Do you like your name?

by Xena 52 Replies latest jw friends

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

Desib77 , now you made me quess too--- just once in the bible ?

Jedidja ?

----

sometimes the answers on this post are like riddles.

multisyllabic ?

I am wondering......

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

Hello CHEVYSNTATS

Your first name Jana is almost pronounced the same as my last (there is no w-sound in mine)

Actually, one of my aunts is called Jana - and is a bit rare here too.

Janna on the contrary is a very old common name. It is the female form of Jan - which is John in English.

Most of the Janna's (or Johanna's) today are calling themself Jannie.

• Monski
    Monski

I was named after an British secret agent who's TV series has long since been discontinued. I think my parents did too much acid in the 60's!

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

Your parents named you Pink Panther? Man you sure did get the luck of the draw on that one

• desib77
    desib77

Country_Woman,

I sent you a pm.

• Epsilon
    Epsilon

My name is okay. Everyone says its nice, since it'skinda unique, but I guess after hearing it a bunch, it doesn't strike me as particuarly so.

• kls
    kls

Okay i will fess up. On my Birth Certificate my name is Christine Ruth ( Ruth the mothers name ). When i was under a year my parents had a fight that the name Christine was one of my dads old girlfriends so my name was changed to Kathy Lynn. I have both Certificates. I hate all my names .

• Celia
    Celia
    I just love my familly name and always did - it looks like a firstname but not really (means from the Wood) ... And I can also use my mothers name wish is quiet interesting ! (Means strengh from the sources)

Frenchbabyface : I like your new pic. btw.

So let's see... Your name is Desbois or Dubois

Your mother's name ??? Force des Sources

• simplesally
    simplesally

Yes, I like my name now. I didn't for a long time since Kelly was considered a boy's name when I was little. I didn't have a cutesy spelling either........ Kellie or Kelley or Kelli to identify me as a girl. So, I was always on the altar boys' list at my school but never got out of class cuz, I was really a girl!!

My name means "brave" .......... I think many times I have been brave so, I'll keep it.

----------

Stinky: Ahttp://www.20000-names.com/female_african_names.htmuld be shortened to AMANI, itself a Kiswahili word meaning "peace."AMANISHAKHETE: The name of one of the Candaces, or Queen Mothers, of the Nubian kingdom of Kush (now northern Sudan). This name could be shortened to AMANI, itself a Kiswahili word meaning "peace."AMANISHAKHETE: The name of one of the Candaces, or Queen Mothers, of the Nubian kingdom of Kush (now northern Sudan). This name could be shortened to AMANI, itself a Kiswahili word meaning "peace."

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

My birth name was Sherryl Neva Bealer. Now NO one called me Sherryl except my mom when she was angry (which was often). Everyone always called me Sherry. I have always felt like a Sherry, I look like a Sherry (people tell me), and I like the name Sherry. Plus most of the Cheryls I ever knew were bitches. Not all, not all!!! Neva is my mom's first name. Now, having been abused by my mom, I really don't have an affinity to having her name in the mix, but I can tell you that it being unusual I won a bit of lunch money on bets that people couldn't guess what the N stood for. As for the Bealer, well I legally changed that and kept the last name of my son, much easier, and I really never felt a big connection to it.

Sherry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit