Bill Bowen on VH-1 discussing jw sex abuse!! (MichaelJackson biography)

by sf 66 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Gooney
    Gooney

Ok, I'm confused by that program.

What screwed him up worse, his super strict JW mom or his perverted non-JW father? Or the combination of both?

• garybuss
    garybuss

I just saw the show too. Bill was explaining the JW dating game (or lack of) and the comment about the phone date was a side bar. He said if a JW dates without the intention of marriage they may find themselves disfellowshipped. I think that's pretty accurate.

I'm glad he has the guts to not be anonymous and to speak up.

A JW actually does believe in hell. If a JW dies (in Armageddon) they go to the grave that they believe is hell. It's just their spin on the word.

I didn't see any errors in the show as far as JWs go at all. This Jackson case is a huge negative publicity event for the Witness groups. Considering how the Witness people have treated me and my family, I have no pity for them. I wish them detriment. May it visit large and often.

• Gooney
    Gooney

It sounded to me like his JW mom was trying to get him laid, but with nicer girls than his non-JW father. WTF?

• Will Power
    Will Power

Does anyone know if this is run in Canada?

will

• alias
    alias

Interesting show.

It's funny, but whenever I take in an "objective" view of the JWs, I feel the gap widening. It's like when things about JWs are discussed in the context of the real world, they really seem out of place.

Years ago with my JW hat on, I would have found all kinds of fault with that show. Tonite it was much more surreal.

Yeah, gotta agree with the mom stuff. It must be tough walking both sides of the fence.

Thanks for starting this thread. I would have missed it otherwise.

alias

• z
    z

will be on at 1.30am jan30 est time

• sf
    sf

The great thing about vh-1 and other cable channels is that they re-air their programs. Not all of the channels do this but a majority of them do.

This will re-air over and over again and has a greater audience than shows such as Dateline. Plus Dateline aired only once. This will be water-cooler stuff!!

{{{ Gary, I feel exactly the same as you }}}

sKally

• sf
    sf

Okay, so who wants to call Bethel and ask for any comments they may have?

Okay, I will. You talked me into it.

sKally

• OldSoul
    OldSoul
    CarefullyFaded: sorry, those are PST (western time).

<mutters>Lessee ...

... subtract? no ... add ... okay, now ... times the hypotenuse ... carry the one ...

... dammit.</mutters>

• OldSoul
    OldSoul
    Mulan: I can see that maybe a phone call is a date, but you won't be disfellowshipped for it.

Technically anything you are counseled repeatedly about on which your view remains unswayed could become grounds for disfellowshipping under the "loose conduct" clause. I have known of someone being disfellowshipped for continuing to date after repeatedly being warned to stop, and phone calls are dates.

Respectfully,
    OldSoul

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit