The WTBTS's proactive steps at preventing child molestation.

by formerout 140 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Golf
    Golf

BroBennett, My oldest son (40) was molested at a tender age when my wife and I were on a trip. We don't know who molested him and he's never told us and neither did we press the issue,he prefers it that way. As a parent and grandparent you feel the hurt and ugliness of this act. My son was in a bubble, did it prevent him from being sexually abused?

To give advice or suggestions from experience is far different than quoting sources such as the WT publications. I have often quoted Paul's words at Romans 2:21, "...do you, however the one teaching someone else not teach yourself?..."

The questions posed by forum members deserve experienced answers not quotes. Can the org. say as the Apostle Paul said, "I am clean from the blood of all men?"

Guest77

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

very well said guest77.. i applaud your choice of words.

To give advice or suggestions from experience is far different than quoting sources such as the WT publications. I have often quoted Paul's words at Romans 2:21, "...do you, however the one teaching someone else not teach yourself?..."

The questions posed by forum members deserve experienced answers not quotes. Can the org. say as the Apostle Paul said, "I am clean from the blood of all men?"
  • BroBennett
    BroBennett
    As far as this topic goes, I really was hoping that you could me show steps that are being taken to clean up the mess your organization's belief structure has caused.

I can now understand that your main hope is trying to prevent me from showing the obvious truths instead of trying to help people prevent child molestation, you should be ashamed of yourself for such a ploy. What has your religion... if you have one, done to prevent child abuse.

My religion follows the word of God to the T, it has never changed and has never supported gays and lesbians like Disney has done sponsering gay and lesbian pride with a parade. Being gay or lesbian can be catagorized as another form of gross sexual sin much like child molestation. You don't see any animals doing that. Don't respond to my posts any longer Brad, I can't stand hypocracy. You never really wanted me to post steps in the first place.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    My religion follows the word of God to the T

Very much in doubt, which is one reason this board exists.

it has never changed

Are you sure about that? Let's see, just in predicting Armageddon, they used to say it would come in 1874, then in 1914, then in 1925, then in 1975. They used to say heaven was located in the Pledides, or that vaccinations were evil and therefore forbidden. I could go on and on.

In this thread I've shown you several instances from their own literature of how they change their stance on child abuse based on who they talk to.

Being gay or lesbian can be catagorized as another form of gross sexual sin much like child molestation

This thread is about child abuse. Please do not bring up homosexuality again. If you want to talk about it, start another thread.

You don't see any animals doing that

Well yeah actually some do. Again, if you want to discuss this, please start another thread.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl
    I am aware of the Silent Lambs ploy to attack God's people, that way they take attention off from the serious matters at hand, worshiping Jehovah.

It seems to me that part of worshipping Jehovah would be to protect the children in the congregation, and I can hardly find any more serious matter than *that*. It seems a rampant attitude among the Witnesses that anyONE that points out serious moral, ethical and spiritual deficiencies is only there to torment and persecute them. However, they would not be the ones pointing the fingers at the Catholic Church now would they? Not *them*!

As far as animals not acting in homosexual ways, you've got a *lot* to learn about God's creation, my good man. Please see: http://www.bonobo.org/HOMEnew.html

Country Girl

• formerout
    formerout

BroBennett,

Do you actually analyze what you are saying? Read my comment and your response again.

As far as this topic goes, I really was hoping that you could me show steps that are being taken to clean up the mess your organization's belief structure has caused.

I can now understand that your main hope is trying to prevent me from showing the obvious truths instead of trying to help people prevent child molestation, you should be ashamed of yourself for such a ploy. What has your religion... if you have one, done to prevent child abuse.

My religion follows the word of God to the T, it has never changed and has never supported gays and lesbians like Disney has done sponsering gay and lesbian pride with a parade. Being gay or lesbian can be catagorized as another form of gross sexual sin much like child molestation. You don't see any animals doing that. Don't respond to my posts any longer Brad, I can't stand hypocracy. You never really wanted me to post steps in the first place. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- What the heck are you talking about? I state that I genuinely wanted to hear positive news about some prevention and you say that I was hoping to "prevent you from showing" these exact same things? What on earth is wrong with you? Don't even suggest for one second that you have any idea about what my main hope is. Then, even though you still have never responded to my original question about what ACTUAL steps your religion is doing to help, you ask me what my religion has done??!!!! All here know that is the ultimate denial of reality. Only in your completely irrational mind am I a hypocrite. You can say what you will, BroBennett, an accusation from a mind such as yours is not a criticism at all. Now don't take this for anything other than what I am trying to say. OK??!! I am saying it, not you!! You need some major help buddy. You are completely deluded. Unlike you, I recognize that it is not my place to tell you to 'not repond to my posts'. You may do as you will BroBennett. However I will tell you that you are one of the most idiotic of any JW's I have ever met. The more you hang around here the more you make the WTBTS look like a screwed up organization. You are honestly not helping them. For the sake of whatever positive feelings that any of us here have for the WTBTS you would do well to leave and send someone else to defend them. The more you defend them, with your insane "logic", the worse you make them look. Now, I truly do feel sorry for you. Take that as an insult or simply an observation... your pick. Out in this world we have freedom. Even simple freedoms like giving our personal observations. Your demand for me to not respond to your posts shows you for who you really are. I don't even have to say it. All who read this knows already. Brad

• avishai
    avishai
    Being gay or lesbian can be catagorized as another form of gross sexual sin much like child molestation.

No it can't It's COMPLETELY DIFFERENT!!! Homosexuality is sexual contact between CONSENTING ADULTS!!! Child abuse is RAPE!!!!! No comparison, period. Idiot.

You don't see any animals doing that

The hell you don't!!! You've never seen two male, or female dogs, cows or pigs going at it? You must live in the city, because living in farm country I saw it ALL THE TIME!!!!! Bonobos chimps, which are very close too us genetically are nearly ALL bisexual. Geez, learn something. Equating homosexuality with child rape is SOOO insulting to me, a molestation victim myself. And to law abiding gay's. I'm getting you a belt buckle with your name on it so when you pull your head out you'll know what it is.

• avishai
    avishai

PS

another form of gross sexual sin much like child molestation.

Child rape is rarely about "Sex" It's about power and control.

• Swan
    Swan

Mr. Bennett,

You wrote,

I am aware of the Silent Lambs ploy to attack God's people, that way they take attention off from the serious matters at hand, worshiping Jehovah. The Bible shows that there will be ridiculers in the last days.. I do not have children, but I have had neices and nephews that have been kept safe from pedophiles. Only one child in another congregation has been put though this and the child has recieved much needed help at the accurance of this gross sin. The child molester was not a witness.

So are you saying that worshiping Jehovah is a serious matter, and by implication, bringing attention to cases of child molestation in JWs is not? Are you saying that worshiping Jehovah is more important than attending to the sexually-abused children in your midst? I think that a god who would not want this matter cleared up within his own church right away is a god who is not worthy of worship.

You are fortunate that you only know of one case of child abuse. I personally have had the displeasure of knowing four molesters within the JWs, two just in one congregation alone. There were at least 8 victims, that I am aware of, maybe more.

Of these four, three molesters were still allowed in the congregation. Only one was disfellowshipped, and that was because he admitted he was guilty and then went to prison. It was known by family members, some of whom were elders, that he had served time for this before.

Of the four, three were ministerial servants, and one was a former elder, but he was serving as an elder at the time of the abuse, I understand.

Of the three that weren't disfellowshipped, the first was removed from his position as a Ministerial Servant, put on reproof for 6 months, and then we were told to treat him like a brother since he had served his punishment (weekend jail time and public reproof). The wives in the congregation were counseled to provide the "marital due" to keep their husbands from looking elsewhere to satisfy their sexual needs. This was part of the local needs talk. The elders bought this guy's claim that his wife was partially at fault for him molesting his two very young (under 5) granddaughters because she was bedridden with illness and couldn't give him sex. Later on he became a ministerial servant again.

The second was a young man who was the son of an elder. He molested at least one daughter (under 5) and when his wife found out she left him and took their two daughters with her. After divorcing, she got a worldly boyfriend, so the congregation reasoned that this was just a trumped up charge on the wife's part. They claimed that she coached the young daughter into describing all of these sexual terms to the child therapist. They claimed it was because she wanted to leave the marriage and the religion, take up with a worldly boyfriend, and still retain custody of the children. They speculated that she had had this boyfriend for years before the abuse situation and that she planned it all. She was disfellowshipped. The father still remained a ministerial servant, although he was removed temporarily while all this was playing out. Now he is back in good standing. I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't an elder now. The state, however, saw fit to jail him, and supervise his visits with his children. The congregation called this a miscarriage of justice.

The last one was a man with several daughters, three of whom believed he abused them. They came from avery strict household with a lot of parental control. They weren't allowed to go to public school. They were home schooled by their mother. When the older three girls matured and got married, one of them, who remembered clearly what had happened, went to the elders once she was out of the house. The other two did not have clear memories of what had happened, but believed something did as it explained several questions about their past. Because their father denied their charges, and since only one had a clear memory, the elders ruled that it was just one witness, and therefore nothing could be done. I was counseled to accept Jehovah's law in this matter and trust in him to take care of things. I was also counseled to behave civilly toward this man, and speak to him at gatherings. These accusations, unsubstantiated by two witnesses, were not to be held against him. I did so anyway and I feared for the other three daughters still at home. The daughter who remembered the abuse, along with her two infants, were killed about a year later when she crossed the center line into the path of a cement truck. The family reasoned that she had had a diabetic seizure.

So Mr. Bennett, you are very fortunate indeed. I wish I could claim not to have known any JW child molesters.

Tammy

• BroBennett
    BroBennett
    Gulf states, To give advice or suggestions from experience is far different than quoting sources such as the WT publications. I have often quoted Paul's words at Romans 2:21, "...do you, however the one teaching someone else not teach yourself?..."

I gave suggestions from both sources if you read all that I posted. Some advice was in fact from my experiences. Were you able to use the suggestions that I stated which are proactive and available to all on this thred? According to some people on this forum, they would rather throw it all away and burn those suggestions which would be wrong according to those who follow the guidelines of the Bible.

"Jehovah himself gives wisdom; out of his mouth there are knowledge and discernment. And for the upright ones he will treasure up practical wisdom; for those walking in integrity he is a shield." (Prov. 2:6, 7)

All should know that God is the wisest and able to give advice to us humans, and that is where this information is from.

One poster even said that I have not added to the discussion, and he was the one that asked for my advice, so it seems. And this person will not even tell me his faith to boot... could he be ashamed of telling us all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit