Do you like your name?

by Xena 52 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Angharad, how do you pronounce your lovely name?

• Angharad
    Angharad

An - harad (silent g)

Simon calls me angry-head

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Simon calls me angry-head

Simon's a stinker ain't he?

Okay I've got the An part, thanks for telling us the G is silent. Now for the harad part. I hear huhrod. How is it accented though? Don't you just love me getting specific? When I have read your name here on JWD I have heard: Ang as in bang and huhrod.

Flyin' who is really Heather

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

I like my first name (Shari) but not my middle name which is Ann. To plain.

• Angharad
    Angharad
    Don't you just love me getting specific? When I have read your name here on JWD I have heard: Ang as in bang and huhrod.

Its more like An - harrrad (emphasis on the r) - If its pronounced with a Welsh accent the r is sort of rolled off the tongue and very clear.

Alot of people pronounce it with the g and an o at the end - Ang- harod. I get called all sorts but don't mind as long as they don't call me Ann (another thing Simon does when he wants to bug me )

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Ann (another thing Simon does when he wants to bug me )

Sounds like Simon needs to buy you flowers or take you out to dinner instead. What do you call Simon when you want to bug him?

• alamb
    alamb

I like my name but had a hard time naming my kids. I always wondered if you "grow" into a name. I named them names that could have many, diverse nick-names.

My question: I you had had a different name, would you be different? Bambi? Adolf? Gertrude? Herman? Do you grow into a name? It seems some people fit theirs so perfectly. Others, no.

• Panda
    Panda

I like my name even though it's usually mis=pronounced.

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

Well,well...My name is Daniel Mark Haszard

Yup,my JW pioneer parents named me after the great prophet and the gospel writer Mark.

Daniel means:God is my judge.

So be it....

• recoveringjw
    recoveringjw

I like my name and surprisingly, never got teased about it in school. Although, for some reason, lots of people mess it.

I like my whole name and kept my last name when I got married. I think if ever I were to have kids, I would probaby change it just so there was less confusion.

So, what's in a name? A lot, I think, sometimes.

Bethany

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit