Only One Religion's WebSite Ignores the Desaster in South Asia

by GermanXJW 68 Replies latest jw friends

• Indelcio
    Indelcio

Okay, let me try to rephrase that. I'll remain loyal to the principles of the orginization, but not to the people that run it, who seem to be skewing the original idea. Is that better?

• Gill
    Gill

I don't understand what the controversy is about after all, Jehovah's Witnesses aim to be 'NO PART OF THE WORLD!'

It doesn't matter to the borg and it's not supposed to matter to the witnesses. Why should it be front page news to them. At some point it will be used to help sell more mags and frighten people into expecting Armageddon as a sign of the times.

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

You can bet there will be an Awake article on it though in about six months time.

It be an account of how the local brothers pulled out all the stops to take the Bible message round to the survivors.

Eyeslice

• undercover
    undercover
    I'll remain loyal to the principles of the orginization, but not to the people that run it, who seem to be skewing the original idea.

That presents a problem doesn't it?

For argument's sake let's say the the principles are good and right, that God approves of the principles. If the people who are running the org. are skewing the original idea, are they not apostasizing the true church?

On the other hand, let's say that God approves of the people running the org today, they are directed by his holy spirit. These people running the show that are skewing the original idea are then directed to God to change the principles from what was to what is now. Therefore, you are not accepting God's direction and are leaning to apostasy.

It's a catch-22 isn't it?

• Neo
    Neo

cyber-sista,

Yep,

I think this indicates where their heads are at. On the second link you mentioned is the "top headlines" which are all stories about witnesses being persecuted or whatever--not one mention of the Asian disaster.

I think this indicates where their hearts are at! They are a printing company with a religious facade - pure and simple.

"For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." - Matthew 6:21

• Neo
    Neo

In the 9/11 terrorist attacks, the leadership in Brooklyn had an excellent opportunity to display their 'Christian love.' But any help given in Bethel to people who were fleeing from Manhattan was timid and apathic at best. There's too much to say in a single post, but it's interesting to note how the WT tried to put a spin on the attacks doing a most weird PR. Their site jw-media.org kept making changes about the kind of help that was offered in the first couple of days. For details about their PR fiasco, check the Watchtower Observer.

There's more! In the following days, most of the official relief effort consisted in offering "comfort" to people around Ground Zero, using - you can guess - WT publications... According to an insider who wrote at the time,

The Governing Body has apparently decided that the safest course is to do nothing. No words of comfort to the Bethel family, no press statements, no relief efforts to the nearby rescue operation have been organized.

Read more in the article Message from Brooklyn Bethel on the Terrorist Attack on the US.

Neo

• undercover
    undercover

Hey Neo,

Better get a better line into the Matrix....your link doesn't work.

edited to add: works now

• undercover
    undercover

double post...like deja view....ohoh Agent Smith is coming....

• Neo
    Neo

undercover, yeah, I noticed and just fixed it. thanks!

Neo

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

I noticed the same thing.

Devon

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit