Do you like your name?

by Xena 52 Replies latest jw friends

• Mac
    Mac

I disliked it very much as a child but, then came to accept it and now embrace it. As I have no middle name to fall back on...what choice did I have?

mac, Brian class

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

I have one of those names that everyone tries to shorten. I love my first name in its long form, but the short versions I hate and refuse to answer to. When my middle name is added to it, it is rather elegant, in a victorian sort of way.

I have the worst surname on the planet, however, from a man who was never a father to me. Hope to change it when I marry, though; although I'm not a traditionalist when it comes to that stuff. If I liked my surname, I'd keep it after I got married.

• dh
    dh

yes, it suits me fine

• Englishman
    Englishman

I quite like my real name. Women tend not to shorten it to "Mike" as much as men do, preferring to stick with Michael. That's with the exeception of HL, if she calls me Michael, then it's serious.

The "a" and the "e" are always written in alphabetical order BTW.

Englishman.

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

I just love my familly name and always did - it looks like a firstname but not really (means from the Wood) ... And I can also use my mothers name wish is quiet interesting ! (Means strengh from the sources)

I had troubles to like my firstname, it was not my mother choice, but on of my father's sluts choice. My father declared me on Corinne to annoy my mother ! ... still I was supposed to be called Marie-Ange (Maria-Angela) wish I don't like either (pfffffffffffffff) but it is my second firstname ... so I've got both !

For my son it's the reverse ... he and everybody always loved his firstname : Anthony
    but he have a real not funny name ... his father recognised him but if is own father's father had recognise his father, his name would have been "Lancelot" !!! (what an irony ?) also Tony is using my name (and he has the legal right to) ... and can make it official whenever he want.

• Terry
    Terry

My father (whom I only met briefly a couple of times) named me Terry after his favorite comic strip in the 40's: TERRY AND THE PIRATES.

I've always cherished my name. It was the only thing he ever gave to me.

Stinkypantz: How about Zuluanna Africanus? At least it has rhythm.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

My name is very similar to a famous musician's name, I get a lot of comments about that.

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy
    My name is very similar to a famous musician's name, I get a lot of comments about that.

I'm in a similar situation, Dan. My first and last name are the same as a popular actor who's career won't die. I usually go by my middle name, but when my friends and co-workers find out my first name (and they always do), I have to go through a period of jokes.

Country

• logansrun
    logansrun

I like my name. I've been told my name sounds like a conservative politician, though.

J. Bradley Potts

The J. stands for John, but I like the sound and mystery of going with just the first initial. Kinda like "M. Scott Peck" or "G.K. Chesterton."

B.

• Angharad
    Angharad

I hated it when I was a kid but like it now because its different !!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit