An Apology Regarding "The Voice"...

by AGuest 109 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• willy_think
    willy_think
    I have been coming here for some time (although not in recent months, my sincere apologies)

Being a srvant of the lord means never having to say sorry.

• logical
    logical

I think some of you are being overly harsh on Shelby.

I dont know who Socrates is or was, Im not about to read up on him either. But I do know you cant trust what is written down by men, particularly from hundreds of years ago. Including the bible. Hell, you cant even trust what was written today as the truth. You are treating what is written about him is the absolute truth. Do you know it is? Can you prove it is?

I dont think Shelby was quite directing us to Socrates, but just using him as an example that he was given the same sort of work as other prophets, am I right? I for one am not going to read up on what a human had to say to live my life. Unless I hear it direct from God or Christ, then i dont believe it. Even if it is from a person who claims they are speaking on behalf of God or Christ.

I just dont see why God or Christ cant tell me directly what I want and need to know. I have waited for this "voice" to talk to me, but I have heard nothing. Its because "I dont want to hear" or similar reasons... yet, still, I cant hear even though I DO want to hear the truth. Now, is it because these peopel talking to me a false, or because God doesnt want to know me, or what? Ultimately. EVERYTHING spiritual I have been taught has come from PEOPLE.... maybe this is the hint I need.

I really want to know the truth, but I cant seem to find it. Or... maybe I already have, and its a harsh reality. That there is no fairytale. That this is all there is. I sincerely hope this is not true, because if it is then all is pointless and good is just worthless as evil ultimately prevails the way things are.

I know this is not how things are, because of the many many wonders in the universe. All by chance? No chance. Not possible, and I dont believe that some convenient fairytale process called "evolution" created it all. Maybe humans are just incapable of understanding some things, and this is one of them.

Sorry for going off on a tangent I am just trying to sort out a lot of stuff in my head.

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

So-crates...was one of the historical personalities picked up by "Bill and Ted", in their "most excellent Adventure." duh...

For more info, switch to "Comedy Central" it's on right now, dudes and dudettes. That's where Shelby was probably inspired herself. Too bad they did not bring back Jesus, they could have asked him stuff. Gumby, would that count as Christs' 2nd coming? lol

• AGuest
    AGuest

No need to respond, not at all! The greatest of love and peace to you, dear one... and GLAD to see your here... still!

Your servant (of course) and a slave of Christ,

SJ

• AGuest
    AGuest

and beliefs of Socrates... are not the same thing. The "Socratic Method," is merely a imitation of how Socrates MANIFESTED his beliefs: by questioning those who considered themselves wise... in order to ascertain if they really were... or, rather, to show them that they really weren't.

Peace to you, dear DOB.

A slave of Christ,

SJ

• AGuest
    AGuest

and the greatest of love and peace to you!

Personally, I no longer "crave" the "day of JAH," but wait patiently for it. Yes, I most certainly wish for His will to be done... on earth AS it is in heaven... and know that day will come. In the meantime... I just live... and am having a GREAT time doing it!

Life... ROCKS!!

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

SJ

• AGuest
    AGuest

dear CZAR (and the greatest of love and peace to you, dear one!)

Folks do what they have to do. And they SHOULD question such things... test them out... make sure... because not all inspired expressions originate with God. Praise JAH, that I do not have the "fear" of a false prophet, in that I would feel the need to "protect" myself and what I am given to say. I have no need to fight... for I'm only a messenger... sent to those with ears [to hear], in spite of those without [whether they hear... or refrain].

If one does not like what I am directed to share, that's absolutely okay: everyone will be given ample opportunity to take up their issues with the Most Holy One of Israel, JAH of Armies... now (Psalm 4:4) or later (Revelation 20:11-15). When they do, they can duke it out with Him. Personally, I would opt for now (Psalm 4:4); it's just... well, easier, that way.

Again, peace to you!

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

SJ

• AGuest
    AGuest

a "she", dear one. Peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SJ

• AGuest
    AGuest
    I see you are at it again, trying to be a modern-day "Prophetess."

I confess I am trying to do the work my Lord has given me, dear A1914; whether that makes me a "prophetess"... modern-day or otherwise... is not my call. I would state it more as willing servant.

I see you are resorting to 'ad hominem' statements to deflect honest questions that you cannot answer, e.g.: As always, there have been skeptics, even among those who claim to possess holy spirit, and those who claim to be "anointed" (or did, at one time), and those who claim to have superior understanding (based on scholarly study or just plain logic), and as many here will attest, I stuck to what I was directed to share, at times even in the face of great hostility.

Okay, I think I confessed some time LONG, LONG ago... that I was not an expert on the "principles of debate," or "proper methods of argument." I'm just l'il ole me... and what I wrote... is what I wrote. Add hominy... and butter and salt... if you wish... but I find it curious that you cited this particular statement. Don't you?

Charles Russell would be proud ... were he running the Watch Tower today he would have been eager to put you on his writing staff.

Well, of course he would. But he would've settled for something far less, say, someone with some money (which I don't have), a good sense of business (well, I could improve), and NO CONSCIENCE. The latter would make me an unlikely candidate. Peace, dear A1914! Your servant (as always) and a slave of Christ, SJ

• AGuest
    AGuest
    when she rains fire and sulpher on those who call her on her insanity, it ain't god threatening to kill you, it's Shelby.

What "fire" and "sulpher"???? I believe you confused me those who pushes JAH as an exacting deity who is never pleased, never satisfied, for whom one can never do enough... and who considers all mankind amoeba-like phlegm, unworthy of His consideration. The only "god" that I know of like that... is Death.

But, of course, you have failed... and still fail... to READ what I am permitted to post... because your totally irrational and unfounded hatred BLINDS you. So be it. Continue in your darkness, if that's what suits you.

Throwing a "my Lord" and "dear ones" into the mix every so often does not a nice person make.

Okay, let ME take the "mystery" out of this one: I am not nice. Hear me? I am NOT... nice ("nice girls finish... last"). I'm am... honest (vs. deceitful). I am... forthright (vs. upright). I am a sinner (vs. a "righteous" person). I am... like most of you. Okay. Just... okay. Isn't that enough?

She has a SIL (?, sister, cousin???) if I remember correctly,

You remember incorrectly... for I have neither... in the flesh, anyway. I am pretty much an orphan...

who once posted about her own obviously copycat version of Shelby's sickness.

REALLY??!! Where???

It was a fascinating look at how someone can choose insanity over sanity (hint, if you start hearing voices, go to a doctor, not someone like Shelby for advice).

Well, SHELBY would say: whether you hear voices or not... DON'T go to Shelby for advice!!! (Who the HECK am I that someone should come to me for advice? "He can't even run his own life, I'll be damned if he'll run miiiinnnnneeee!!!") Truth is, I would do the same thing you would do - give my opinion... which is subject to flaw just like anyone else's. (NOTE: That does not negate, however, my RESPONSIBILITY to give to Israel what I receive from the Spirit, though...

Perhaps someone can refresh my memory on the name of the poster I'm thinking of; this was probably about 4 years ago. If I'm wrong and the woman is not connected to you Shelby, I apologize in advance,

Hehehehehehehehehe... oh, yeah, right... THAT takes the "viciousness" out of your comments...

but you're still deeply full of shit

While THAT puts it right back...

and it does no good for anyone to ever treat you as if you are not full of shit.

Hmmmm... seems to ME that it's YOU who are not... "nice." LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL! Hypocrite.

My peace remains (as always),

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ (who would rather be thought insane for speaking the truth, than considered sane for NOT doing so because I'm too a-scared),

SJ (whose heart don't pump "kool-aid")

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit