TODAYS TALKS WAS BORING AS HELL..........

by Mary 59 Replies latest jw friends

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

My last meeting was Aug. 15, 1996 (not including the JW funeral I attended in 2000)

Mathew 28:19 20 "Go therefore and piss everyone off selling Btochtower and Asleep magazines to all the inhabitents of the earth. An' look: I am with you every frigging Saturday morning till the government bans your sorry asses."

I remember that scripture. I also remember "All scripture is inspired of god and beneficial for teaching, eating, drinking, watching movies that aren't rated R, listening to music which doesn't have the name "Guns N Roses", keeping yourself free from playing with your wiener, not having a beard, and avoiding blood intake in any way, shape, or form."

• Tigerman
    Tigerman

" I believe the correct term is ' misled, miscreant, moron' but I would have to . . . ."

Let's just call 'em M&M&M's.

• steve2
    steve2

April 1982, a few weeks after the Time magazine article on Raymond Franz.

When I walked out that door, I knew I would never be back. The boredom was the least of it. I found the smugness, complacency and the self-serving bias far, far more life-sapping than the boredom. Boredom I can take; you get a rest. The other stuff was gut churning.

Reading your synopsis reminds me how little has changed.

• prophecor
    prophecor

A Memorial Celebration at least 8 years ago, was the last time I ever stepped into a Kingdom Hall. I'll probably never enter another one ever again.

• kitties_and_horses_oh_my!
    kitties_and_horses_oh_my!
    I told the asshole elder who followed me outside: " I'VE GOT MY PERIOD!!" (which I didn't......heh-heh-heh) so the dickhead turned beat red and didn't question me further. Dumb asshole.

I don't know why this reminded me of the following, but here's my fave memory of a loving elder:

I'd just been released from the local psychiatric in-patient unit after a voluntary, 3-day committment. Not a fun thing, let me tell you. But being a lovely JW I was sufficiently f(*& and miserable, you know the story. (By the way, I've been off all my psych meds for almost 6 months now. ) My husband wasn't there with me at the Wednesday night meeting (I'd been released two days prior) as he was barely able to cope with his wife having been in a psych unit. But I was going to be the brave little girl and do what Jehober wanted, no matter how I felt.

I got to the meeting - and, oh, I almost forgot this point! - no one had known I was in the hospital, except for one elder and his wife. Funny how when I got to the meeting everybody had found out this "confidential" info...hmm...

So towards the end I'm freaking out, stressed, massive anxiety. I go in the back school and close the door. It's dark and I curl up on the floor by the cabinets. No, not one of my proudest moments - I was maybe 20, 21 and very depressed, bad time in my life.

After the meeting is over I'm still in the fetal position, in the dark, on the floor. The PO walks in, turns on the light, looks at me and says "what are you doing in here? We need this room for an elders' meeting in five minutes." Then he walked out.

Ah, feel the love!

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    After the meeting is over I'm still in the fetal position, in the dark, on the floor. The PO walks in, turns on the light, looks at me and says "what are you doing in here? We need this room for an elders' meeting in five minutes." Then he walked out.

(((((Kitties)))))

Oh what a terrible, unforgivable thing to do! Not even to bend down and talk to you to see how he might be of help---or anything. REAL Christ-like behavior, huh?Unbelievable!

I felt so awful when I read this. I've been at that point where you hurt SO MUCH inside that you can't TAKE anything else into your head to deal with. I remember just "zoning out" and shutting down to everything that was going on around me.

I'm so glad that it's all behind you now.

hugs,

Annie

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

....tongue in cheek......

Well damnit sister what did you think.

Taking care of WT business always comes before caring for the needs of any one member of the flock.......save a CO or DO.

• steve2
    steve2

Hey kitties - I appreciate your sharing this memory: Kind of sad and the elder's complete lack of empathy underscores how ill-equipped these inept men are to handle emotional vulnerability (their own included, no doubt).

Good on you for rising above the characteristic callousness. I honestly believe that, if I had not left the JWs when I did, I would have killed myself. What an indictment on a group of people who trumpet so loudly their having the Christian hallmark fruitage of love!

Leaving can be painful...but I slot that pain under growing pains... necessary for making one's way through life. Ah, growing up and taking charge of one's life is so worth it!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

The talk at our hall was OK - then after the WT studdy was not too bad -I even commented!!!! But I did not go in service after -that would have been too much

• Scully
    Scully

bwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahaaaaaaa!

Mary, that was b-e-a-utiful! One thing Elders? never seem capable to cope with is female plumbing issues. That was one of my favorite lines too, near the end of our days as meeting attenders. Except once I asked Brother Nosy Parker whether he happened to have a tampon in his suit pocket to help me get through this emergency.... the boy looked like he was going to faint!

Love, Scully

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit