The WTBTS's proactive steps at preventing child molestation.

by formerout 140 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• avishai
    avishai

Why don't you answer me , my questions, my challenges? Are there gay animals? Is protecting kids important? Waht do you think of the elders in my bro's case?

• BroBennett
    BroBennett

I am sure that the Silent Lambs Crew are not looking for ways to prevent child abuse and are only looking for JW cases of child abuse for propaganda. When a crime happens, it should be made known to the authorities... that is why ALL JW's pay taxes in the first place.

The only reason the Witnesses might need more protection from what is bad is because they are taught to be babes to badness... and that might be why more pedophiles look for JW children since it is a control issue.

But look! , I have contributed my time to show nine subjects found in the JW web site, and many issues from the Awake to help the Silent Lambs Crew learn how to prevent child molestation... but I doubt they will take the time to read it since it is from JW's.

• undercover
    undercover

BroBennett says:

The authorities should be called at once if someone detects a child has been abused just like I have explained about me calling up the authorities till I know the child is safe.

If you were an elder and it comes to your attention that a child was abused, then the first thing you would do is call the authorities (the authorities being the police)? Even when the instructions from the WTS say to call the Society's legal department first? What if the legal department says that your state(assuming your in the USA) does not require reporting, would you still report?

If the WTS was serious about not only preventing abuse but making sure those that are guilty of it are outed and punished it would stand to reason that the WTS would have local elders contact the proper authorities immediately as the first thing to do when learning of abuse. But as many here and elsewhere can attest to, that is not what happens. The WTS instructs elders to contact the police only when required by law. This practice indicates that the WTS is more concerned with reputation of the organization than they are the safety of children.

• formerout
    formerout

BroBennett,

One poster even said that I have not added to the discussion, and he was the one that asked for my advice, so it seems. And this person will not even tell me his faith to boot... could he be ashamed of telling us all.

You most certainly have added to the discussion, just not in the way that we have asked you to. This is a very unfortunate thing indeed. For I have learned very much about you and have realized a lot more about how, if anything, the WTBTS is getting worse at preventing child molestation.

As I said before, make whatever accusation you wish about me and my faith. I would gladly discuss it with you at any time.

However, we are wise to your tactics here, BroBennett, and I will not allow you to deflect the attention away from where it should be: ON THE SAFETY OF CHILDREN. That is ALL this topic was ever started for. Get off your high horse and get to the same level as the children for a moment. Matthew 18:3 "Unless you turn around and become as young children, you will by no means enter into the kingdom of the heavens."

Brad

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

If I may be so bold, BroBennet, the slave has also warned against thinking you are so strong you can endure the wicked wiles of sites like this. Yet here you are.

Let us suppose that someone does what you have done, let us suppose that someone ignores the counsel in the Awake! Let us further suppose that an abused child, such as I and my sister were, is brave (and I mean BRAVE) enough to report the abuse. Now, isn't it possible that an elder who ignores the instructions to avoid such Web sites might also ignore instructions about how to handle an abuse case?

Curiously,
    B_Ing Invisible

• OldSoul
    OldSoul
    Big Tex: There is no connection whatsoever between homosexualtiy and pedophilia.

Hmm. Well, to whatever degree two demographic groups overlap there could be argued to be a connection, but I get your meaning clearly. It is a statistically substantiated fact that homosexuals are half as likely to be pedophiles as heterosexuals.

• OldSoul
    OldSoul
    The only reason the Witnesses might need more protection from what is bad is because they are taught to be babes to badness...

Sounds suspiciously like a defense for the existence of a clergy class...

• Valis
    Valis

If the JWs were really proactive then why have there been so many lawsuits and claims of molestation? I notice that the top article the JWs website pulls up was printed in 1993. The shit wouldn't have hit the fan now if they had indeed been vigilant about the issue. Also, if you read any of that drivel what you won't find is mention of elder resposibility towards the flock when a child abuse case comes up. I'm betting that most elders don't wanna be held responsible when the facts are revealed that a pedophile has had the run of their congregation. Kind of like the farmer being to lazy to go and chase the fox out of the hen house IMO.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

BroBennett, thank you very much for your smug, complacent take on child abuse and Jehovah's Witnesses. Your viewpoint helps reinforce our reasons for no longer being a part of that organization. As for Silent Lambs, I hope with all my heart that they will continue to irritate and annoy all Jehovah's Witnesses because that means that the subject of child abuse in that religion -- which holds itself above all others as "God's people" -- will always be IN THEIR FACES in such a way that it can't be ignored or swept under the rug. Abuse continues when no one will admit it happens.

And may God damn all child abusers and their supporters/apologists forever and ever, Amen.

Nina

• Golf
    Golf

BroBennett, I'll repeat my question, can the organization say as the Apostle Paul said, "I am clean from the blood of all men?" Did Paul and the Apostles hold back their words against apostasy? No way! If there was a prevalence of pedophilia practiced within the early congregations, do you think for one moment that Paul would have kept silent? Paul was very upset when he learned that "...fornication is reported among YOU, and such fornication as is not even among the nations, that a wife a certain man has of his father." 1 Cor.5 1-13. What did Paul say about the young man who had relations with his step-mother? "Remove the wicked man from your midst!" Can you imagine what he would have said if there were a prevalence of pedophilia? BroBennett, put your thinking cap on! As to proactive steps, my son was in a bubble. Were not Adam & Eve in a 'perfect' bubble? Shall we blame Jehovah for not protecting them? Guest77

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit