Are Christians harmless?

by gumby 245 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• gumby
    gumby

First off....let me qualify something. Lets keep this to modern day christians in civilized lands.

Many on this board are non-believers, and there are quite a number of christians.....so we have a mix.

Non believers feel they need to speak out concerning what they have come to understand regarding the bibles authenticity to believers because they feel these ones need to at least see the sceptical side so they can make an honest choice.

Believers feel they need to speak out to others concerning what they have come to understand about salvation.

Here's the deal..............if believers can live a happy, good, healthy life, and take this to the grave with them..........should a non-believer try to mess all that up.....or leave well enough alone?

Gumby

• Mac
    Mac

"Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!!"

mac

• jgnat
    jgnat

I am a Christian, and I consider myself fairly harmless. Even helpful. I think it is all in the approach. My honey and I had a good laugh over the lunatic who disrupted the marathon with his end-time message. I pointed out to my JW honey that this lunatic reached millions more people than a year's worth of door-to-door work. Talk about effective. In a way.

Do we want to blare in somebody's ear with a megaphone? That is one way of spreading the message.

Or do we sit down with a friend and listen, really listen to their problems? I sincerely believe no Christian can offer any answers until they have walked alongside their neighbour, and really listened.

• shotgun
    shotgun

Most Christians seem to be harmless...most!

Christianity does seem to play a pivatol role in Wars, in under developed countries and even countries which we deem to be developed.

What would happen if there was a true seperation of Church and state...without any religous backing would these wars gather the backing that they do...I'll leave other religions out of this as you mentioned Christianity...

For example..without the backing of the Vatican would Hitler have been able to pull off the atrocities...I don't think so.

As for trying to convert an unbeliever to a believer or vice-versa...to each his own as long as beliefs do not hinder the growth of a progressive and caring society where freedom of thought rules...no cults!

Gumwizard...It's a tough question to answer, especially if you look back over the History of Christianity.

• gumby
    gumby
    As for trying to convert an unbeliever to a believer or vice-versa...to each his own as long as beliefs do not hinder the growth of a progressive and caring society where freedom of thought rules...no cults!

That's the tough part to answer little bro.

My thought were directed towards individual christians such as those on this site.......not political leaders/figures.

Christianity has changes faces alot in modern times with many doing their best to refrain from being judgmental toward others and many becoming "independant" of organised religion and it's rigid dogmas. It's "these" christians I was refering to......not the troublemakers.

Gumby

• shotgun
    shotgun

I see...you mean trouble makers like littletoe..that rotten kilt wearing fiddle playing unorthodox christian...god love em

I'd say the world could use alot more christians like LT...open to discussion and not dogmatic.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Are non-Christians harmless?

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

This is like that satire on the "Young People Ask" articles, right?
    I'll bite

Young Seekers Ask: Are voodoo dolls for small children?

Young Seekers Ask: Is tribal Juju for you?

Young Seekers Ask: Does Communism "rock your boat"?

Young Seekers Ask: Why did that man with the beard and the gleam in his eye take my goat and little sister?

Young Seekers Ask: Is Gumby a worthy religious rolemodel for the youth of today?

Young Seekers Ask: Should TV's be placed at the center or side of a Shrine corner?

Young Seekers Ask: Will my family ancestors kick up if I place fish & chips and IrnBru on the altar?

and my personal favourite:
    Young Seekers Ask: Are mind-controlling cults useful for weaning off of coke?

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Is the Pope a Catholic?

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    This is like that satire on the "Young People Ask" articles, right?

Yeah, a bit like, "When did you stop beating your wife?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit