TODAYS TALKS WAS BORING AS HELL..........

by Mary 59 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary
    Reread your initial post, there is no background information that you provided in the above post. The first post reads like, you left, some elder followed you, you turned on him.

Jez, as a former Witness, you should know what these guys are like and I shouldn't have to write out every little detail---it's common knowledge. They rule the congregations not through concern, but through intimidation.

You post such a story, and I replied. Some of it was tongue in cheek, but for the most part, it is how I feel. Expect all kinds of replies. I certainly don't judge YOU as a person. I don't even know you!!!!

Well the post you did telling me how "rude" and "crude" I was sounded pretty judgemental.

• heathen
    heathen

The last meeting I attended was a sunday one a couple of years ago . I left after the intermission song and all the people started singing and sounded like they were clubbing baby seals or something . I talked some elders and a CO . The minute I heard the words " you must be submissive", I realized how stupid that sounded , how can somebody be submissive to people who call themselves the slave class ? I started by arguing with the CO about baptismal qualifications and tore him a new one on that . I guess I just love to show up for them to mark me as bad association . LMAO

The last memorial I attended was probly the lamest event I ever attended . The talk was all about how the bread and wine was so holy that only those associated with the WTBTS in 1935 should even think about partaking and they do craftily leave out the parts on how the apostle Paul instructed people to observe the occasion and that only those prepared to participate need to gather for it . They started passing it around and looking like complete morons afraid to spill a drop or a piece of bread so I got up and left . What a friggen joke .........

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

The last meeting I attended was a Thursday one last summer. I went to show support to a friend who was being DF'd. We left after the announcement. People are still talking about it. LOL! Before that I had not been in years.

• kaykay_mp
    kaykay_mp

I...can't...stop...laughing!

laters

kaykay_mp

• Jez
    Jez

I don't care how you take it, I don't even know you, I am not going to judge you, but stop whining about it already or I WILL!

As for the ol' "I should know, I was a JW" well, there were many loving elders in my old KH. I truly loved them and felt loved by them. THEY were not corrupt, the system they belonged to was, when push came to shove, they HAD to follow the rules laid out before them and ignore their natural inclinations. Of course there were a few elders that were exactly what you described, but I was never, nor did I see any elder chase down anyone that left the hall and demand a reason why.

I do remember though how some of the old elders would view children, I use to be TAPPED by this one elder during a song or a prayer if my baby even squeeked. It was hard enough to be there with 2 little ones on my own and then have him completely shatter me. I left this one time, when downstairs and he followed! Brought me to tears with his words of how undisciplined my children were, how it is obvious that there is no head of the house, what utter little brats they were. I went to the body of elders about him, but they made excuses that he had been sick lately.

Jez

• Mary
    Mary
    I do remember though how some of the old elders would view children, I use to be TAPPED by this one elder during a song or a prayer if my baby even squeeked. It was hard enough to be there with 2 little ones on my own and then have him completely shatter me.

This raises another point that's long overdue. If they insist that people bring their babies and small children to two hours of boring lectures, then why the hell don't they have Sunday School for the kids?? Responsible sisters could take turns looking after babies and the older children could learn simple stories, colour in bible colouring books, build a small scale of Noah's Ark.......anything! But no, let's make people bring their kids and then tell them off when the kids misbehave. After all, why can't a 2 year old sit quietly for 2 hours and listen about Nebuchadnezzar and the Seven Times?

I left this one time, when downstairs and he followed! Brought me to tears with his words of how undisciplined my children were, how it is obvious that there is no head of the house, what utter little brats they were.

What a slimeball.......of course, given my nature, I would have told him to piss off, but that's me..........can you feel the love??!!

• heathen
    heathen

I agree 100% Mary . The congregation book study is no place to be beating the hell out of youngsters just because they don't understand . This is one sick religion . I mean jeeeeeeeeezuuuussss H caaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiistttttttttttttttttttt wake up you miserable wannabes . They actually encourage these people to abuse their children and condone violence in the church when it comes to discipline .

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

That's another reason why I would never take my kids to a kingdom hall. I have 4 kids from the age of 10 to 18 months, my hubby doesnt go to any sort of religious service so when I go to church it's just me and the kids and I thank god that the church I go to has rooms and classes and things for my kids to do. I would drive me batty to try and sit quietly with 4 young childern and lord help any person who would dare to chastise me for my kids acting normal.

Josie

• steve2
    steve2
    I want to get off the Paxil but the shit is so addictive I can't, well thank god it's non-habit forming like my Doctor said!!!!

Yes, coming off Paxil (Paroxetine) is difficult. But it can be done with assistance from your doctor who should recommend you gradually reduce the dose over several weeks. Even if you come off "cold turkey" (something I would not recommend), the "discontinuation effects" resolve over weeks; although for some people who have been on it for several months or years, this may take longer. I'm glad to hear you've been taking the medication in consultation with your doctor.

• steve2
    steve2
    He's an arrogant, chauvenistic, modern day Pharisee who's caused A LOT of problems for people in the Hall, deleting elders who disagree with anything he says, brow-beating "weak" ones.......the guy's a slimeball.
    Hey, I know him!

So do I. This is spooky. I think we have several copies of this specific elder-edition in New Zealand alone.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit