The WTBTS's proactive steps at preventing child molestation.

by formerout 140 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• undercover
    undercover
    I agree with full disclosure of pedophiles in the area and I am sure there are updated sites people can go to to view criminals in the area?

Would you agree that disclosure of pedophiles/abusers in the congregation should be made to the members of the congregation so that they can take steps to protect their families? If you do, that goes against the direction from the F&DS who do not allow elders to make public those that have been disciplined for these type offenses.

The right way to deal with the matter would be going to the authorities like I have written down to stop the crime in its tracks and then the criminal can be reported and dealt with in a timely matter.

So you agree that if I as a parent discover this crime has happened to my child I should immediately contact the authorities? Doesn't this go against the counsel from the WTS that the friends go to the elders to handle matters within the congregation and not involve worldly authorities if at all possible?

You may not realize this yet, my brother, but you are on the way out. First you are associating with known apostates. That alone is a DFing offense. At first you only quoted/cut & paste what the WTS printed. But as this thread has developed you are speaking your own thoughts. Thoughts that in small ways does not agree with the official position of the WTS. This is how it starts. Sooner or later, something will snap into place in your brain and you will figure out that the WTS and JWs are not God's spirit directed earthly organization.

Welcome ex-brother Bennett.

• BroBennett
    BroBennett

Here is some proof that I am not always right:

I said this early today on this thred:

So I am sorry for using too much Watchtower information and I no longer think I have all the information needed since I am not the greatest teacher of the bible, maybe someday I can be, the subject of child abuse will never be an easy topic to discuss and it should be kept in the family, the leader of man would be Jesus Christ, and not an elder right?

I don't have all the answers that are being asked left and right, all that I set out to do was post the proactive steps, which I have done that the WTBTS has provided. So I have accomplished my goal.

Rule #2

If a family leader abused or did not act upon the security of his child then he would have to answer to Jesus Christ.

• undercover
    undercover
    If a family leader abused or did not act upon the security of his child then he would have to answer to Jesus Christ.

Yea, like I'm gonna rely on some mythalogical, invisible, storybook character to punish the abuser of my children.

No thanks, I'll take care of it myself.

• Iforget
    Iforget

You are as insane as the BOE who handled my molsetation case. No telling the police. No telling the congregation. shhhh Wait maybe SHE flirted with him!!! OMG YES that is what SHE did. Why else would a 33 year old BROTHER IN LAW try to have sex with his 12 year old sister in law. Oh and to put a cherry on top...they encouraged my sister to stay married to the bastard. Which of course she did.

All should be drawn and quartered. But my day is coming and I will wait patiently for it. In the meantime...if ANYONE so much as breaths the wrong way at my child...they will answer for it.

• BroBennett
    BroBennett

Well thats what the Bible says:

"Certainly if anyone does not provide for those who are his own, and especially for those who are members of his household, he has disowned the faith and is worse than a person without faith."?1 Tim. 5:8.

Kind of like providing materials to the household, this scripture was shown to me by a bible student boxer friend of mine and the main reason he still boxes.

• BroBennett
    BroBennett

Is this the main reason for child abuse???

Research clearly shows that fatherlessness increases the risk of child sexual abuse. One study revealed that out of 52,000 cases of child abuse, "72 percent involved children living in a household without one or both biological parents." The book Fatherless America asserts: "The escalating risk of childhood sexual abuse in our society stems primarily from the growing absence of married fathers and the growing presence of stepfathers, boyfriends, and other unrelated or transient males."

• OldSoul
    OldSoul
    BroBennet: It is never my intention to keep any wrongdoing a secret

Glad to hear it. Having read every post you've made, I assume you refer to both criminal wrongdoing and spiritual wrongdoing. Make sure and let us know how the conversation goes when you tell them what you have been up to on this "apostate" Web site. I'll be very interested in seeing the counsel they give you.

I was sexually abused, not by one of Jehovah's Witnesses, not repeatedly, and not by someone who knew me. My father is in a position to know what happens organizationally in such situations. I got professional counseling. My case is not the norm in this organization.

My older sister was sexually abused. Repeatedly, and it was someone she knew. My parents found out about six months ago. They told her they would support whatever she wanted to do, up to and even pressing criminal charges. She confronted the perpetrator and he admitted it and apologized. Now he is studying to become a Witness. My sister doesn't want to risk damaging his opportunity to learn the truth by pressing charges.

Full props to my sister for being willing to forgive, but WTF!? So, there's another up and coming Ministerial Servant or Elder to prey on the unsuspecting. I mean, when presented with such nearsighted people he had to be giddy at the prospect of so many innocents in one neat little package, with an adorable little holy spirit bow on top for maximum protection.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    Is this the main reason for child abuse???

No, and you know better.

• BroBennett
    BroBennett

That's not something I would of done, forgiving a person for a sin too gross to even talk about. It is a shame people stoop to that level and I think the molester should of been given time to think about it, in jail with some even sicker inmates. Really, it should of been a jail term for the guy but since the crime is likened to a disease, I would hope for some kind of brainwashing clinic on the way out of the jail cell.

• OldSoul
    OldSoul
    "72 percent involved children living in a household without one or both biological parents."

In statistics outside the Organization, yes. This study you quoted was not dealing specifically with extreme-control trust relationships. The prevalence in the world of live-in-boyfriends is going to skew the statistics outside toward single-parent households.

Blinding yourself to reality helps neither the victim nor the potential victims, it helps the perp. Inside the Organization, trust relationships are taken advantage of and there are even more scary prospects that pedophiles can use than are available to perps outside the organization. "You want to live in paradise, don't you?" "You don't want your parents to get disfellowshipped, do you?" The list goes on and on. The child usually understands little of what is happening and knows nearly nothing of potential consequence. The pedophile is in a position of control and is the only voice the child hears. In moments of intense fear and uncertainty a child is especially vulnerable to manipulation by what they hear.

The child's trust prior to abuse creates a negative balance of power for the potential victim. That is all a pedophile needs to sniff out target after target, spreading misery in his or her wake. The potential victim must be seen by the pedophile as having greater power than the pedophile or they will be victimized, it becomes only a question of when and by whom. The quotes you have given have shown no means of shifting that balance of power except in states where the law requires it. Without shifting that balance you have done nothing at all to prevent.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit