Only One Religion's WebSite Ignores the Desaster in South Asia

by GermanXJW 68 Replies latest jw friends

• Neo
    Neo

steve2,

We mostly have a critical eye towards the WT in our opinions. But, it should be expected! The WT says they are the "only channel" God is using today!!! And that everyone else is wrong and influenced by the Devil himself, being part of a whore called Babylon, the Great! So the organization should stand up to the test when under scrutiny. They are "spirit-directed" when they demand obedience and are "just imperfect" when they make life-or-death mistakes.

Auntie Jane,

OK, maybe we should give them the benefit of the doubt...they are closed for the holidays! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

That was da best!! ROFL!!!

• davidfrost
    davidfrost

i wish the jw's would close down for good and stop killing people with their insane teachings which are not based on the bible, watch out for those who come to you in sheeps clothing ,for inside they are watchtower wolves. tihs to me is a clear warning, for our day

• davidfrost
    davidfrost

Hi Edge, You forgot a couple other dates that the false prophets, Jehovah Witnesses, have used for either the start of the end of the age or the actual end of the age. In 1798, they said that the start of the last days or the 1260 days of revelation 12 would end at that date, this was found in the three worlds book of 1877, page 114. It was replaced by 1889 in the studies in the scriptures. Other dates they`ve used 1844, in studies of scriptures book page 240, this date was abandoned in the 1930`s, 1874, the start of the invisible presence, this was Russell`s most important date, again found in the three worlds book page 175, or our Lords return page 27. Russell taught this to around 1904, where Russell thought that this year would mark a start of the battle of armageddon, Watchtower 1/15/92, page 21-23, but in the reprint page 1355, SIS page 101. The end of the world 1914, then changed to Christ`s invisible return in 1914 and the start of his reign. This false teaching would keep going until November 1995, Watchtower 11/1/1995, page 17. Also change to the creators promise about the end of the world would come before the 1914 generation would die. They had the cheek to say that this was Yahwehs promise, if that isn`t blasphemy, I don`t know what is. This really makes them false prophets. But back to 1915, they stated the end of the world from 1912 until the start of WW1, this year replaced 1914 in Russells writings in SIS 7, in 1918 they said false religions, especially christendom to be destroyed, they said demons would enter the minds of the clergy. In the book SIS 7, page 128, and 485 then in 1920 they predicted worldwide anarchy and the collapse and fall of earthly governments in the book SIS page 258. In 1925, they claim the end of the world was immediately following the resurrection of men young and old in the book Millions, page 88 & 97, and in the WT magazine 6/15/1922 and also 4/1/1923 and in the book Vindication page 338. Again in 1941 they claimed WW2 was expected to end in armageddon. WT 9/15/1941, page 288. And of course then 1975, and going back to 1925, they actually bought an house in America for the resurrected prophets, with a swimming pool as well, they sold this secretly when it all failed to come true. And even in 1986 they thought the end was coming because the United Nations declared it the year of peace. WT 10/1/1985 page 18. Even in the year 2000 they stated in 1989 that the work of preaching would be completed in the 20th century, it was stated in the WT, 1/1/1989 page 12, but they did change it in their bound volumes to make the text say something different, but you can find it again in WT 10/15/1980 page 31. They have even hinted at the year 2034 stating that Noah preached 120 years, so clinging to a false date of 1914, you can see how they get 2034. Quoting from their own Awake magazine, talking about false prophets, they stated in the Awake magazine, October the 8th 1968 page 23, that people who made false dates and they dates did not come true, they said with bare faced cheek, and I quote, "The end did not come, they were guilty of false prophesying, why? What was missing?" Missing from such people were Yahweh`s truths and the evidence that he was guiding and using them. THIS IS CERTAINLY TRUE OF THE SO CALLED GOVERNING BODY OF JEHOVAH`S WITNESSES, THEY ARE FASLE PROPHETS AND THEIR OWN TEACHINGS CONDEMNS THEM

• twinkletoes
    twinkletoes

Just as many others have said, while we were witnesses, we were encouraged not to donate to worldly organisations - but after coming out of the JWs it is so good to feel HUMAN again, to cry at the plight of the poor people who have lost everything and to feel free to donate with a willing heart. Even if there is a word CROSS in Red Cross!

TWINK

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

Hello JR Bobs Dobbs

Re: The JWs uncaring attitude towards the Tsunami crisis. At a local level, a few years back, (when I unfortunately was a witness) the whole county of Hereford, UK was almost flooded, as we live in an old water mill, only 200yds from the river Wye, the water level came within a few feet of our home and flooded into the cellar under the house, cutting us off. NOT ONE ELDER OUT OF APPROX 10 ELDERS IN THE LOCAL CONG. EVEN BOTHERED TO PHONE TO SEE IF WE WERE OK. The WT seems to breed uncaring "christians" in the Org.

Hebrews 10:24 ?

Kaytee

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

The WT has now updated their site http://www.watchtower.org:

- What's Happening to the Weather?
    - Heed the Warning!
    - How Can I Cope When Tragedy Strikes?

But no specific referance to the Tsunami tragedy.

• undercover
    undercover

They also changed the copyright date to 2005 so the site has been updated since the tragedy but yet no mention of it.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Hi y'all!

Now, come on, we all know the WTBTS is only concerned with their own.

I can assure you that their people will be taken care of just fine, and accidentally they might take care of some other JW's friends and relatives.

There're no doubt in my mind that JWs will be cared for in the best way possible by the WTBTS.

DY

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

I checked both the official JW website and the JW media site. Interestingly, there is no feedback facility, e.g. email us. It appears they want to give out information but actively discourage any comments.

Eyeslice

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit