Awake Moving To Monthly Publishing

by Valis 98 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront
    Keep an eye out for the March 2005 KM. Word is that the Awake will only be published once a month starting in January 2006.

...and I thought that it was earth shattering that they'd forego offering the magazines as a subscription.........this has to be great news. After the subscriptions ran out, the magazines stopped piling up around my house. We literally had stacks of them, still in their wrapper, never opened....the dubbie wife afraid to throw them away least someone need some information from an article one day.

The slow decay of this organization from the inside out appears to be picking up speed. They're terrified of the presense of their outdated garbage on the internet and now, they're moving to print even less of it.

We must really be close to the "end" with all this simplifyin' goin' on.

• steve2
    steve2

Will subscribers either get their money back or be offered extended subscriptions?

• Neo
    Neo

steve,

They don't have subscriptions anymore.

Think of that: the multinational publishing empire doesn't have a subscription service of their journals!!

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

Humph. I am not sure what "new light" they will shed on this one, but it does seem like if you are cutting production, it's because no one wants your product.

Now, when will they do that with the Watchtower? They need get rid of the Awake mag all together, it's just a bunch of recycled, regurgitated fluff.

• blondie
    blondie

*** km April 2002 p. 7 Continue Benefiting From The Watchtower and Awake! ***

Now that mail subscriptions to the Watchtower and Awake! magazines are being discontinued, effort will be required to ensure that we, and those to whom we preach, do not miss even one issue.

• Valis
  • cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Thanks for the scoop, Valis! I know JUST what I'm going to do with that information.

Nina

• Valis
    Valis
    Thanks for the scoop, Valis! I know JUST what I'm going to do with that information.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Thats no surprise as it has been rumored for years that they would go to a monthly publishing of the Awake. I guess the WT is hurting financially.

Will

• Valis
    Valis

William, that doesn't explain their tussle w/DUMBO, which worked out for them somehow..

http://www.rickross.com/reference/jw/jw204.html

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/63445/1.ashx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit