Awake Moving To Monthly Publishing

by Valis 98 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

when you've built up a vast printing empire, you kind of need to keep printing new books

Actually, it's not the printing of the books that keeps them in business, it's the contributions for the books. So, if they put the updates into an envelope with a tear-off contribution stub, or sold the updated pages at the literature counter, they would still get all their money, while reducing costs.

Basically, as long as they still get the money, they could forego publishing altogether. They're not really in the printing business. They're in the contribution business.

• acsot
    acsot
    Actually, it's not the printing of the books that keeps them in business, it's the contributions for the books. So, if they put the updates into an envelope with a tear-off contribution stub, or sold the updated pages at the literature counter, they would still get all their money, while reducing costs

I'd love to bet that Brooklyn will come up with "new light" and do exactly as you've suggested they do. And it wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that they monitor this board for ideas they can't come up with on their own

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    They're not really in the printing business. They're in the contribution business.

Maybe that's where this is headed. Maybe this is the first step toward relieving themselves of publishing and aiming more toward straight contributions, similar to what televangelists do .

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    Or better yet, print it in disappearing ink. That way, anything that is more than a year or two old would just expire automatically.

hahahahahaha

<snif> *coughs* Sorry, I was having a flashback...

Jean

• steve2
    steve2
    So, if they put the updates into an envelope with a tear-off contribution stub, or sold the updated pages at the literature counter, they would still get all their money, while reducing costs.

Hey stop it! You're giving me ideas and I think you're right.

• truth_about_the_truth
    truth_about_the_truth

How bout that?

The WT is commissioned to be the only ones to accomplish "preaching to the ends of the earth" and they are cutting back, you cant even buy the magazine anywhere or get a subscription, not even available on pdf format on the internet. Pretty hard to get if you asked me. looks like it will be quite a while before the end comes if the WT is primarily responsible for carrying this out to the ends of the earth

• steve2
    steve2
    "preaching to the ends of the earth"

Or, with the relentless passing of time and no end in sight, is that supposed to be "the preaching is to end on earth".

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

I bet they call it a "simplification". They always do that when they're cost-cutting.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I just realised one reason for their dearth of material, in the "Awake!". They can't be publishing any articles that support the UN's agenda

• brutusmaximus
    brutusmaximus

How will people go on not having "watching the world" every two weeks?

Always made me laugh that when quotes are made (most often badly) there is no footnote telling you where they got it from, weird.

BM

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit