An Apology Regarding "The Voice"...

by AGuest 109 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Farkel
    Farkel

: and the peace of His Son and Christ, my Lord, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH

He could have picked a name with one syllable, but NO! He had to pick a name with several hundred thousand syllables. Hardly anyone will get converted because hardly anyone can even pronounce his name!

JaheshuaElijahMohammed MisfitJackoffZeriah: who can pronounce that crap, anyway? :) "Fred" I can pronounce. That other stuff I cannot pronounce. God should have named him "Fred." Or "George." How can one follow and worship someone when one cannot even say their name?

Farkel

• Farkel
    Farkel

nowisee,

: dc may indeed be wonderful, but sometimes he should choose his responses with a bit more care. whenever i see him i remember being cut to the core by his remarks to me, when i was a very new poster, and new to the computer. ironically it all dealt with you.

If what I said was out of line, then I will apologize to you. Your link to what I said goes nowhere. If you have my relevant comments and the context in which they were made, then please put them up for us all to see. 1) If I attacked you personally and did not attack your arguments, then I will definitely apologize. 2) If I attacked what you said and what you said was true, I will definitely apologize. 3) If I attacked what you said and what you said was nonsense, it ain't gonna happen.

If "1" or "2" is true and you can show me the facts, I will be not only obliged to apologize, but will gladly do so. If I just offended you because you were spouting some sort of nonsense, you can forget about it. I'm here to produce results that are important to me. I'm not here to coddle sensitive wimps who whine when their feelings are offended.

I've slammed AGuest's comments harder than just about everyone I've slammed. She was able to handle it and we both learned from it, and in fact we became fast friends as has been brought out by she and I.

I WILL apologize if you can show I attacked a solid argument improperly or attacked you personally when you made a solid argument.

Farkel

• toreador
    toreador

Hello Shelby,

I am out of town all day today and I thank you for your reply. Some of it I understand better, some is still as clear as mud.

I was wondering if you could ask Jesus, or maybe you already know, what is going to happen to Doug C in the end. You say he is very kind fellow underneath but the reality of it is as far as Jesus and the bible goes he is much worse of a skeptic than me. I am still trying to piece it all together and he has already decided it is a load of crap. So If you are right where does that leave him, and me and the restof us who are doubters for that matter.

How is that a merciful thing to allow to pay for something they had no part in?
    I don't think the animals feel it's any difference to be sacrificed that way... or for the sake of feeding mankind. Either way... they die.
    To say that animals go willingly to the slaughter is ridiculous. Have you ever been to a slaughter house where they slaughter beef. I dont think so! They know damn well what is going to happen to them and they are terrified!!
    Oh, yes... that's why they all run away screaming... break out of their pens... sneaking out in the middle of the night... because they're terrified. Sigh! It is true that they would not go if they didn't have to... to keep US alive... those of us who rely on them for food.
    Animals dont know whether they are going to be eaten or sacrificed because they dont think in that regard. My point was they know death when they smell it. You are not making sense on this one. You said they offer themselves willingly to be sacrificed. I dont think so my dear one. There is more I would like your comments on but I am running extremely late. I must go. Thank you for your comments so far. Yours, Toreador

• toreador
    toreador

Shelby had wrote earlier:

The wage... or price... of sin... is death. God... MERCIFULLY... allowed animals to be substituted for human life in that regard. The animals, who also serve JAH... are even higher than us in this regard because, like my Lord... they go silently... and most often... willingly. Why? Because unlike US... but like my LORD... THEY know that this life is not all there is. THEIR minds are not simply on the things of the earth. God saves man... AND beast.

I had wanted to add this to the comments above buy the editing time I guess ran out about your saying animals most often go willingly to be sacrificed.

Toreador

• nowisee
  • Brummie
    Brummie

Looks like nowisee has been left speechless!

:)

• nowisee
    nowisee

i don't know why the link doesn't come up. it can be found on page 264 of your post history in the thread entitled, "posters that make an impact".

farkel, the whole thread was (i won't say idiotic)innocent fluff and i posted in that spirit. i couldn't for the life of me figure out at the time why you chose me, out of all the others who posted, for dissection, until later in the thread when i read your defense of aguest and then the only thing that made sense was that you (i believe) had taken offense to my remark about her when there was no offense intended, in fact just the opposite.

i've seen you come down on others as well for no apparent reason. you didn't know me. you didn't know anything about my life or what i might have been dealing with. you didn't try to understand where i was coming from. i was very new, coming here for support and camaraderie. sometimes, particularly newbies, are already in a fragile and demoralized state and such harshness and criticism is unnecessary and unwarranted. sometimes there may be very good but unknown reasons to be gentle, EVEN if you are right. i know you are who you are, but how you treat people is always a choice.

in fairness to you i have also seen a kinder and gentler side of you emerge from time to time. when that happens it belies a better person and bigger heart than the one i encountered, and i believe it is that person who is worthy of respect.

as for aguest, i always find her to be thought-provoking. she has sometimes clarified things for me, i find her sometimes to be humorous, always kind, and i respect her character and many worthy accomplishments. i have lots of question marks attached to some of her statements but it is good for developing discernment, which we all need to do after the wt experience.

that's all. you don't need to apologize. i am glad i had the opportunity to speak to this, as obviously it still bothered me. it's over and i wish you well.

(aguest, i'm sorry your thread went off on this tangent unrelated to socrates -- but i think you started it!)

best wishes, nowisee

• toreador
    toreador
    (aguest, i'm sorry your thread went off on this tangent unrelated to socrates -- but i think you started it!)

best wishes, nowisee

I too am grateful for her indulgences. Most of the time she leaves me with more questions than answers but it is nevertheless interesting.

Toreador

• Farkel
    Farkel

toreador,

: You say he is very kind fellow underneath but the reality of it is as far as Jesus and the bible goes he is much worse of a skeptic than me. I am still trying to piece it all together and he has already decided it is a load of crap. So If you are right where does that leave him, and me and the restof us who are doubters for that matter.

It is NOT about the Bible and it is NOT about Jesus. It is about who you are, as Shelby has explained to me. According to her, God knows the good guys/gals and it ain't about what they believe or don't believe.

I hope I got at least some of that right, Shelby. Believing is the biggest bunch of bullshit in the world. Hitler "believed", for example. So did Rutherford and Russell and Franz. Look where that got people. It is who you are, not what you believe. Once you break out of that "believing" mold, a whole new set of possibibilites are open to you.

Whether Shelby believes what I just wrote or not, doesn't matter. That is what I believe. However, she has a more cosmic view about things than most religious fanatics. She doesn't hold that the entire Bible is inspired by God, for example. She admits to some of it being bullshit. So do I.

Farkel

• toreador
    toreador

Farkel wrote:

:It is NOT about the Bible and it is NOT about Jesus. It is about who you are, as Shelby has explained to me. According to her, God knows the good guys/gals and it ain't about what they believe or don't believe.

I hope you are right.

:I hope I got at least some of that right, Shelby. Believing is the biggest bunch of bullshit in the world. Hitler "believed", for example. So did Rutherford and Russell and Franz. Look where that got people. It is who you are, not what you believe. Once you break out of that "believing" mold, a whole new set of possibibilites are open to you.

Precisely. What good does it do to have to fight with your mind/logic to try to believe something that would seem to a reasonable and logical person to be absurd. What kind of God in his right mind would expect his followers to have to do that in order to be saved, if there even is such a thing as being saved, and to what are you being saved to or for.

:Whether Shelby believes what I just wrote or not, doesn't matter. That is what I believe. However, she has a more cosmic view about things than most religious fanatics. She doesn't hold that the entire Bible is inspired by God, for example. She admits to some of it being bullshit. So do I.

I never would have guessed that Shelby believes some parts of the bible to be bullshit. She comes across as if she would fight tooth and nail for every word in it. YOu know her better than I so I tend to believe you. My question for you and her would be, how does she decide which is poppycock and which to believe and teach. If the bible claims to be inspired which I believe it does, and much of it is bull**** then how can we be expected to put faith in what or whom it talks about we have to put faith in to be saved.

If one starts picking and choosing what parts to believe in, that is precisely why, as you so succintly pointed out, we see all these baloney religions and beliefs. It makes no sense to me. This is why this ransom thing with all this needless killing of all these animals and then the ridiculous barbaric way in which Jesus died is senseless. If Jesus had to die for us then for Christs sake have him offered in the most humane way possible by those who loved him the most. If Jesus followers couldnt fathom doing this deed, God certainly did fathom it and worse and required it to be done. By his allowing it to be done he in effect condoned it in the same way a person seeing an innocent child being molested stands by and does nothing.

In addition the animals did nothing to deserve being sacrificed and to say they most often go willingly to the slaughter does not make a lick of sense. If there is a God he certainly likes lots of needless killing and the spilling of innocent blood.

I liked your thoughts on this DC/Farkel.

Toreador

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit