Awake Moving To Monthly Publishing

by Valis 98 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dostprefer
    dostprefer

Happy that the big 'A' not to happen until after 2005?

Reminiscent of the man who after being told by the judge that he would be hanged for murder on the 10th of November, thought about it for a moment and then asked the Judge, "Is that this year or next year?"

• dostprefer
    dostprefer

Please note that I intend to be a gadfly on this forum. But take heart - one gadfly does not make a plague.

As another forum member said ' It's hard to keep up with God's Chariot'. We don't want to be like Pharoah whose wheels fell off. Driving in a straight line is a good plan and why not do that in the forum? 'Truthseeker' is partly right. We used to ask for a contribution toward cost of literature. Mags used to be 4pence each - 3 cents in the 60's! A sensible and fair arrangement. But we all became an eftpos society. Thenceforth donations were suggested. This gave an opportunity to generously minded and grateful people. But this has largely been discontinued. And many felt more comfortable with never asking at all. (This to dispel suggestions of 'regimentation' which has been suggested in the forum.) Regarding Truthseeker's thought that 'they are losing their way". Didn't Pharoah say that when he decided to go after them at the Red Sea?

• Poztate
    Poztate
    My, not disrespectful suggestion is 'If you want to know who is going to win the race, ask the horse'.

Which End...Oh hang on if it is the GB I already know the answer...

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Hello dostprefer, and welcome to the board! Always enjoyable to have a JW apologist around. Or a gadfly, if thou dost prefer.

Happy that the big 'A' not to happen until after 2005?

Reminiscent of the man who after being told by the judge that he would be hanged for murder on the 10th of November, thought about it for a moment and then asked the Judge, "Is that this year or next year?"

As another forum member said ' It's hard to keep up with God's Chariot'. We don't want to be like Pharoah whose wheels fell off.

I think you may need to put your irony drive into gear before reading the posts here. I think the statements you refer to were made in extreme jest.

I did think your comments on the Awake being superfluous in a sea of information had some merit. Why read Awake for information on giraffes when you can just google them and get way more information? Plus, the information you get from reputable sources on the internet will be up-to-date and scientifically accurate. Always a plus.

And many felt more comfortable with never asking [for donations] at all.

Many? LOL...There's the understatement of the century. How many times did you or anyone you know ask for donations?

A commenting forum is interesting but we should not be deluded that we are 'in' on the real information.

The purpose of the forum is not really to keep up with what's going on in Watchtowerville. But with regard to the quality of the insider information, we do have a lot of people posting here that are also bookstudy conductors, bethelites, etc.

Anyway, welcome, and happy posting!

SNG

• dostprefer
    dostprefer

Interesting to hear from someone who can work a miracle in explaining 'what you meant to say' . And recommending Googling as a pathway to knowledge (but like Stan Freeberg's 'Bridie Murphy' I'm not knocking it. But neither shall I presume to call you a 'Google Apologist'. Better to turn down the humble request for answers to begged questions, but yes, please keep rattling the can Who knows that someone may be disposed to throw in a a bawbee or two. However you have changed the colour of the Nile somewhat and I detect a croak or two from those usually delightful green amphibians. That is two miracles and my day is complete. And hopefully, not without humour. As they say in the modern parlance 'cheers'.

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy
    Interesting to hear from someone who can work a miracle in explaining 'what you meant to say' .

Well, seeing as I've been around here for a while and read a few posts from the posters who wrote those things, I think I have a pretty good handle on where they're coming from.

Google apologist? I like the company, but they're only the gateway to information. I'm really an information apologist. Long live free access to information!

SNG

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Welcome to the forum Dost............hope you stick around for a bit, it's amazing how much you can learn here, even if you think not.

Terri

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

Welcome to the forum dostprefer, it's great to have you here! I hope we can get to know you.

Hi

• Neo
    Neo

Hello dostprefer. Welcome to JWD!! I encourage you to read more of the site, so you'll get a hang of what goes inside the mind of the posters here and how we have a comprehensive view of the Witness world, since we were both inside and outside the organization. Standing back and having an outside view of the org clearly shows that decadence is befalling the Watchtower.

You could start by the extensive analysis about the monthly Awake found in the thread WTS Official Spin on monthly Awake: 'More emphasis on the Bible!'

Neo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit