Bill Bowen on VH-1 discussing jw sex abuse!! (MichaelJackson biography)

by sf 66 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• avishai
    avishai
    sadly the media does tend to twist things up by the way they edit the conversations

This is also the case. i have NEVER been quoted correctly in a newspaper interview, even about dumb stuff, like a play or a film i'm doing. The reporter/filmaker nearly always put's the spin THEY want on it. This is why I rarely believe all i hear from the media

• Mulan
    Mulan
    Stranger things have happened. One of my best friends was talking to another JW girl on the phone. Well, the elders were "sure" that something was going on. He would'nt admit it, so they df'd him. Nothing was going on.

Yes, but that is not the norm. I think when you are on a television show, you shouldn't stress the exception, but stick to policies. It just rubbed me the wrong way. Of course it could have been edited that way too. I know editors do that to make things more sensational.

• hubert
    hubert

I just checked the t.v. schedule, and it is on at 9 p.m. EASTERN time tonight, also.

Hubert

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

not to sound calus but if a catholic (laity) allegedly mollest someone you don't have a show with prominent x-catholics on the child molestation. The aburb shoe horning of BB is uncalled for and offensive. He deserves a better and more logical segway. This would imply that JWs are trained to be pedophiles somehow, and that MJ is a result of his JW training. This is horrid. But at least every time a car bomb goes of in the middle east they don't have a JW round table about martyrdom. So it could be worse.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Tonight 48 Hours Investigates has a program on Michael Jackson.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/1998/08/01/48hours/main22761.shtml

(CBS) Sun., Jan. 29, at 10 p.m. ET/PT
    Michael Jackson: Critical Stage

48 Hours has new details about Michael Jackson's controversial lifestyle.

I doubt this will touch on the whole subject of JW's but it might have a bleep or two. I'm going to record it rather than watch it so I can fast forward to the good parts. I really can't stomach watching anything to do with that family, they are just so weird IMHO.

Kate

• Sweetp0985
    Sweetp0985

bikerchic, i''m watching that right now...

I just checked the t.v. schedule, and it is on at 9 p.m. EASTERN time tonight, also

and the one on VH-1 is coming on again at midnight CST..so i dont know what time that is other places...

• wednesday
    wednesday

OK, I just saw it all and I am impressed. The writers and Bill Bowen did an excellent job. I can't fault them at all, only once did they use a concept totally wrong-they referred to JWS believing in hell, but I think they just said that b/c they did not want to spend a lot of time explaining the big A. Other than that, they hit JWS hard and it was one of the best defenses for MJ I have ever seen. I actually felt pity/ sorry for him after watching it. I predict that will have a big impact on the VH1 viewing crowd. I hope they use it in his defense, what a black eye it gives JWS.

Bill did a great job, and as far as the phone conversation as a DF reason, anything is possible in the weird world of JWS.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    not to sound calus but if a catholic (laity) allegedly mollest someone you don't have a show with prominent x-catholics on the child molestation

Indeed. And what ex-Catholic of the profile of Michael Jackson has been accused of child abuse? Tell me please, I'd like to hear.

This is typical bunker mentality from a weird little sect. In reality the world just doesn't give a tinker's dam about them.

The aburb shoe horning of BB is uncalled for and offensive

Nonsense. Jehovah's Witnesses trumpet to the heavens they are better than anyone else and yet when the curtain is pulled back a bit, people like you start whining. As I said above, most people don't know diddly squat about this sect, nor do they care. So when someone like Michael Jackson is accused of child abuse, the sect is absolutely part of the story.

This would imply that JWs are trained to be pedophiles somehow, and that MJ is a result of his JW training. This is horrid

What is horrid is how Michael Jackson's parents whored he and his brothers out in order to make to the "big time". I've read stories of the places they played in before they hit it big. It is disgusting that parents would do that to their children just to feed their own ego and to make a buck (or million).

Trained to be pedophiles? You are so worried about this sect's image you don't know what you're saying. It is people like you that allow Jehovah's Witnesses to keep their child abuse problem quiet. It is people like you that stand by and allow some monster to rape children while you cluck your tongue to the victim about 'bringing reproach on Jehovah's name' if they tell the truth. It is people like you that are more concerned with image rather than people.

If you want to know why child abuse continues, look in the mirror. It has everything to do with a conspiracy of silence and less to do with bad publicity.

• Sweetp0985
    Sweetp0985

Just a thought.....

I wonder how many people up there in Bethel are watching this right now or watched the earlier broadcast....getting together some new ideas for the KM or other publications about how much they are being mentioned today in a very...no pun intended...."NEW LIGHT".. because i know alot of people are probably watching it and paying more attention to it now because of the court cases coming up........just a thought i had as my coworker and I are sitting here watching it and I'm able to give a "witness" lol about the witnesses......

• sf
    sf

Sun., Jan. 29, at 10 p.m. ET/PT

Just to clarify, TONIGHT is Saturday, the 29th. 48 HRS is on TONIGHT.

sKally

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit