THE INFORMATION AGE AND NEW JW MARKETING CHANGES

by seven006 62 Replies latest jw friends

• Polemotheos
    Polemotheos

O, and one more thing,

Your right we or truth rather is starting to control the WTS. Our internet congregations are read by the WTS.

I have an omnipresence essay we have been studying and the WTS printed an artical in rebuttal to it. It's great. One of there most well written articals although I disagree with a few points.

• seven006
    seven006

Pole,

You really don't want me to scrutinize your co-op. I do not believe in Jehovah, or any other amalgamation of ancient god figures. Religious myth is nothing more to me then passed down stories contrived and embellished around the camp fires of ancient traveling used car salesmen. Take some time to type in the "the similarities between Krishna, Buddha, Jesus, Osiris-Dyonisis," in an internet browser and prepare to experience some real enlightenment. Holy book super heroes are nothing more then cut and paste stories told and exchanged by traveling merchants and then brought back to their homes and skewed to fit their own home grown god heroes. Reading about the astonishing similarities will open your eyes and make you say "holy shit" at least a hundred times. An open logical mind is all you need.

I wish you luck with your co-op and hope you can step out of the confines of the Christian take on everything and discover the real truth about the history of religion.

It's more entertaining then a modern day sci-fi trilogy.

Dave

PS: One more thing, it's you're.....not your. It's not your fault, you were raised in a cult.

• upside/down
    upside/down
    CONCLUSION
    In short, they are loosing their customers and their ability to attract new ones, and they know it

"short"?- lol

Hey anyway, I loved your essay and it was a good "read". Good job for being cixelsyd.

It pisses me off when people with so-called learning disabilities do almost everything better than me- I guess I'm just not "special".

Thanks again!

u/d

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista
    ***In short they are ghouls for god plagiarizers who exploit minorities and ignorance.*** YA GOT IT DANNY!

Exploiting minorities and ignorance is the same exact market drug dealers exploit. Escaping reality is a real profitable market--YES!

Great topic--good thoughtful comments--thanks everyone I'm saving this one....

• seven006
    seven006

upside,

Trust me, dyslexia is more of an alternative perspective ability than a learning disability. A large portion of dyslexic people are highly intelligent. We just can't spell for shit or read sentences with small type faces. We're not special, we're just different.

D.

• Polemotheos
    Polemotheos

Dave,

You really don't want me to scrutinize your co-op. I do not believe in Jehovah,

Sure I do. Genius comes from many backgrounds. While your self identification limits you in certain ways the image of the divine still breaths through you whether you like it or not.

or any other amalgamation of ancient god figures. Religious myth is nothing more to me then passed down stories contrived and embellished around the camp fires of ancient traveling used car salesmen. Take some time to type in the "the similarities between Krishna, Buddha, Jesus, Osiris-Dyonisis,"

Where did man come from? What is the purpose of life?

in an internet browser and prepare to experience some real enlightenment. Holy book super heroes are nothing more then cut and paste stories told and exchanged by traveling merchants and then brought back to their homes and skewed to fit their own home grown god heroes. Reading about the astonishing similarities will open your eyes and make you say "holy shit" at least a hundred times. An open logical mind is all you need.

Here is what my hero says;

?Love your enemies? ?Do good to those hating you?
    ?Bless those cursing you?
    ?Pray for those who are insulting you?
    -Jesus Christ

Are these not the most beautiful teachings to ever be spoken? What if we actually followed them?

I wish you luck with your co-op and hope you can step out of the confines of the Christian take on everything and discover the real truth about the history of religion.

Thanks Dave. I would add that everything people call "christain" is not christain at all. Trinity, hell fire, pergetory, christmas, Easter, holidays, cross, etc... I see how it is so easy for intelligent people to say what's the difference. Infact that is what I say.

It's more entertaining then a modern day sci-fi trilogy.

More of a tragicomedy in my eyes.

• seven006
    seven006

***Sure I do. Genius comes from many backgrounds. While your self identification limits you in certain ways the image of the divine still breaths through you whether you like it or not.***

I am limited by nothing. I have an extremely open mind. I just do not succumb to the narrow focus of what some can never see beyond. Just because you say the divine breaths through me does not make it so. I have been told the same thing by those who believe Krishna, Buddha, Allah and Jesus are the divine. Your take on who is or is not divine is primarily determined by where you were born and how that culture perceives the particular definition of divine. You seem to limit your perception of who and what is divine by a geographical happenstance. If you were born in a part of the world where the popular god hero was someone besides the Christian take on it, you would swear that personification of the divine was the one breathing through my body and equally assured of that conviction and yourself.

You ascribe to the Christian take on it all because a blood thirsty Roman Emperor said the Christian religion was the official religion of the then time leader of the western world and then handed it down to us like an all consuming plague. He himself "Constantine" was a believer in the universal sun god before, during, and after he proclaimed the Christian faith the official faith of the Roman Empire. He did not say it was the "true faith" or "right faith" but only the "official faith so he could get the Christians in the eastern territories to help him conquer their own Caesar Maxentius at the Battle at the Milvian Bridge to make Constantine the overall emperor of both the eastern and western territories." Broaden your horizons and read some history books. Constantine only proclaimed to be a Christian and convert when he was on his death bed because he liked the lessor penalties it believed in for people like himself who were such a son of a bitch, conniving, power hungry murderer. Constantine is also the one who got with his power hungry religious advisors to decide which books of myth would make up what Christians now call the New Testament. Pick up a history book and find out why.

***Where did man come from?***

I think judging by the Christian, Jewish, and Muslim take on it, I think it was dirt. But other religions, depending on the popular theory in their neighborhood, think man came from somewhere or something else. I like to look at a subject and break it down according to it's make up. Saying that and realizing the human body is made up mostly of water, my guess would be water over dirt. But that's just stupid science. When the hell has science ever been right about anything?

*** What is the purpose of life?***
    We humans are the only species on earth who are arrogant enough to think we have some kind of purpose in life. Ask any of the 40 million species of animals on the same planet what they think their purpose of life is. We are so full of ourselves we think this planet and all it's inhabitants are here for us to do with as we please. We are the only species who kill for other reasons than food or self defense. We are the only ones who kill for a belief and justify that belief because we think we have some kind of god condoms in our pocket to protect us from our arrogance and stupidity. We think we are more than specks on a speck of specks and god doesn't have anything better to do in this universe of billions of planets and solar systems than to listen to our thoughts and protect us from loosing what we grant ourselves the delusion of thinking is more important then the workings of the universe. Why? because we think so. Our belief in god is for our own neurotic existence and mental insecurities. We close our minds to the concept that maybe we are just simply here. No real reason, no real purpose, just here. Just like all the other animals on the planet.

***Here is what my hero says;
    “Love your enemies”
    “Do good to those hating you”
    “Bless those cursing you”
    “Pray for those who are insulting you”
    -Jesus Christ***

I am always amazed that Christians, Buddhist, Hindus, Muslims, Jews and alike think positive comments regarding how to be civil and love your neighbor, and or enemy, is exclusive to each and every one of their religions. They also all disregard the fact that each and every one of their holy books contradict those positive concepts by talking about how their enemies should be treated quite the opposite as much or more in other parts of their holy writings. It is so easy and so tiring to see them all do this. This is the epitome of narrow minded attempts to convince themselves that only their god can love people and at the same time how their god can beat up the other guys god.

Believe it or not Pole, you could fill a moon crater with the volume of what you don't know about religions of the world and how they are similar in making the same kind of quotes you have just attributed to your personal mythical god hero Jesus. Try reading something outside of the very "limited" Christian theory.

***Thanks Dave. I would add that everything people call "Christian" is not Christian at all. ***

No kidding. If you did a little research you would find out many things Christ supposedly said was said by other god heroes hundreds of years before he supposedly said it. But since you have a "limited" knowledge of anything outside the JW or christian shoe box sized volume of religious propaganda, I don't expect you to know that.

***I see how it is so easy for intelligent people to say what's the difference. Infact that is what I say.***

That's a good start but it is a lot more reassuring to do some digging and have a better reason for saying "what's the difference" then simply saying it because you have given up or are too lazy to do find out for yourself. Then and only then will you have a knowledgeable backing to say "what's the difference" and know exactly why you have said it.

You seem like a good kid, not incredibly informed, but a good kid just the same. There is a great big world of information out there. Just open your mind, relearn how to learn, and don't take anyone's word on religious belief as the one and only way to think. That is what got you here in the fist place. I'm sorry if I came off a bit harsh but when people tell me what is or is not flowing through my body and my knowledge on such things are limited when they don't know me or anything about me and when their knowledge about anything is limited to just the Christian take on things, it just bugs the hell out of me.

Take care, and I hope I have not offended you.

Dave

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Dave,

An excellent post, many thanks.

The process of social evolution which the WTS fights but eventually succumbs to, will as you note *inevitably* change the core doctrines of the WTS. It is not a matter of when, but of how much.

I will say that the WTS have proved themselves very willing to adapt to survive and though I can see many changes coming in doctrine over the next decade that will force it into a more mainstream religion, it will survive. It is as you note a business more than a religion these days and has the past few years taken on the services of one of the big four accountancy firms to formulate a business plan for the future, hence the changes in recent years in its cost-cutting and operational procedures.

Best regards - HS

• seven006
    seven006

***has the past few years taken on the services of one of the big four accountancy firms to formulate a business plan for the future, ***

Now that just cracks me up. A religion with a business plan. What bit of "new light" directed them to do that? Thow shall not commit bankruptcy? No wonder they are allowing their people to go to college now, they need college educated accountants at Bethel.

HS, you never fail to crack me up.Thanks pal.

Dave

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Wow,

How did I miss this. Dave, excellent

They now have to run god's instructions by their legal department as well as their marketing department. They have exposed themselves by doing this as exactly what they are, a tax exempt publishing and real-estate development company disguised as a religion.

You have made several Classic statements in this post.

Steve

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit