Guys ONLY... Hear me out, but did you notice...

by upside/down 94 Replies latest jw friends

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Have you guys ever played sports with witnesses? Up north here I used to play hockey with them and they are the choppyest guys you can ever play with! Its because they know they won't get their asses beat down!!

• Valis
    Valis
    Have you guys ever played sports with witnesses?

That's where the aggression came out for me. The snotty ones always got the more reckless hits. The one time I got into a dust up was slamming this kid down after he caught the ball...he was laying there stunned and his bigger taller cousin came over and start pushing me...I kicked him in the nuts and just walked home.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• jt stumbler
    jt stumbler

I remember having alot of apprehension knocking on doors, so a "brother" said I could use a good kick in the pants to get me going.. Boy I wish I knew now what I didnt know then.

• Maverick
    Maverick

I think because I'm a little guy, 5'5", I would take no shit from anyone bigger than me...and that covers about every guy over 14. Many a time I would corner a Bro in the mens room at the Hall and get in his face. No one ever put a hand on me but they did tread lightly with me after that. I've called a few on the phone and had heart to heart talks with them when they were being butt-heads. One time I went to a Bros house and told him off. His wife told my wife how happy she was that I did that. She had been warning him for years that he was going to piss someone off! I think there is something wrong with me because the bigger the guy, the faster I'll take it to him. I hate having a big guy tower over me and pull that intimidation shit on me.

• prophecor
    prophecor

While I was tryin' to figure out why the guy was sayin' what he was sayin', Nicky just hit him. No matter how big a guy might be, Nicky would take him on. You beat Nicky with fists, he comes back with a bat. You beat him with a knife, he comes back with a gun. And you beat him with a gun, you better kill him, because he'll keep comin' back and back until one of you is dead.

Was that you Maverick?

• upside/down
    upside/down

Sports was a JOKE. The bro's have the worst sportsmanship especially the elders. A bunch of pent up adolescents stuck in old mens bodies. They never learned how to "play well with others", and it was a "pissing contest" every time we played. F'bombs dropped and tempers flared EVERY time we played. I saw bro's go to fists- only to regret it when the elders had to "counsel" them. Translated: the elders saved the asshole from the beating he sorely deserved and NEEDED!

I NEVER saw such bad behaviour on a constant and petty level when in "the world". You woulda go your ass kicked- period!

I guess that's what happens when you suppress your "maleness" so much- YOU EXPLODE! There is no constructive outlet for the raging hormones and abilities of youth....

Oh what am I saying you've always got the meetings and the ministry as a "healthy" outlet!!! LOL ROTFL

Ex-bro's- Dont' "shelter" your sons, let them become MEN!

u/d

• Golf
    Golf

I remember giving my pioneer partner a lesson. He lied behind my back just to be a study conductor. I changed the contour of his face. The next day the CO said, "What you did was not right, but, HE DESERVED IT!" Never had any problems after.

Guest77

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

I agree with you. Most of teh men I knew were over-run by their wives and mothers. Instead of being a man and talking/ kicking the shit outta each other, they were quick to run to the Elders to resolve it. As a female myself, I once got called in to a commitee meeting because I beat my adult sister up. Seriously it was well deserved. But that was just another example of the Elders trying to take care of domestic issues where it didnt belong. I had a MS friend who was removed for hitting his cousin in a basketball game. Go figure. Apaga of teh "not a man but I dont care I'm replying anyway" class

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

:He lied behind my back just to be a study conductor. I changed the contour of his face. HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

• the bandersnatch esq.
    the bandersnatch esq.

My dad was somewhat of a hard man in his youth, and this still shows through now, even though he has been in the org for about 20 years now.

However, as he "doesn't believe in violence now" (his words) he never showed me how to defend myself when I was growing up. Because of it, and being different through being in the org until my late teens, I had to put up with a lot of crap off a lot of people.

It's taken me a while to get my confidence up, and I even stepped in on a fight last year, something I would once never have done. I got a broken nose for it, but that didn't even bother me, I had held onto my self respect. Now though, I'm taking karate lessons. Hehe.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit