Are Christians harmless?

by gumby 245 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• gumby
    gumby
    There's a growing awareness in eastern Australia that christians "do church" by fellowshipping together, not simply in the historic buildings they've inherited.

Hey Oz.....I also wonder if those who meet in houses can...."keep it simple" and not begin to act as the organised churches do. Can insistence on doctrine and leadership be avoided? Do they keep these groups small in numbers?

Gumby

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day Grumbly,

I also wonder if those who meet in houses can...."keep it simple" and not begin to act as the organised churches do.

Yep, of necessity that's so. You can't be too dognatic in a someone's loungeroom, eh?

Can insistence on doctrine and leadership be avoided?

I can't comment as I don't know.

Do they keep these groups small in numbers?

Yep, see above. As the numbers increase they split off into another home group.

Ozzie

• gumby
    gumby

Ozzmeister.....nice to see you so perky and responsive this morning! You must have had an expresso instead of a tall glass of shiraz last night eh?

I suppose a person could ask those who have talked to R.Franz about this as he has been worshipping in this manner since his WT departure and would know these answers. There are also no doubt websites that deal with this avenue with chat/forums to boot.

Gumby

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Church government is another interesting subject (to me at least), whether you are talking about the Presbyterian system (which is more like a "circuit" of congregations), down through to ["home groups" / "cell-churches"], which you are currently discussing.

Just as an observation; Feeling part of a larger "whole" has pros and cons. It makes for an illusion of more security, but can also make some folks "proud".

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Actually gumbles, i'm enjoying a 2000 Shiraz from my favorite vineyard in the Margaret River region in Western Australia!!

Cheers and cheers again,

Ozzie

• gumby
    gumby
    Actually gumbles, i'm enjoying a 2000 Shiraz from my favorite vineyard in the Margaret River region in Western Australia!!

I thought you were actin a bit strangely........ya dammed ol' boozer!

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit