Are Christians harmless?

by gumby 245 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• gumby
    gumby
    Christians act as messengers of the gospel - not converters

Perhaps you and I BOTH need to look up the word "convert".

As far as 'denergrating' others for what they believe...or whatever that word was.......I think reasoning with others, and putting them down, are two different things......don't you agree?

Gumby

• FMZ
    FMZ

OK.. let's get down to the REAL question here...

IS ROSS HARMLESS?

In small amounts.... he's OK. A bit like the alcohol I'm drinkin'. But, if you get too much of him... then you get confused and start slurring words. Next thing you know you wake up next to Bill Clinton, wondering why he's asking for the address of your dry cleaners.

FMZ

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Why do people join a specific religion?

They join because they are afraid and believe their chosen religion is the righteous way; God's way. Or why join at all?

They believe, as members, they are now somehow different, somehow separate from those who do not believe. Or why believe at all?

Religion is an ego trip. A way of separating and elevating the personal "me" to a higher level that we believe is somehow more acceptable to God.

All this breeds separation, and reinforces the personal ego; when in fact there is no separation in God; no beginning or end. In no person or group is God any more, or any less.

If there were no religious beliefs, and no belief in a separate entity to join, life would closer reflect the true and real Oneness of all.

War and suffering would end.

j

• StinkyPantz
  • Satanus
    Satanus
    Are Christians harmless?

Nonpreaching christians like ozzie are minority christians. I don't think christians like that are dangerous. The ones that are, are the preaching ones. They are like sales people selling belief and promising a hereafter of which they cannot prove will be. I mean that they are selling heaven. There is no proof that their heaven exists, and so they are scammers, really. They use fear, they use lovebombing, they use slanted arguements and countless other mind tools to bend people to their meme. They are always looking for an opening to stick in one of those things.

On the other hand, anyone can believe what they want. But, it's the evangelism spirit, the messianic complex that is the danger, imo.

S

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    I think reasoning with others, and putting them down, are two different things......don't you agree?

of course, but i wonder why you feel the need to do that anyway?

Now, if we were to talk about football - that's different!!!

Ozzie

• FMZ
    FMZ
    dammit, I'm bored..

Chat it is then

FMZ

• StinkyPantz
  • gumby
    gumby
    of course, but i wonder why you feel the need to do that anyway?

Now, if we were to talk about football - that's different!!!

Ozzie......this is what we discuss here on this forum ....religion/god/the bible.

I too am on a journey with no positive answers and this forum and these topics weigh heavy on my mind. I also want to share what I have learned and am willing to be corrected where I am wrong.........besides, football talk is a week or two away ain't it?

*ozzmeister gets all testy and stuff*

Gumby

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Are Christians harmless? Some are harmless but not all of them are harmless.

Might that not be said for pretty much any group you care to look at, religious or otherwise?

Yes, but THIS thread asks the question, and it is specific: Are Christians harmless?

"If there is something that does not make sense and is not loving then to me it's pretty safe to say that it did not come from God" Moi
    Heather......that's a good barometer to go by isn't it?I enjoyed your post btwGumby

Yes, really. The Bible at 1 John 4:8 says "He that does not love has not come to know God because God is love." If it isn't loving then it didn't originate from God.

I'm glad you enjoyed my post. Thank you for the lil red posey. You're always such a sweetheart and I appreciate you for it.

But to indict Christianity, as this thread does, on the acts of Christians throughout the ages;

This is a thread where people try to answer the question: Are Christians harmless? No one is indicting Christians, we are discussing whether or not they are harmless.

Flyin'

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit