Jim Penton

by Greenpalmtreestillmine 67 Replies latest jw friends

• Greenpalmtreestillmine
    Greenpalmtreestillmine

Jim Penton wrote on Channel C:

"Posted by JimPenton on Sun - Oct 31 - 6:48pm:

.... Therefore, I want to devote the last years of my life (I am 72)to more positive, upbuilding activities such as giving a testimony to my faith through manifesting the fruits of the spirit, attempting to minister to the widows and orphans in their affliction, and to giving a positive witness through my writing. I am looking for a better Kingdom than any that exist here.

Jim "

Please, Jim Penton, come here to JWD and share your experiences and knowledge with your thirsting former brothers! I am at a loss to understand why you do not post here? Hoping you will, Jim Penton! Hoping you will defend your faith here and help those who need some encouragement here. There are many spiritual widows and orphans here. Put your faith in action please, put God to the test please, love us please.

• Greenpalmtreestillmine
    Greenpalmtreestillmine

I've heard that some of the more prominant exJW Christians will not soil their feet by coming here. My post above is an attempt to see if this is true. If it is then they are not Christians at all!

Sabrina

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Jim posted here briefly (along with Carl Olof Jonsson) several years ago, but things got very heated and some people said some very unkind things of an accusatory nature against Ray Franz and those defending him (for their opinions about the silentlambs issue). It would be wonderful to have them back, tho this forum does get a little "wild" at times....I think discussions in Channel-C are on level somewhat more courteous.

• Greenpalmtreestillmine
    Greenpalmtreestillmine

Hi Leolaia,

I just feel that the so called "best" should be where they are most needed not where it is easiest to post. I understand very well the problems and hurts that can come to Christians posting here but that does not mean as Christians we should seek the easy road and only speak to those of like faith. Prominant exJW Christians should have enough courage and enough of God's spirit to post here. If not then they are fooling themselves. Let them walk on the water and help their brother if they claim to be Christians.

I have no respect for men and women who claim to be Christians and who have the ability and education to defend their faith but who chose the comfortable path of preaching to the choir rather than to help their fallen brothers.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

GPT,

I have no respect for men and women who claim to be Christians and who have the ability and education to defend their faith but who chose the comfortable path of preaching to the choir rather than to help their fallen brothers.

I think we should not judge them for not posting here. I'm sure that if they did post here they would be faced with persons that may argue if they made certain untrue or unprovable statements about the Bible. They may have to face issues they are not willing to deal with, if they post here.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Is it not god who does the calling, the actual work of evangelising?

S

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Well, maybe you might want to email him and ask him how he feels about it. But I don't agree that he has an obligation to post here. He and Ray and Carl have already done an enormous amount to help ex-JWs, more than any of us have, yet because they decide not to spent their free time posting on one particular forum on the internet, they are not worthy of respect? I don't think any of us are in the position to make such a judgment. They continue to help people through their books, and we have no idea what work they do privately, unseen to us, to help other people. If they felt that their time and energies were better spent elsewhere, that is their decision....I don't feel they owe us anything. There is more to life than the internet.

• Scully
    Scully

Pardon me, gptsm, but you have a lot of nerve telling this gentleman what to do with the remaining years of his life.

As someone who knows Mr Penton personally, and, in fact had him as a guest in my home, I know him to be someone who deserves to enjoy his "golden years" any way he chooses.

Love, Scully

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Greenpalm,

How dare you judge a man whom to your own admission you hardly know anything about. That you are seeking to malign Mr. Penton for not posting on this XJW Board while not even bothering to find out the facts, is ridiculous beyond defense. His own history is a public record of his concern for the rights and freedom of others. He does not need to prove himself to anybody, least of all you who come here waving your judgmentalism around like a machete in the hands of a child.

Go away.

HS

• Satanus
    Satanus

Actually, he and his wife marilyn were hospitable enough to have me stay in their home for a couple of days. He also shared some of his research w me. He doesn't owe me anything more.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit