Jim Penton

by Greenpalmtreestillmine 67 Replies latest jw friends

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

*passing out popcorn*

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

GPT,

I sense your frustration,,you meant no harm to Jim or others. You think that if these smarter christians would come to JWD that they would put of a good fight for the faith so to speak. Try not to get your hopes up too high over this matter,,stand back and just take things in without having to defend god let god fight his own battles and you just sit back and watch. If Jehovah is the true god let him prove it like he was suposed have done in elijah's day.

• Brummie
    Brummie

hmm thx joy :)

Sabrina, glad to see you are still here :)

now, where did I put that sacred cow repelant spray for when hs shows up?

Brummie

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Sabrina,

Thank you for the conciliatory nature of your post. I am sure that it is much appreciated by many.

As to why Mr. Penton and Mr. Jonsson do not post on this Board, well frankly if I were them I would not either. There are one too many nits on this board that ensure that any serious debate would soon 'flame' or get buried in far too many side issues to be of any use.

Carl does post on the Channel 'C' Board run by Ros, who occasionally posts on this Board. Most of the posters there are Christians of one inclination or the other and I am sure that you will find it of value to you. Mr. Penton does post to one or two of the XJW email lists that I am aware of and I am sure that Ros could help you in this direction also.

Best regards - HS

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Brummie,

now, where did I put that sacred cow repelant spray for when hs shows up?

I have no idea - try between your ears, lots of empty space there.

HS

• Brummie
    Brummie

I knew it wouldnt be too long....

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Hs and Brum,,

Are you tow guys brothers or something???

• Greenpalmtreestillmine
    Greenpalmtreestillmine

Hillary_Step,

I am a regular reader of Channel C. Mr. Penton and Mr. Jonsson both post there on a regular basis as do other well known exJW Christians. Jim Whitney posted a thread there on a way one might reconcile the Bible and evolution. Unfortunately, some posters there threatened to leave Channel C because of it. It was seeing Jim Penton regularly posting there that prompted my hope that he would also help out people here.

Well, I now wish I had never hoped that at all. Not because of the reaction on this thread but just because.......(leaving some things to myself).

Sabrina

• Brummie
    Brummie
    Are you tow guys brothers or something???

LOL, I dont have *THAT* much space between my ears to be likened to him do I? He might have been my afterbirth, I disown and deny any blood ties after that.

He knows I'm just kiddin

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Frankie,

He knows I'm just kiddin

I would never *really* hurt a cat. I am just tummy-tickling. Brummie and I like to beat each other senseless every so often to prove our friendship Kerryman style.

HS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit