Studying with JWs - Confused, Conflicted ...

by RebelliousSpirit 278 Replies latest members private

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

:Did I mention I'm PMS'ing?

Well keep it up, it agrees with you, lol ;-)

When a Jehovah's Witness uses the word "humble" or "humility", the odds are very good that they are doing so in the most arrogant of fashions, ie: they are suggesting that if you would be just like THEY are, be willing to make the exact same choices THEY make then THEY might deign to consider you humble. They are a dishonest people, start to finish, and it both starts and finishes with their use of the word "truth".

• RebelliousSpirit
    RebelliousSpirit
    The Witness organization claims that we have free will. Yet, if we dare make a decision based on our own free will that conflicts with the WT Society then they will kick us and our free will to the curb.

The funny thing is that I have argued the free will issue with them before. I am always met with the same logic - you have free will, but there are consequences if exercising that free will leads to actions contrary to "God's will". That's odd - last I knew, in the garden of Eden, it was Jehovah himself who pronounced judgment and punishment on those who went contrary to his will. Hmmm .. as a matter of fact I believe that was the case throughout the entire Bible!!

At any rate - my point is that while we all are supposed to have free will, and JWs claim not to take that away (so long as we keep the consequences in mind - ha!), they ultimately DO take it away - tell me ... how many JWs stay in the organization because they are afraid (no, terrified!!) of being DF'd? Wouldn't those be interesting numbers for the next KM?

::grumble::

If you were a baptized dubbie and decided to exercise your free will as you have done, they wouldn't hesitate to disfellowship you. And you know what that would mean.

Oh I know. I am already getting the cold shoulder from the PO, probably because of the irrational way in which I view the blood policy (read: they keep trying to explain it, and I refute their explanations as nonsensical) - we all know what an awful mother, person, Christian I must be that I am not willing to give up my right to protect my children at any cost. Hmph!

(((Mr Shakita))) Thanks for the pat on the back, I need it right about now.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Hi, RS.

I a sorry that you find yourself in such a predicament, and especially in light of your concern for your children. Wish I had something eloquent to say, but think that Alan F. has said it all much better than I can.

Just wanted you to know that I was wishing you the best.

Jean

• RebelliousSpirit
    RebelliousSpirit
    Well keep it up, it agrees with you, lol ;-)

I always thought so.

Actually ... this is the me who is very done with all of the bullsh!t. My "good little Christian girl" suit is at the drycleaners.

I'm usually a fairly sarcastic b!tch (in a good way, I swear, lol) - and let me tell you how much JWs don't care for that "side" of me. I am so tired of censoring my every thought/word/action ... I am so aggravated right now that I just want to scream obscenities at the top of my lungs!

Edited because I don't have a f*cking clue, and I don't wanna know!

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Ok.... Now I'm a little confused. AlanF is a housebound chainsmoking/drinking diabetic female from the "bad side" of Orlando Fl. "AlanF" was her husband's (who just didn't come home one day) name. Man, that dude hated the WT almost as much as he hated her!

:P~

• bebu
    bebu
    I am humble as Jehovah God made me - but pardon me if my humility is not an open license to be walked all over, taken advantage of, or sh!t on.

Enjoyed your comment!

BTW, I sure don't want to be in your way when you are mad (or PMSing)! (j/k)

bebu

• jgnat
    jgnat

About humility. It is just not one of those qualities that an observant one can note is missing in another. A completely humble person would never point out the failings of another.

I did a lot of deep thinking about humility, as it is a strived-for Christian trait, and many in the Church aspire to it. In my past twenty years as a Church-goer I have seen many, many people walking around with the plain cloak of false humility. I encountered such a one at my work (I can spot 'em, she sent me a "Christian" Christmas card), who meekly apologized to me for not meeting her own exacting standards, and in the next breath skewered her "incompetent" co-workers.

It seems to me that direct encounters with God, as recorded in the bible, resulted in instantaneous humility. I imagine that in His presence, we find out pretty quick where we measure up. In those same encounters, however, God was equally peeved if his servants considered themselves less than they were. (Moses' reluctance to speak, Samson's parents to parent, Gideon's ability to lead). I believe, then, that the humility God wants from us is a clear picture of both our weaknesses and our strengths.

These days I am much more willing to admit my weakness. But I also accept compliments. I figure, in the presence of God, nothing is hidden anyways, might as well practice and be real now.

• hopelesslystained
    hopelesslystained

i have only read your initial post. Listen to your gut feelings as they are NEVER wrong. You will not regret it.

• AlanF
    AlanF

Six is right, RS. So if you want to drive out to Colorado, we can have a girls night out.

AlanF

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

*runs*

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit