The Kingdom of God (The "Good News" will be preached)

by Ray of Light 69 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Ray of Light
    Ray of Light

Hello everyone,

My alias is "Ray of Light" and I have some information to post regarding the Kingdom of God. I will present some scriptures along with some reasonings to ponder over.

Jehovah, the God of Abraham is a loving God, and humans are created in His image. God is perfect, so how can it be that we as imperfect humans, would have more compassion for our loved ones than God? Keep in mind that all creations of God have free will. God has to respect that aspect, and He has to act accordingly.

I will show you that Jehovah has been misrepresented, and that there is no reason to fear God in the way that has been taught throughout history. If you are familiar with the bible then you are aware that Satan, the one who has misled the entire nations, will be bound for one thousand years when Christ returns in his glory to judge the nations. Here is my first question:

Would it be just to bind Satan for one thousand years, while bringing destruction to humans, who have been misled and influenced by him and his demons?

The destruction of humans would not be "Good News" by any means. Please participate in this open discussion as we try to understand the intent of the only true God, Jehovah.

A Fellow Slave of Christ

• shamus
    shamus

Jehovah isn't god's name.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Ray,

You are proceeding on 2 very big assumptions right from the start:

1) Jehovah is a real God.

2) The Bible is really God's word.

If either or both of these assumptions are false then it is a waste of time to proceed any farther in your speculation.

• FMZ
    FMZ

Hi Ray (teehee). Here is another point of view, much simpler to assimilate...

God is love. Simple as that. God doesn't just love everyone, he isn't full of love. God is love.

As for Satan, he isn't the root of all evil, merely a scapegoat. We are to blame for our own sins. We need to look to God... and in turn, we need to love absolutely. In love we act in all goodness. With a lack of love, and in darkness, we fall into our own traps of selfishness, greed, etc..

"Jehovah" isn't the one true God, just as Ba'al or Allah aren't the true Gods. They are all just placeholders, mere representations of how the people of different cultures describe God.

If you want to worship God, worship him completely.

To paraphrase: "Love LOVE itself with your whole heart, body and soul".

FMZ

• shamus
    shamus

God is love from a guy with a bullet in his head.. LOL!

• Ray of Light
    Ray of Light
    Jehovah isn't god's name.

Present your evidence otherwise.

• Ray of Light
    Ray of Light
    Hi Ray (teehee). Here is another point of view, much simpler to assimilate...

God is love. Simple as that. God doesn't just love everyone, he isn't full of love. God is love.

As for Satan, he isn't the root of all evil, merely a scapegoat. We are to blame for our own sins. We need to look to God... and in turn, we need to love absolutely. In love we act in all goodness. With a lack of love, and in darkness, we fall into our own traps of selfishness, greed, etc..

"Jehovah" isn't the one true God, just as Ba'al or Allah aren't the true Gods. They are all just placeholders, mere representations of how the people of different cultures describe God.

If you want to worship God, worship him completely.

To paraphrase: "Love LOVE itself with your whole heart, body and soul".

FMZ

Present your evidence to support your thinking. Satan was a creation of God with free will also. And you are correct when you say that we are to blame for our own sins. There are times when we act on our own, but it is based upon the what we have seen and practiced. When satan is bound, then we all have an opportunity to correct our ways before he is let loose again. Why do you paint yourself with such a negative image? Your image is very scary.........looks rather violent.

• FMZ
    FMZ

Ray, with all due respect for yourself and your beliefs, you have the same amount of evidence that "Jehovah" is God's name as Muslims do that "Allah" is his name... or any other religion for that matter.

If you had a beautiful child that was a loving and caring person, but could never quite remember your name, would you love him any less?

FMZ

• boa
    boa

Ray of Light....I mistakenly told someone that I didn't think you were a JW coming here to preach....

However, your posts so far, including your first may show me to be mistaken.

Are you a jw coming to apologize for the cult???

Inquiring minds want to know....

BTW....welcome to JWD.....we like all kinds here.....

boa...

• Carmel
    Carmel

Another big assumption, this satan story is about a personified exterior evil god. Sorry, don't buy it or the literalism of your world view.

carmel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit