Do ALL men cheat??

by ChakkaConned 160 Replies latest jw friends

• outbutnotdown
    outbutnotdown
    There is a fair bit of pressure on men to cheat, too. If a man hasn't slept with many women, there is a tendency to view him as odd or weak

That depends on who their friends are. Some people may find contentment/sexual fulfillment the first time. Should we try to tell them that "better" sex is around the corner?

Brad (I am all for freedom between the sexes, but when you make a promise..... it should stand.)

• Valis
    Valis
    Re: Do ALL men cheat??

only with willing women! *LOL* and in the case of Eddie Murphy, sometimes with willing transvestites...*LOL*

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• ballistic
    ballistic

*I can't go there!*

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief
    Brad (I am all for freedom between the sexes, but when you make a promise..... it should stand.)

So you've NEVER broken a promise? Even a little one? Under duress, even? You can be merciless if you like, but there are circumstances...

CZAR

• outbutnotdown
    outbutnotdown

So you've NEVER broken a promise? Even a little one? Under duress, even? You can be merciless if you like, but there are circumstances...

CZAR

Czar,

My statement was not intended to be absolute, as you seem to take it. I never did cheat on my ex-wife while we were together. Maybe I should have. I'm not sure. IMHO, marriage vows are more of a pact to each other than it is to God or whatever.

When you make a promise to your life-partner, (IMO) you are making a promise to yourself. It should be respected as if it was a promise to yourself.

I have no intention of being "merciless" to you or anyone else.

Brad

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief
    When you make a promise to your life-partner, (IMO) you are making a promise to yourself. It should be respected as if it was a promise to yourself.

I view it as part of a contract which can be voided by actions on either partner's part. You may be right about it. I just watched my father, in an affection-less marriage, take out a lot of his frustration on us kids. Sometimes keeping a promise hurts people more than breaking or bending it. Just my 2 cents.

I did not mean to call you merciless. I'm sorry.

CZAR

• outbutnotdown
    outbutnotdown
    I view it as part of a contract which can be voided by actions on either partner's part. You may be right about it. I just watched my father, in an affection-less marriage, take out a lot of his frustration on us kids. Sometimes keeping a promise hurts people more than breaking or bending it. Just my 2 cents.

Czar,

I think I know fully what you are talking about. I completely agree. I have lived my life learning to "prevent" anger such as your father, (and mine) kept pent up.

For the purposes of this discussion, I will just say that men will cheat (or not) based on their individual circumstances. Nothing makes it absolutely right or wrong.

I can only say that I feel your pain and I sympathize with you. IMO, your thoughts on this are worth a hell of a lot more than 2 cents.

Brad

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    The next day, I told my husband about this and asked his thoughts. He reluctantly told me that he personally feels that 98% of men would cheat if given the opportunity

I have been propositioned twice in my life. Once by a gay guy, and once by a woman who lived a few houses down from us. Both times I had no interest (moreso the former than the latter). I have never had any interest whatsoever in anything outside my marriage.

But then I'm a strange guy so what do I know?

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

BT:

But then I'm a strange guy so what do I know?

No you know full well what you have to lose if you ever did cheat. If more guys would think beyond the urge of the moment..........sigh.

• outbutnotdown
    outbutnotdown
    No you know full well what you have to lose if you ever did cheat. If more guys would think beyond the urge of the moment..........sigh.

Bikerchic,

I think that most men think beyond what they will "lose" if they cheat. Like Big Tex said, there are some of us around that stay faithful because it is the morally right thing to do.

We are not only 2%, like some figures want to suggest.

Brad

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit