The Kingdom of God (The "Good News" will be preached)

by Ray of Light 69 Replies latest watchtower bible

• gumby
    gumby
    Present your evidence otherwise.

If you want evidence, look in your Jehovah's Witness Large Print bible in the forward. It plainly says the divine name was more properly Yahweh, although it isn't known for sure.

Jehovah is an accepted English usage coined by a 10th century Catholic monk.

Gumby

• FMZ
    FMZ

My evidence is the world itself. Who do we look up to, who do we respect? Not the most religious people... but the most loving and caring people. We get that amazing feeling when we do something truly selfless, and feel that tinge of guilt when we carelessly hurt someone. THAT is what our conscience is. Our conscience doesn't have the word "Jehovah" built in.

As for my image. It is not negative, nor violent. Although I feel that either way you would not understand, I will explain why I don't feel it to be scary. It represents a part of life, that is to say, death. Death is just another scene in the unending movie that is our life. We are here to learn, and to progress, all in love.

In the tarot, there is a card named "Death". It scares a lot of people initially, but what it represents is actually a quite beautiful thing. Although death is the end of something, it is also the beginning of something else. Throughout our lives, we die and are reborn numerous times, through experiences. Ever heard the expression "It changed my life"? That is what death is, it is a rebirth, a growing into a new life.

So, that explains why I do not feel the avatar to be negative, now for the reason I actually have it as my avatar... it was my halloween makeup and I thought it looked cool. Simple huh? Like so many other things in life.

FMZ

• formerout
    formerout

Shamus,

Was that comment meant to be disrespectful to FMZ? It seemed to be to me, but I may have misunderstood. I personally think that FMZ's belief is true. I don't necessarily say that God IS love. I just think that Love is Love. Nice is Nice. Positive is Positive. The opposite of these, all attributed to Satan, are simply the opposite, inevitable possibilities of the BETTER thoughts/actions.

Seems to me that neither God nor Satan truly exist in how most religions teach it. They are all available as choices for us to take each and every day, however, it seems that humans have found it easier to just give them entire personas, separate from our own psyche, in order to more easily judge others and ourselves.

That's kind of why I dislike the JW religion and other high-control religions the most...... they condemn themselves, first and foremost.... sure they are not aware of it, but to have the opinion that 99% of the world is evil does not allow yourself too much self-respect does it?

Brad

• formerout
    formerout

Ray of Light,

You can pretty much just read what I said in my last post so as to determine how much I value your need for proof and your own insult of FMZ. You're probably gonna take a shit-kicking here anyway. Don't take it personal. Take it as a chance to expand the mind.

Brad

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Ray of LIght = BrownBoy

• FMZ
    FMZ
    I just think that Love is Love. Nice is Nice. Positive is Positive. The opposite of these, all attributed to Satan, are simply the opposite, inevitable possibilities of the BETTER thoughts/actions.

Just a quick point by myself also... hehe... I don't necessarily hold that what is attributed to Satan is the opposite of love, but simply an absence of love.

I don't think Shamus meant it to be disrespectful, I think it was meant in good humor. Either way, he owes me no respect. I am no-one.

FMZ

• Ray of Light
    Ray of Light
    Ray, with all due respect for yourself and your beliefs, you have the same amount of evidence that "Jehovah" is God's name as Muslims do that "Allah" is his name... or any other religion for that matter.

If you had a beautiful child that was a loving and caring person, but could never quite remember your name, would you love him any less?

FMZ

There is geologic evidence FMZ...........look it up on the internet

• shamus
    shamus
    Was that comment meant to be disrespectful to FMZ? It seemed to be to me, but I may have misunderstood. I personally think that FMZ's belief is true. I don't necessarily say that God IS love. I just think that Love is Love. Nice is Nice. Positive is Positive. The opposite of these, all attributed to Satan, are simply the opposite, inevitable possibilities of the BETTER thoughts/actions.

Seems to me that neither God nor Satan truly exist in how most religions teach it. They are all available as choices for us to take each and every day, however, so it is seems that humans have found it easier to just give them entire personas, separate from our own psyche, in order to more easily judge others and ourselves.

That's kind of why I dislike the JW religion and other high-control religions the most...... they condemn themselves, first and foremost.... sure they are not aware of it, but to have the opinion that 99% of the world is evil does not allow yourself too much self-respect does it?

I can't believe that someone can read that much into one sentence. Can't you see the humour in the irony? God is love... bullet in head... didn't mean anything.... overload...

The botchtower put "jehovah" into the bible. Nobody else ever did. Why don't you get off your butt and present your evidence and enlighten us, like you said you were going to.

I'm waiting, although I expect that you'll run away and we'll never hear from you again. Another internet preacher.

• shamus
    shamus

Notice how "Ray Of Light" isn't defending himself over the 'brownboy' accusation.

Brownboy, go listen to some death-metal.

• shamus
    shamus

Oh, this ought to get him going.

Jehovah cleans my bathroom. I pay him with cigarettes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit