An Apology Regarding "The Voice"...

by AGuest 109 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AGuest
    AGuest

To the Household of God that is Israel... and all those who go with them... may you have peace!

I have been coming here for some time (although not in recent months, my sincere apologies) to share with you various truths that I have received from the Truth. For some of you, there has been little or no doubt as to the "authority" by which I share such things, the true Source of such understandings: I have not refrained from confessing to you time and again that they are not mine, but are what has been given me by my Lord, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH, Son and Christ of the Most Holy One of Israel, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, whose name is JAH or Armies.

As always, there have been skeptics, even among those who claim to possess holy spirit, and those who claim to be "anointed" (or did, at one time), and those who claim to have superior understanding (based on scholarly study or just plain logic), and as many here will attest, I stuck to what I was directed to share, at times even in the face of great hostility. But I had to: again, I confess, my "load" was simply that of messenger; my "driving force", love for the One who sent me and for you; my reward, knowing that even in such times I did not shrink back, possibly to the saving of your souls by your going to that One yourself based one what I was privileged to share.

I must also confess that what I am to share with you today, I was to do a few weeks ago, but begged off and instead let "life" cause me to delay. My Lord, however, has reminded me of my promise to him... to share whatever I am directed to... and so here I am.

This time, I have been directed to relate to you the truth about an ancient brother of ours, the prophet Socrates. Now, I know that most of you know of him as a philosopher, indeed the father of western philosophy, and may even think that to consider him a prophet is folly, weak, perhaps even unthinkable. And although I am aware that many religious scholars do consider Socrates a prophet... of some sort...I must say to you that my knowledge that Socrates was a true prophet, of the True God, sent to the men of Athens to bear witness to what they were... and were not... was not derived from the leanings of such scholars, but from the voice of my Lord himself.

When I asked my Lord how this could be, he told me that although it was to the men of Athens that Socrates was sent, and not to the men of Jerusalem, many of those in Athens (Greece) were Jews... men who had left the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, and turned to mistreating their fellowman under the guise of following false gods. Thus, in the days when my Lord walked in the flesh, it was "down from Greece" that many would come, to worship at the temple in Jerusalem. They were those "Greek-speaking" Jews, who descended from those who settled in that area during the exile or before.

Socrates himself said he was "sent" to the city of Athens, and for the most part, it was almost ALWAYS cities whom my Lord sent prophets to. On occasion, a prophet was sent to an individual and/or his/her household, but that was rare in comparison; most often, it was to an entire city, primarily to the prominent men, those who governed in one manner or another - Chorzin, Capernaum, Nineveh, Tarsis, Tyre, Jerusalem, etc. - the list of cities go on and on.

But Socrates himself also made the same confession that I and those before me have willingly confessed: that he was sent by [the] god, and told the men of Athens that he could not stop the work he was doing (i.e., questioning those who thought themselves wise, who ultimately showed all, by their responses, that they were anything but), because the work was not his, but that of [the] god who had sent him. And Socrates made it clear to the men that he received his assignment... by means of a voice... "the voice"... of "[the] god"... that had spoken to him... from the time he was a small child.

But what I am to share with you today is that Socrates was, in fact, a true PHILOSOPHER, but not in the way the world knows such a one, as one who has a love of wisdom, wisdom being mistaken for knowledge. The word "philosophy" is a Greek word, meaning love ("philo") of wisdom ("sophia"), and most folks believe this means having a love of what is wise... seeking wisdom... as in seeking the truth... as in seeking knowledge... so that one becomes wise.

The TRUTH... is that brother Socrates was a lover... of Wisdom... the Son of God who IS Wisdom... and sought the TRUTH... by means of seeking that One... and KNOWLEDGE of that One... so that he (Socrates) came to know... and tried to get others to know... that he himself was NOT wise... not at ALL... for the wisest among us know that there is only One that IS wise... for that One is Wisdom himself... and all TRUE knowledge... comes from and through him.

Socrates knew this... and taught it. He told his contemporaries that they could not attain what they were seeking until they recognized it and that the only "worthy" ruler would be a philosopher-king "not of this world." The city of Athens, however, did not recognize the truth of what Socrates said to them, for two reasons: their hearts were hardened so as to not be ABLE to hear, as are the hearts of those whom every prophet is sent to, which is why he is sent... and... a prophet is never welcome in his home territory.

Thus, even though Socrates admitted who sent him and why, and although what he spoke to his contemporaries was just and true... they sentenced him to death.

If you, then, believe that Socrates was merely a "philosopher," a man who spouted profound and wise sayings which could not be understood at the time simply because he was ahead of his time... I urge you to request a portion of God's holy spirit, through Christ... and read "The Apology" (Plato)... again.

And as you do, I implore you to hear what the Spirit nows says, as he said when he walked the earth in the flesh:

"Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the killer of the prophets... and all those sent to her."

I bid you peace.

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

SJ

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

Shelby

Forgive me for not comenting on your post, I just wanted to pop in and say hello and tell you it's good to see you!!

Many hugs

Cassi

• shamus
    shamus

SJ,

Did God tell you these things, or did you look it up in a book?

• Quotes
    Quotes

=====================
    When I asked my Lord how this could be, he told me that...
    ======================

I guess AGuest didn't read it; he has been in conversation with his Lord. Why read when you have have a supreme being explain everything to you?

BTW, from the Wikipedia entry for Socrates:

====================================
    In addition, Socrates held unusual views on religion. He made several references to his personal spirit, or daimonion, although he explicitly claimed that it never urged him on, but only warned him against various prospective events. Many of his contemporary were suspicious of Socrates' daimonion as a rejection of the state religion. It is generally understood that Socrates' daimonion is akin to intuition. Moreover, Socrates claimed that the concept of goodness, instead of being determined by what the gods wanted, actually precedes it.

• Valis
    Valis

Horse crap...even one who knew anything about Socrates would know that he didn't believe in the gods...there were too many important questions to be answered for him. Questions being the core of the Socratic method which crackpots, religious fanatics, cults, and most religions cannot tollerate. Oh and he killed himself, which is forbidden and sinfull in the bible.

Try being a subject in Plato's cave and come out for your own sake. All those shadowy puppets and non-realities including the "messenger" complex must be tiring for you...walk out into the light and see the truth......Bullshit is not worth believing in.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Tim Horton
  • gumby
    gumby
    a prophet is never welcome in his home territory.

Neither were those who sold Miracle cures in their home town.....they always traveled to keep ahead of those they lied to. I've never met a prophet yet who wasn't a liar/misinformed......but then again, I haven't met that many.

I'm still waiting for Jesus to "come" after he promised he'd 'come quickly' in Revelation. I guess he figured the word "quickly" meant at LEAST over two thousand years eh?

Yea...I'm still bitter at the bible god Shelb. I prolly always will be.

Gumby

• NewSense
    NewSense
    He told his contemporaries that they could not attain what they were seeking until they recognized it and that the only "worthy" ruler would be a philosopher-king "not of this world."

Could you please provide the source from which you took this quote? Is it from one of Plato's dialogues? Please provide a citation so that I can verify this quote. If (as it is my suspicion) you're - to coin a somewhat vulgar, colloquial expression - "pulling this out of your ass," it will only prove that your entire thesis is untenable. In fact, I think your ideas are totally ludicrous - absolutely asinine. What you say makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

The term "philospher-king" is an interesting one. Where did you get it from? It's strange, but I remember hearing this expression in the movie "Apocalypse Now," where the American journalist -turned-insane-babbler is speaking about his lord and master, the renegade Green Beret commander who had installed himself as a sort of god. Anybody remember that scene toward the end of the movie?

So, once again please provide a citation source in regard to the quote you provide.[edited]

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

I do remember the concept of the philosopher king, New Sense. I'm not sure about the "not of this world" part, but I do recall that the guy at the top was to be a philosopher with absolute power. Can you give us a reference about the "other worldliness" of the king, shelby?

So, shelby, it's good to see you again. Attracting the usual tormenting gnats, eh? I have long wondered about Greco - Judaic interchanges of ideas. Some of those Hercules stories and some of the Samson stories seem to have a lot of parallels. I mean, they lived next to each other in an age of Phonecian commerce.

So, God sent you to tell us this? Did he mention anything else? Or is this just one of his inscrutable ways?

(Note to all: Shelby may very well be off her rocker, but she at least posts a message of peace and hope. Please treat her with respect. You can challenge her arguments, sure, and you probably will just go around and around on the matter - but she has always been nice. Please return the favor.)

CZAR

• NewSense
    NewSense

Angharad! Angharad! Angharad! Oh thou art a fearsome spear-dane indeed, who hath once again left her mead bench to edit one of my posts [I can't help it! Every time I see your name, I invariably think of that great ancient Anglo-Saxon epic poem, "Beowulf." I mean, your name sounds like it was taken directly out of the pages of "Beowulf" or Caedmon's hymns. But, upon reflecting on this idea, I realize that I should probably bite my tongue because you may well think that I'm insulting you. And then you will edit this post also]. And you edited my post in record time, I might add. Moreover, while one could justifiably admit that in recent days I have been considerably less...er...shall we say... "naughty" than previously, I do know why you edited my post.

So, allow me to rephrase myself. I was simply pointing out that a certain soi-disant PROPHETESS posting on this board bears an eerie resemblance to another poster claiming to be the second incarnation of a certain divinity trumpeted in Christian mythology. I can see quite clearly the reason that insulting, threatening and other naughty posts are edited. It's just a pity that absolute bovine excrement and testicles find their way onto this board so often.

Oh, by the way, I really find your name to be quite pretty. I was not directing any insults toward it earlier in this post. I wonder, where does your name come from. It is an old Saxon name, right?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit