The WTBTS's proactive steps at preventing child molestation.

by formerout 140 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• BroBennett
    BroBennett

Yes, kind of like the whole made for freedom deal. Well I am glad I came back to visit after so long. I never like having words put in my mouth with each and every meeting so I will try to think more of my own words next time I post or even start a post.

• formerout
    formerout

Well what can one Jehovah's Witness do about changing the whole two witness rule along with the head of the family rule?

BroBennett,

There is no sarcasm in this post despite that some of my other posts have been very strong in their replies to you. I applaud you as well for asking that question. Not to be rude but is the first great question you have asked.

I agree with OldSoul. Trust that you know what's better for the kids than an organization that is slow at changing the rules they make. People like Bill Bowen, who stood up under adversity and fought for the kids, have made the WTBTS begin to change their stance a little bit. All here wish it could be quicker but it is at least getting them to realize they have to adapt.

What if there was one Bill Bowen in every hall? What if you start to question it? You are the most capable person at changing them. It's a long slow process but the rewards are great!!

Again BroBennett, I applaud you for asking the question. I pray that you will keep that question in your mind, even if you don't feel comfortable yet in taking any big steps at exposing how their rules hurt kids. Getting that question to come out was the first step, keeping it there is the next....all else will follow.

Brad

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Yes, you have "saved face", but the joke/parody has gone on long enough. You and I know what you are. I will say I do not appreciate this subject being used for your amusement. This topic is close to my heart, as I lived with the pain for years.

Enough is enough.

• elder_abuse_survivor
    elder_abuse_survivor

Proactive? My ASS!!!! I was molested for four years by an elder and received NO HELP FROM THE WTBTS AT ALL!!!!! Of course, as soon as soon they had a chance to DF me later, they jumped on it in one day. I have now been reinstated for many years, and still have received no help at all. Their anwswer - READ THE BIBLE. And to that I say BULLSHIT! One of Jehovah's spirit anointed elders abused me, and I'm supposed to believe in the Bible now? What a joke! My lawsuit is going forward nicely, and I can't wait to see the WTBTS squirm in court.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I'm sorry to hear that EAS. Have you sought any professional help, from a psychologist or someone trained in dealing with adult survivors? It's a difficult road, but ultimately rewarding. It helps tremendously to have the demons gone.

By the way, howdy and welcome.

• elder_abuse_survivor
    elder_abuse_survivor

I can't afford counseling, and of course the WTBTS is offering no assistance. It is sad that they were so unwilling to help me, and now that I have a lawsuit filed against them and the molester, ex elder A.W. "Red" Harriman of the Colfax California congregation, they want nothing to do with me. But at least they gave him assistance by reinstating him without any proof of repentance, even after he admitted to doing it!!!! I currently have 5 other people ready to testify that he did it to them too, and the elders still won't re-disfellowship him. And instead of just agreeing to help us victims out, the Governing Body would rather spend 8x as much defending itself in court. I thought that by coming back in I would be worthy of their love and support, but I was majorly mistaken. I forgot that only the molestor gets that.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

elder-abuse-survivor - that is absolutely awful -I wish you every success and hope they have to pay through the nose - a 2 million dollar lawsuit would be great - 5 million even better

• elder_abuse_survivor
    elder_abuse_survivor

Yes, it would. But mostly I want the pervs money. He has a lot stashed away, he even used to have stacks of $10,000 hidden around his property - lots and lots of stacks. But money from the WTBTS would be alright too.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Far be it from me to jump in, but I was DF'ed once for fonicating with a man...OH my. One of the elders on my committee had a son who did the same thing right about the same time, The son was not Disfellowshipped.

I was disfellowshipped the second time for commiting adultry after I got tired of having my 115 lb body beat by my 6 ft 8 husbands hands, (I asked for help from the elder in my congregation and none came.) I found out later the elder I asled for help repeatedly beat his family members. Oh and one of his daughters was a child molester. Both still witnesses, and not disfellowshipped.

Begged and looked real sorry for years, and was refused time and again, by an elder who committed adultry during that time of refusing to meet with me, with one of the pioneers. He was never disfellowshipped.

Finally got back in and went to a public park to meet someone who left poetry on my car and was raped. Brutal and all. Who would believe me with my crazy DF'ede self. I will never be REPENTAT for being raped. I was disfellowshipped and the good ol' boy is back in the pack and married o a nice witness gal.

I have a sister that was GY and never was disfellowshipped. She is now married to a man, so they think she is all cured. (BTW I dont have anything against being gay.

BUT MOSTLY ...

BUT I have a family member who went to prison for child MOLESTATION. Got out, and still has never been DF'ed. Some people avoid him, and some actually load his car with kids to go to assembly. Still in the congregation. I am not angry anymore, but do not tell me that they do not cover up and protect very harmful people. My sisters and one brother and I were molested by someone(S) in the congregation while young and no one ever threw them out, and no one ever asked me for a reason for my crazy behavior. NOR HELPED.

I found we were exposed to at least 13 Rapist and Child molesters in my short life, and I do not condem the truly caring people that exist in the congregations, I just do not want to put my children into an organization, MAN Made organization where they may have to pay such a high price and possoibly be targeted because the sheeplike are easy prey. They know about God, and they are given open minded things to think about... Mostly they are alowwed to THINK!

• stillconcerned
    stillconcerned

sigh

(reading bro bennett thread)

Denial is a strong taskmistress.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit