Bill Bowen on VH-1 discussing jw sex abuse!! (MichaelJackson biography)

by sf 66 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• wednesday
    wednesday

guess I'll have to catch it on a rerun.

• carefully faded
    carefully faded

I only caught the last 10 minutes, but, VH1 will be showing it again (Pacific Standard Time):

• 1/29 9:00 pm
    • 1/30 1:00 am
    • 1/30 5:00 pm
    • 1/31 1:30 am
    • 1/31 11:00 am
    • 1/31 8:30 pm
    • 2/3 7:30 pm

If you want to Tivo it, the title is Michael Jackson's Secret Childhood.

- CF

• sf
  • hubert
    hubert

CF...Are those Eastern times?

• carefully faded
    carefully faded

sorry, those are PST (western time).

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I haven't seen this, but you might look at the editing to see if perhaps Bill's words where part of a larger, more detailed explanation that got chopped up wrong.

• avishai
    avishai
    He said a person could be disfellowshipped for dating, if they aren't interested in getting married, and that a phone call is a date. Those are both new concepts to me.

Stranger things have happened. One of my best friends was talking to another JW girl on the phone. Well, the elders were "sure" that something was going on. He would'nt admit it, so they df'd him. Nothing was going on.

I've seen this happen more than once in halls where they just did'nt like a young guy and were trying there best to find a way to get rid of him. Not in the right clique, etc. And pulled this kind of shit.

I personally had the hell beaten out of me by my grandmother for talking on the phone with a girl i met at a convention. Normal teenage stuff, I think your cute, etc. She accused me of trying to meet her for fornication, inciting fleshly desires, etc., said I should be DF'd. All for talking on the phone with a girl i met once.

You can't convey exactly how the JW religion works to outsiders in 30 sec. soundbites. You need hours. It may be slightly off but convey's what goes on.

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

sadly the media does tend to twist things up by the way they edit the conversations. I actually knew somebody who was on 60 minutes at one time. They cut up his conversation and pieced it together in a way that did not represent the truth of the matter. So possibly this was done with Bill Bowen's story and he did say something before or after some of his statements to clarify them.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

The fact that the issues have been raised on such a widely seen program is really good news! I hope that it helps other victims have the courage to come forward with their own experiences.

Jean

• Neo
    Neo

THIS IS HUGE!!

alt

Michael Jackson's secret childhood

Michael Jackson's life is on the line in front a California judge. But no matter the outcome of his trial on child molestation charges, the gap between how the world views Michael and how he sees himself has never been wider. In this special, VH1 News explains how the beloved child entertainer became such a bizarre public figure.

The answers lie in Michael Jackson's Secret Childhood. VH1 News has examined the singer's upbringing and found a life filled with abuse, hard labor, relentless ambition, and conflict between his religious upbringing and growing fame. Beginning with Jackson's birth in 1958 to the record-breaking success of his Thriller album in 1984, the special delves deep into Jackson's past, such as the mental and physical abuse he endured from his father, Joe Jackson (e.g., incessant rehearsals, whippings, calling Michael "big nose"); Joe exorcised his frustrations over his own failed musical career by exploiting his musically gifted children - especially Michael - by forcing them to perform in seedy bars and strip joints from Indiana to Ohio. At the same time, the proselytizing of his mother Katherine - a devout Jehovah's Witness - confused Michael about singing, sex and family secrets.

This show opens the doors to the Jackson family homes in Gary, Indiana and Encino, CA, to uncover bizarre, never-before-seen home movies of Michael dancing with Emmanuel Lewis and cavorting with Snow White and the Seven Dwarves. In exclusive interviews, viewers are introduced to Michael's first "little friend" the child actor Rodney Allen Rippey. Other interviews include former CBS Records music mogul Walter Yetnikoff, the man responsible for Michael pursuing a solo music career, but knew him since his childhood years as a member of the Jackson 5, Tatiana Thumbtzen, Michael's co-star from "The Way you Make Me Feel" video who tells her tale of unrequited love for the shy pop star, and Teresa J. Gonsalves, a childhood pen pal who got to see a side of Michael that very few were privileged to see. These people, along with celebrity family therapists, biographers and religion experts, all offer their theories about the man whose public antics have become a national obsession.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit