Only One Religion's WebSite Ignores the Desaster in South Asia

by GermanXJW 68 Replies latest jw friends

• davidfrost
    davidfrost

hi there friend, your so right. The JW`S are not interested in aid relief, but they are so grateful for their charitable status and all the money that, that brings in, hypocrites, but we all know that. We all know they abandoned secret links with the UN back in 2001, but hey whats new with satans cult and a bunch of senile old men at the top and their new date for the end of world, 2034 from 1914, 40 years from 1914, tying it in with Noah`s preaching, that`ll bring in a few more dollars from the gullable. Take care for now. David

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

I couldn't get the link to work but the JW Media website has that release for Jan 1, 2005 under humanitarian work.

3rd

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

This is really meat in due season... not.

• GermanXJW
  • Mary
    Mary
    Do you people even realize that by the time you are spending to speak abusively about the watchtower you could have helped them over there???

Uh, many of us HAVE already helped. We've given money to charitable causes on behalf of the victims of this tragedy. What exactly has the WTS done?

I am a witness and I just sent my check to the brothers and sisters over there....

While that's commendable, what about the tens of thousands of others non-Witnesses over there? Are you sending any checks to help them? Is the WTS sending anything to help NON-Witnesses?

Have you even considered the possibility that since this event happened they were too busy going over there to bother with their website???

LMAO.......Surely you jest. Do you think that the person who maintains the WTS's website is going over there? Is there only one person who can put this up on their website? I work on websites. It would take them approximately 5 minutes to put something up there. But it their true fashion, there's not one frigging word up there. All the other major religions have got SOMETHING up on their website, why doesn't "God's Chosen People" have anything up there?

You people really need to take a deep look at yourself and find out if you really do have the eyes of love or the eyes of hate in your hearts....

I think the WTS should take a deep look at themselves and find out if they're really "Christian", when they do next to nothing to help people who are non-Witnesses. Witnesses are discouraged from contributing either with money or their time, to "worldly" charities. You're told that it's far more profitable to go out banging on people's doors trying to sell magazines. Funny, Jesus fed the hungry.....why don't Witnesses today?

All of what was just said by the rest of you above has made me sick to my stomach

So then don't post here. As a matter of fact, why is a good Witness reading this "apostate" website in the first place? Better run and confess your sin to the elders!

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

I think the reason that so many of us are upset here is because we believe the WT Organization will be soliciting funds from their well meaning members who would truly like to do something for the victims of this disaster. But it appears that the WT Org is directing its members to donate to the WT only and they will dispense the money however they think is necessary.

When I was a JW we were not encouraged at all to give to any other charities. All other charitable organizations were "part of the world" and therefore not worthy of our support. The WT organization does not have the manpower to do much of anything in these countries to help out and the donations of well meaning JWs may never reach the people in these devastated lands where few JWs reside. When we hear the WT Org speak of helping out it ususally involves repairing Kingdom halls (their properties). The best thing that could be done with this money is to donate it directly to an international organization such as the Red Cross who are are there right now helping out with what counts the most saving the lives of thousands of people who are starving to death and in need of medical attention.

This is the problem as I see it,

cybs

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

just for the record. the wtbts did NOTHING, A BIG FAT 0 NADA. ON OR AFTER 9/11. THE BETHELITES WERE NOT HANDING OUT SANDWICHES, AT THE FOOT OF THE BROOKLYN BRIDGE, THE BETHELITES WERE NOT DOING ANY RELIEF WORK AT GROUND ZERO. THE BETHELITES WERE NOT PREACHING AT GROUND ZERO. THE WTBTS DID NOTHING , ZERO, EXCEPT LOcK THIER DOORS, which is about 20 blocks from the brooklyn bridge, heading back to the water front. their amy have been some local jw's that work for the fire dept, or other city agencies etc. that did do something. but NOT $1 CAME OUT OF BETHEL. JOHN

• AuntieJane
    AuntieJane

I started a post yesterday about this same issue. I'd checked most major religion websites and found

many prayers, etc. ZIP on wts site. OK, maybe we should give them the benefit of the doubt...they are

closed for the holidays! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

• Brummie
    Brummie
    maybe we should give them the benefit of the doubt...they are

closed for the holidays! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yeah, ahahahahahahaha

• steve2
    steve2

Hey everyone!

It's so great to read such a range of opinions and reactions on the official Watchtower website's "silence" on the tsunami's that have taken such a massive human toll. Whether I agree with any or all of these opinions or not is immaterial. I value the healthy expression of views - something that is woefully absent among the rank and file JWs.

steve2

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit