The Holocaust - do we need to know?

by eyeslice 197 Replies latest jw friends

• z
    z

PARIS

French far-right leader Jean-Marie Le Pen was quoted as saying that the Nazi Occupation of France during World War II was not particularly brutal.

The National Front leader gave an interview to the small extreme-right paper Rivarol, which published the comments.

"In France at least, the German Occupation was not particularly inhuman, even if there were a few blunders, inevitable in a country of 550,000 square kilometers (220,000 square miles)," he was quoted as saying.

The politician's office confirmed the interview had taken place, but said it could not verify the exact comments, as no one had checked them against a recording. The remarks were published in the paper's Jan. 7 edition but did not come to wider attention until Wednesday.

CRIF, an umbrella group of French Jewish organizations, said it was "particularly shocked" by the comments. During the war, some 76,000 Jews, including 12,000 children, were deported from France, many to Auschwitz. Only 2,500 survived.

"These comments taint the memory of all victims of Nazism _ deportees and resistants, and the entire French population, which was subjected for more than four years to the most atrocious of occupations and humiliations," CRIF said in a statement.

Le Pen, 76, has a history of making remarks that jar France, and has been convicted of racism or anti-Semitism at least six times. Once he called the Nazi gas chambers "a detail of the history of the Second World War."

The National Front leader blames immigrants, especially from North Africa, for high unemployment. He wants to deport all illegal immigrants and tighten border controls.

Le Pen startled France and the world by qualifying for a one-on-one runoff against President Jacques Chirac in presidential elections in 2002. Horrified voters rallied behind Chirac in the second round, giving him a resounding 82 percent of the vote.

Realist +Le Pen = SHIT

• Golf
    Golf

6 million Jews? Some reports have it, 600,000 Jews. What type of Jews are they talking about, natural Jews, German, Polish, etc? Where & how does one confirm the actually amount?

Guest77

• avishai
    avishai
    Some reports have it, 600,000 Jews

which reports would those be?

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

On the Khazar issue, which was widely exploited by apparently-antizionist-and-really-antisemitic propaganda, I recommend the following link for serious and balanced information:

http://www.khazaria.com/khazar-diaspora.html

• Mary
    Mary
    Realist said: I have no problem with jewish people (i have probably more jewish friends than you).

You sir, are full of shit. No one with your racist slurs on the Jews could possibly make friends with them, because they would want nothing to do with someone with your gestapo-like views of them. Your comment is the same as when David Duke (U.S. politial figure and supporter of the Ku Klux Klan) said he "has no problem with black people" and that he also "has many black friends".

I work with Jews and I know for a fact that they are not in the habit of forming friendships with those who think that they "contributed" to the Holocaust "by segregating themselves".

• Realist
    Realist

Narkissos,

thanks for the intersting link.

Mary, Z

your idiocy and PC fanatism is hilarious.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    again, you attack something i never said. i have no problem with jewish people (i have probably more jewish friends than you). I have a problem with them holding an extremely unproportional amount of power.

1) You apparently have no clue how condescending it sounds to say "I'm not a racist of X because I have many friends of X". See http://www.blackpeopleloveus.com/ for a tongue-in-cheek illustration.

2) Funny that you don't seem to be as outraged about males having an "extremely unproportional amount of power," and how society indoctrinates us to accept male hegemony. Is it a dislike of any group having more power than others, or just a specific group in particular? Your premise is also highly questionable as others have pointed out.

• z
    z

Realist said: I have no problem with jewish people (i have probably more jewish friends than you). LOL

do you? so go and ask your so called friends where are their bouby and zeyde (in Jewish Grand parent's ) are ? the were killed by nazi friends just like you

and you are the IDIOT so give it up

• Realist
    Realist

Leolaia,

You apparently have no clue how condescending it sounds to say "I'm not a racist of X because I have many friends of X".

the statement was in respons to little toe's comment that i in general dislike jews. this is not the case.

Funny that you don't seem to be as outraged about males having an "extremely unproportional amount of power," and how society indoctrinates us to accept male hegemony.

i referred to exactly this issue:

a problem arises if the positions are not given to the people with the highest qualification but based on ethnicity or sex.

man have (and still do) occupied an extremely unproportional amount of leading positions and woman have rightly protested this.

z,

you and Mary are not worth my time.

• z
    z

Yes you are right BIGOT my time 4 sure not

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit