The WTBTS's proactive steps at preventing child molestation.

by formerout 140 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• formerout
    formerout

DY,

I respectfuly disagree with this statement of yours:

In this regard the WTBTS is no better or worse than any other religion.

With their words to their followers they say one thing, allowing their followers to feel a false sense of security. With their secret words to the elders, there is a completely different reality going on. This inconsistency makes their structure far worse than most others.

Brad

• Odrade
    Odrade

Okay, "gay pedophile?" One has nothing to do with the other.

As far as the WTS being no different, the policies are handed down to the congregation. In my hometown congregation there is a convicted pedophile that is WELCOMED at congregation and family gatherings. I have seen him sitting or standing with his arms around children at just the age of the children he molested. No one behaves as though they think anything is wrong with this. He is in good standing in the congregation, because the elders believe he has "learned his lesson." I know another brother "in good standing" in a neighboring congregation who is also a pedophile. Very few people know this is what he was removed as elder for. He may no longer be an elder, but he sure as hell isn't being kept away from anyone's daughters. This is what makes the molestation problem WORSE in the JWs than in other religions.

EVEN IF a molestor is handed over to the courts and dealt with properly, so that people in the congregation know about it, (and that is a VERY BIG IF,) when he displays "repentance" he is allowed back in, eventually considered to be "in good standing." Anyone who has a problem with that and continues to avoid the molestor and keep their children from him are advised that they are not being loving brothers and sisters, and to cease protecting their families judging. If the congregation, or some members in it, continue to protcet their children judge, a "marking" talk may be given disciplining the smart rebellious individuals.

Actual practice in the JW religion screams far louder than any article posted on their website. Those articles are just PR. Besides, all of the articles insinuate to the child that if they just "trust in Jehovah" they will be protected. How does the child feel when the molestor gets them anyways? Now they have been molested, but also abandoned by Jehovah. Very poorly presented, with absolutely no regard for even the basics of child psychology.

• formerout
    formerout

Big Tex,

Thanks for all those Watchtower quotes. The reality of what actually goes on is more accurately shown by the secret letters to elders.

I find it appalling that they then turn to the media and flat out lie. Being a lawyer (I'm assuming J.R. Brown is a part of their legal/P.R. team) and lying because your client tells you to is one thing. Saying that you are the one true source of God's communication to humans and then deceiving people with lies is such a contradiction to what God stands for in actuality makes me realize how good the rest of the world is outside of the WTBTS.

Brad

• avishai
    avishai

IMO, JR Clown is a dipshit.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    I find it appalling that they then turn to the media and flat out lie

Yeah I agree. One thing I've learned in life is once someone shows you who they are, don't forget it. The organization are two-faced liars without a care for the individual. The more I research and hear the more I'm convinced of that fact.

I honestly do not know how these men can live with themselves.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I skipped over some of this thread, so I apologize if I repeat a point - I just can handle only so much Bullshit when it comes to this matter - words words words - where is the action my friend?

On another board Brobennett said:

If a priest gets in trouble with some "christian" organization... they just get placed somewhere else and thus the cycle continues. Money needs to keep flowing so it is unfortunate for those false religions to keep unclean ones.

This is precisely what Jw's did in Texas. They moved a pedophile elder from Dumas to Amarillo. They never told a soul and he was soon at his nastiness in the new cong. The whole story is carefully documented with news articles ect on www.silentlambs.org

My oh my - how we ignore facts and just jump back to the old refrain - of how we would act in that situation.

You won't get much support for your apologetics here

Jeff

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Amen, Bro. Avishai.

Nina

• formerout
    formerout

Odrade,

Good points. I love this:

Anyone who has a problem with that and continues to avoid the molestor and keep their children from him are advised that they are not being loving brothers and sisters, and to cease protecting their families judging. If the congregation, or some members in it, continue to protcet their children judge, a "marking" talk may be given disciplining the smart rebellious individuals.

Only people who have been JW's and have since left can truly understand the love shown by the organization the HYPOCRISY OF THE ORGANIZATION.

BroBennett,

We are all in agreement here that there will always be people who will do vile and disgusting things. My original question to you, which you have not yet answered is:

What is the WTBTS doing to PREVENT these perverse people of society from being able to perform these heinous acts????!!!!

Please, no more simplistic and, quite frankly, prejudiced comments of yours about being the true voice of God. For arguments' sake, pretend you've conviced me that you are right but I want this one thing answered before I join, since I have four kids, aged 10, 7, 6, 4.

Brad

• pennycandy
    pennycandy

I have to say, my molester is still serving as elder in my hometown congregation, to my knowlege never judicially disciplined.

Of all five of my closest girlfriends growing up, all but one had been molested. Maybe the other one was also but we've never discussed it.

None of these to my knowledge were reported to authorities.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I'm sorry pennycandy. That's an awful thing to have in common with your friends.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit