Only One Religion's WebSite Ignores the Desaster in South Asia

by GermanXJW 68 Replies latest jw friends

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

Indelcio,

Welcome to the board.

Their most recent announcement on jw-media.org is of December 22, 2004.

• Brummie
    Brummie
    *Dodges behind a wall to avoid fiery flames*

Why? You give a good reason for the delay.

Now perhaps you can give just as good explanations for these:

Do they only have PCs in Brooklyn that can be worked on to assist JWs who need to hear from their mother?

Will mother be bragging about how advanced the WT is by using computers that can translate the WT & Awake into how many languages and yet they cant do a simple update to offer their traumatised some sort of comfort?

See the thing about this sort of mother is, she always abandons her children in the time of need.

• Indelcio
    Indelcio

Their most recent announcement on jw-media.org is of December 22, 2004.

Considering I didn't even know that site existed until five minutes ago, I can't explain that. It does profess to be an official site though...

Do they only have PCs in Brooklyn that can be worked on to assist JWs who need to hear from their mother?
    Will mother be bragging about how advanced the WT is by using computers that can translate the WT & Awake into how many languages and yet they cant do a simple update to offer their traumatised some sort of comfort?
    See the thing about this sort of mother is, she always abandons her children in the time of need.

The only computer(s) that can be used to update watchtower.org are in Brooklyn. Since they're moving offices, they wouldn't be hooked up to anything useful. And since I don't know whether the servers are theirs or hosted by someone else, I couldn't tell you whether they'd be able to edit the pages. If the servers are theirs, then they must be hooked up to SOMETHING in which case they should still be able to connect to it from the same place. If they are hosted remotely, then probably not.
    As for the bragging part, I think you might be confusing bragging with factualness. I could say that I beat the crap out of the person I played in the first round of my Worms tourney (I did). That's not bragging, that's making a statement. Bragging would entail various insults/tones of voice/repetitively stating in every message that I won. Like this:

W00T! I won the friggen first round of the torurney. Those losers didn't lack the skills to take me on. I totally pwned their asses. They can go throw themselves in the garbage, because they couldn't beat me even if I was blindfolded and had one hand tied behind my back. Haha, I won! etc

Notice the difference?
    Note: What's the quote tag for this forum?

• jwbot
    jwbot

An update should have been on the jw-media site, this tragedy affected so many. I am very surprised.

• Brummie
    Brummie
    The only computer(s) that can be used to update watchtower.org are in Brooklyn. Since they're moving offices, they wouldn't be hooked up to anything useful. And since I don't know whether the servers are theirs or hosted by someone else, I couldn't tell you whether they'd be able to edit the pages.

So, put simply, you dont know ? Why then would you be defending them? What we do know is that all the religions mentioned in the opening post have rushed to offer some form of support to their followers and even opened up avenues to give aid to those suffering. We DO know this, they found it necessary to find someway to help those suffering. ... but you dont know why the Watchtower hasnt?

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

Indelcio, I would expect their servers to be in their Educational Center in Patterson.

And by the way: during Christmas they featured on watchtower.org something like "Has Christmas lost Christ".

So, they can be pretty uptodate if they wish...

• undercover
    undercover

I'm not surprised. Look at the headlines of the current news releases:

Current News Releases

DateHeadline
    12.22.04Five-year ordeal ends for victim of mob attack (Georgian; Russian)
    10.22.04Imprisonment of conscientious objectors continues in Armenia
    10.20.04Deaf Russians' case ruled admissible in European Court
    10.12.04Armenia registers Jehovah's Witnesses (Armenian; Russian)
    10.06.04French High Court confirms 60-percent confiscatory tax measure on religious donations
    10.04.04Tax on Religious Donations in France
    09.23.04A decade in an Eritrean prison, without charges
    09.23.04International Religious Freedom Report 2004?Eritrea
    09.23.04Deaf Russian citizens given a "voice" in the European Court
    09.06.04Deaf Russian citizens take fight for religious freedom to the European Court
    08.26.04Korea's Constitutional Court recommends introduction of alternative civilian service (Korean)
    08.25.04Korea takes conscience to court (Korean)
    08.23.04Over 300,000 Russians sign petition to President Putin protesting Moscow ban on Jehovah's Witnesses (Russian)

See anything there that doesn't involve JWs and some court fight or persecution? What doesn't involve them as the center of attention does not get mentioned. The tsunami will not get mentioned unless it's to brag of the relief efforts by the WTS to help JWs with no mention of relief efforts for the general poplulace.

• Indelcio
    Indelcio

Well, I've looked around the jw-media site a bit, and noticed a few things.

1) Most things are centered around pursuits for Jehovah's Witnesses.

2) The last update in Humanitarian Efforts was last year.

3) It doesn't list September 11 relief efforts (which I KNOW happened, they were on their front doorstep on the news), or any other relief efforts that I know happened, most notably the hurricane blitz in the south eastern US.

The last two points point to the fact that they don't update humanitarian efforts too frequently (a shame really). Something else noticed is that the other two official sites they list (French and German) are PAINFULLY out of date. Which points to... something no doubt...

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

The German site has been updated on Dec 17th, 2004.

Please define "PAINFULLY out of date".

• Indelcio
    Indelcio

If you look at the update log, you see a big gap in the dates of updates. From March to December, with only one update in December. Even though they have recently updated it, it doesn't remedy the fact that it is out of date.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit