Being a JW Woman - Was It Really That Bad?

by eljefe 74 Replies latest jw friends

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    It had nothing whatsoever to do with my decision to leave. I think women should be put in their proper place.

Brad...........considering your penchant for "sexually oriented thread topics........would that be ahem, "under" you?

• eljefe
    eljefe

Unfortunately, your pseudonym (translated "The Boss") and avitar (angry male), combined with your question provides a psycological profile at least to your ignorance.

Actually the image is a screen grab from Family Guy. The son, Chris, is always talking about the evil monkey in his closet. One episode they give the backstory of the monkey and they say something like "he wasn't always an evil monkey". The monkey is a happy, working stiff. He comes home one day sees his wife in bed with another man and gets mad.

Anyway, it relates to how I wasn't always this bitter. It was only until I saw JW's in bed with filth that I became bitter and angry. Its getting better as time goes by.

Give me some inkblot tests and I will tell you about my childhood.

Also, thanks to all the women who have responded. It very interesting and enlightening.

• eljefe
    eljefe

your pseudonym (translated "The Boss")

You're acting like I went up to some woman and goosed her. Instead of slapping me she said "Oh Boss!". After that I became known as Jefe.

At the risk of exposing myself, here is the real, full story. I took 4 years of Spanish in High School. By the time I was starting my 2rd of Spanish I was better than those who had taken 4 years already. In fact, when we had a non-Spanish speaking substitute, I taught the class. Even when the teacher was there, she would as me to help with language drills in front of the class. As a result, my female Spanish teacher gave me the nickname Jefe. This was my name for in Spanish class my last 2 years of Spanish in High School.

I had a great deal of platonic affection for that teacher, so I kept that nickname in E-mail and online nickname form to remember her by. There you have it.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

"Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar." -- Sigmund Freud

• jwbot
    jwbot

I was "too opinionated" and "not lady like" and they had a problem with me wearing tight clothes...then a problem with me wearing baggy clothes! My dad would only get on my case once someone mentioned something to him. I was not shy abut my beliefs that I felt men and women were equal...and for this, I got a lot of persecution. When I decided to go to college, I was berated by my brother-in-law and his friend about how schooling for me would be useless, and it would be better for me to get married to a guy who was educated rather than me being educated...Well I am way more educated than 99% of the men in that congregation, I was a threat to their headship, their masculinity, their livlihood. I only dated one JW guy and he was for equal rights too...and elders would tell him that he will need to learn to get me to be submissive. heh. Only in the bedroom on occassions bitches!

Fortunately, I grew up in a very egalitarian home and my father and mother had a great relationship (but did not push their equality in others faces they knew that was a bad idea) and thats where I got all my ideas about how great partnerships work in relaitonships, not dictatorships. But I witnessed other women who were abused and could do nothing, and had daugters that only knew abuse, and continues on in life to be abused...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit