once my aunt kept calling me the prodigcal son, I knew I was through for good!!!! He came back for the well being of himself, I left for the well being of myself!!!!

• TheEdge
    TheEdge
    I escaped after the first meeting and met the stares of several good christians wanting to know why I was leaving half way through

Those were stares of envy - trust me!!

• squinks
    squinks

OMG, this is bringing back so many memories, I feel like I'm gonna barf! Mary you are a riot and so right.

And dear Kitties, that sounds so very typical that it doesn't even surprise me, maybe that's why I feel like ralphing!

Reminds me of a "sheparding call" I received many years ago. I was in the process of a divorce from my cheatin elder husband, I had a boatload o kids and no way to care for them, etc. . . I was about ready for the old fetal position myself. I went on 3 day crying jags myself, seriously can you imagine crying for 3 days, dehydration.

The elders that came over were Brother Overbearing and Brother Scared of his Own Shit, as I recall. Brother Overbearing began screaming at me because I was faltering while Brother Scared of his Own Shit sat there with his eyes bugging out. I started sobbing and ran out of My Own House.

And so dear kitties you have company, I am so sorry for what you have been through. Hugs. Speaking of meds, I want to get off the Paxil but the shit is so addictive I can't, well thank god it's non-habit forming like my Doctor said!!!!

• Mary
    Mary
    Sister, I have to say that your attitude toward 'those in authority over you' may need adjusting. Regardless of whatever punctuation symbols you may be currently having, you should never refer to an elder as a "dickhead" or a "dumb asshole."

You're right. I shud've referred to him as "penis-head" or "a dumb-as-a-post-donkey."

Confusedj asked: Can you next Sunday too and tell us about it?

Depends on how drunk I get!

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Mary,

Let me tell ya dear. You rock!

You are one funny lady. Thanks for going & telling us how it was, despite the BS

Dismembered

• simplesally
    simplesally

Last meeting was the Memorial 2002. I was done with it after that.....oh the fakeness of it all.

• willyloman
    willyloman

Two comments on this thread:

1. I hope the posters on this forum who recently started topics along the lines of "I'm thinking of going back to the KH" read these experiences and reflect on the cold, insensitive, business-like manner of the alleged "glorious ones" chosen by God to lead his sheep. These are not isolated incidents, I can assure you, and they expose the WTS for what it is.

2. I had to laugh at:

I'm having my period! ...no matter how much they teach them in elder school, I'll bet that's one subject they don't bother training them for!
    This is true

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit