Awake Moving To Monthly Publishing

by Valis 98 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Golf
    Golf

So, that means the big (A) will not occur in 2005! What a relief.

Guest77

• Will Power
    Will Power

Guess it will take twice as long to get that college degree. Maybe the reason to keep the young "ones" in a little longer?

• TheEdge
    TheEdge

Will subscribers either get their money back or be offered extended subscriptions?
    Extended Subscription? That's optimistic, at least we'd know the ''END'' is not ''just around the corner''

• RunningMan
    RunningMan
    Will subscribers either get their money back or be offered extended subscriptions?

Subscriptions were eliminated quite a while ago. It's hard trying to keep up to God's chariot, isn't it?

• steve2
    steve2

Imagine how much more badly off "profit-wise" the organization would be if it had to pay its bethel employees a salary, or worse, had to match salaries at bethel with an even half-way decent salary package found elsewhere. So, despite relatively low labour costs and a membership that "willingly" buys the stock and then distributes it, the organization is still struggling. I say they should bring in the ten percent tithe and get it over with. Hey, did I say that out loud?

• observador
    observador
    ..."The antelope and you...and why you should be like Antelopes who don't abuse themselves..." now there's an article for ya.

Fleur, you crack me up!

Now, these news, if true, will be a big deal even though some Witnesses will rationalize away somehow.

As for the poster who said that it is a great feat for an institution to be around after 130 years... well, I say look at some major institutions that had to make big changes to survive. Look at Ford, IBM and others. Ford is simply the inventor of car, but now they face stiff competition even from Korea. The world has definitely changed and the WT big boys know this.

Also, the WT has in many instances appealed to reason to shore up their dogmas; before this Information Age it was very difficult to counter their flawed reasoning, but now with access to information readily available things have changed as never before.

Observador

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Very interesting, and if this is true then

WHAT TO SAY ABOUT THE MAGAZINES will now be WHAT TO SAY ABOUT THE WATCHTOWER

Clearly, they are losing their way

I for one NEVER asked a householder for a contribution, and rare that I ever got one without mentioning the donation arrangement.

Truthseeker

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Maybe now that they aren't pimping the UN they really haven't got anything to put IN the Awake!

Meshuggenah!

CZAR

• observador
    observador

Oh no, don't tell me this is true.

I'll miss those articles on how to comb your hair...

Observador.

• dostprefer
    dostprefer

just heard about the change to once a month Awake. This could have been anticipated by some (for a number of reasons):1.There is an oversupply of knowledge media items these days2. Many do not go so far as to read at least a page. An age of small 'bites' and pix. 3. Comments on this page demonstrate some disdain for avoidance of or almost a built-in resistance for and towards written or printed material, but lets face it, literacy is still essential if one is to keep up with the play. 4. A commenting forum is interesting but we should not be deluded that we are 'in' on the real information. For Instance, I understand (and all I have got is one email from a family member about any of this) that the focus and content of 'Awake' is going to change. Nothing about 'imminence of 'the end' etc as a rationale, but fascinating that was suggested by a forum member. My, not disrespectful suggestion is 'If you want to know who is going to win the race, ask the horse'. Further - wisely place your bets before the end of the race Happy foruming everyone!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit