THE INFORMATION AGE AND NEW JW MARKETING CHANGES

by seven006 62 Replies latest jw friends

• sf
    sf

Great post Dave.

The jws in the chatroom sure disagree though, as they are leaving, one by one not knowing how to respond to such Truths.

sKally, cut/ paste klassAction

• minimus
    minimus

Great post AND follow-up comments!!

• jimbob
    jimbob

That was one of the best posts I have read in a long time. Pretty much sums up everything in a nutshell. Well done!!

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Yeah ... what JimJob said

• seven006
    seven006

SF,
    You really have to stop using my posts as a scatter gun to evacuate JW's from their own chat rooms. You're going to develop a bad reputation and they wont want to play with you anymore.

Min,
    be nice.

Jimbob and FBF,

Thanks. It gave me something to do while I waited for a 3D illustration to finish rendering on my other computer.

D

• sf
    sf
    from their own chat rooms.

Ha! Surely you jest. WE make these rooms...they fall right into the abyss, like clockwork.

sKally

• Gordy
    Gordy

Good post seven006

True what you say about communication today and what is available about the JW's. If only it was so back in 1971 when I became one, I wouldn't have touched them with a bargepole.

The passing of homes which display "No JW's" signs or "No Trespassing" which they would have ignored before. Is has been said, the result of people more willingly to apply the law to make them comply. The WT may say under the "Human Rights Act" their right to practise their religion. But they are learning that under the same Act, it my right to stop them calling on me, and if they persist indoing so, I can have them for harassment.

Interesting on the fact they are trying out TV ads in the USA, something they at one time would have abhorred doing, they would have considered it lowering themselves.

The remarks about the "Paradise" book and the way it frightened children. My wife is an example of that it was that book when it had been placed with her parents when she was 8 yrs old, that made her want to be a JW so as not to die at Armageddon. Though I do think the Watchtower writers did know what they were doing. They were aiming for the young impressionable mind. Also the thought that crossed my mind was at the time of that books publication, most of the Western world was being told that any day the Russians would drop hundreds f nuclear bombs on them. So the idea of a destruction that you could survive was appealing.

All in all it is becoming very difficult for the JW's. Now when they call on someone, they have a talk with that person, they know that after they have gone the person could very well be on the Internet checking out what they said. So when they return the person has questions, questions they don't like, questions that may even cause the JW to go away and think.

I know of JW's themselves who no longer believe but keep going because of family, a couple of them being Elders.

It will be interesting to see what this years report is.

• doinmypart
    doinmypart

bttt an Excellent post.

• Black Man
    Black Man

Dave:

Once again a great post. I don't know how I missed it when lurking before. Eloquently sums up my feelings. Peace..........

• Polemotheos
    Polemotheos

seven006,

Very good. I have come to the same conclusions.

You may find it intresting that there is a Jehovah's witness co-operative developing.

http://polemotheos.home.comcast.net/JWco-op.html

I would like to express my thanks to you and people like you. I would also like you to scrutenize the JW co-op as much or more than you do for the watchtower corporation. We will listen to you and want your counter arguments to keep us humble.

Wisdom from people like you is profound and only makes us closer to Jehovah. If only we can do things right. :)

I know there is a way and part of that way is thanks to you,

Mars Turner

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit