TODAYS TALKS WAS BORING AS HELL..........

by Mary 59 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary

I actually went to the meeting this morning (okay, sumeone talked me into going)...........God it was boring.......something about Jesus and the kingdom and frigging Deuteronomy and Hebrews and Jeremiah-was-a-bullfrog...........and then they talked about Old Faithful: Mathew 28:19 20 "Go therefore and piss everyone off selling Btochtower and Asleep magazines to all the inhabitents of the earth. An' look: I am with you every frigging Saturday morning till the government bans your sorry asses."

I escaped after the first meeting and met the stares of several good christians wanting to know why I was leaving half way through......I told the asshole elder who followed me outside: " I'VE GOT MY PERIOD!!" (which I didn't......heh-heh-heh) so the dickhead turned beat red and didn't question me further. Dumb asshole. Ya, no matter how much they teach them in elder school, I'll bet that's one subject they don't bother training them for!! LMAO!!

When was the last time anyone here went to a meeting?

• JH
    JH

Last meeting I went to was the memorial last year and 3 or 4 meetings after that. Then I faded away for the 387869657499 time.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Mary,

I SO enjoyed your synopsis of today's talk; bullfrog and all. Hahaha!

My last meeting was the memorial in 1999.

Annie

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront
    I actually went to the meeting this morning (okay, sumeone talked me into going)...........God it was boring.......something about Jesus and the kingdom and frigging Deuteronomy and Hebrews and Jeremiah-was-a-bullfrog...........and then they talked about Old Faithful: Mathew 28:19 20 "Go therefore and piss everyone off selling Btochtower and Asleep magazines to all the inhabitents of the earth. An' look: I am with you every frigging Saturday morning till the government bans your sorry asses."

ROFL

That was truly funny. Be assured that your sacrifice of putting yourself though that nonsense and reminding us all of the stupidity of it has not gone unnoticed. You'd think if they'd heard that for the 9847463393033877th time, that they would've got it by now. Repition for emphasis is one thing but daaaaannnnnnnnggggggg!!!!!!

When was the last time anyone here went to a meeting?

Last meeting I went to was the Saturday session of last years a$$embly in College Station. I say a$$ because I must've been one to think I'd be able to stand being there. Damn.....what a snorefest that was. Started taking notes just to keep awake. The time before that.....their so-called memorial sell-abration.

Not sure if I'll be accompanying my wife to the "pass the wine and crusty bread" ceremony this year. She hasn't asked yet.

• sf
    sf

"Go therefore and piss everyone off selling Btochtower and Asleep magazines to all the inhabitents of the earth. An' look: I am with you every frigging Saturday morning till the government bans your sorry asses."

Mary, you are hysterical. I laughed outloud so loud, my dog came barking at me to see what was all the excitement.

By the way, I love your posts.

sKally

• Heatmiser
    Heatmiser

early 1992

• sf
    sf

Incidently, the last time I went anywhere near a jw meeting was years before I read Rays book, (thusly becoming a true, dedicated evil, nasty apostate). I attended an assembly at the assembly hall where I was baptized.

Had I known then what I know now, I most likely would have not gone. I was in an altered state of mind after reading CofC. I'm a bit better now. LOLOLOL (right cyg?)

sKally

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    I told the asshole elder who followed me outside: " I'VE GOT MY PERIOD!!" (which I didn't......heh-heh-heh) so the dickhead turned beat red and didn't question me further. Dumb asshole.

Sister, I have to say that your attitude toward 'those in authority over you' may need adjusting. Regardless of whatever punctuation symbols you may be currently having, you should never refer to an elder as a "dickhead" or a "dumb asshole."

I believe the correct term is "misled miscreant moron", but I'd have to check the OM book to be sure.

Agape,

Dave

• carefully faded
    carefully faded

OMG Mary, you are too funny! Had me laughing out loud also!

My last regular meeting was almost 4 years ago - but i've been to every memorial since then to placate (spelled right?) the family.

- CF

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

I'm surprised they didn't send a 'mature' elderette to buy you a box of tampons and some Midol... LOL

Loved your summary of this morning?s 'spiritual feast'.

Jean

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit